TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by jdnation »

There has been a lot of news regarding PSVR lately.

Supermassive also revealed some of what that they are doing PSVR with Dark Pictures
https://mp1st.com/news/supermassive-psv ... ve-enemies

So The Short Message, looking like a first person perspective, and it's PS5 Exclusivity sounds related and the title implying a shorter experience.. Likely also playable as a normal game without VR too. That way, nobody misses out on a sale.

Of interest is that unlike all the other announced SH titles, this one is being done solely internally at Konami.

The date given is either placeholder, or when pre-orders are set to get entered into the system.

DuskG once again confirms this is the Sakura project with Ito, where a girl investigates an abandoned building following her friend's suicide there, details established at the start of the game.

As for Konami's other projects, MGS3 remake is rumored, which sounds in line with the SH2 Remake strategy, though there is also the prospect of another Zone of the Enders game following the MARS remaster, which also supported VR.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Oooh! I wonder when it'll get announced/released!?
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

This is insane. 10 years of nothing and then BAM - now we’re drowning in new titles being announced constantly.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Is this real life? What even is happening?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Heck, I’m more than grateful at this point. 🥲
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

Sabitsuki wrote: 30 Dec 2022 Dusk said there are 3 more games in development (not counting those already announced + TSM).
Three more?! Where did he say this? That's crazy.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
Sabitsuki
Just Passing Through

Post by Sabitsuki »

MistahJ wrote: 31 Dec 2022 Three more?! Where did he say this? That's crazy.
"There's at least three Silent Hill projects which haven't been announced yet, not including the Short Message. Yes, really. But one of them is in very early development"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/silent ... t-98926087
Tu fui, ego eris.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I'm guessing one of those other projects is an in-house Konami production considering they've been hiring devs for a horror game. I also wouldn't be surprised if these other projects (or at least some of them) are pretty small games.

But still...it's crazy to think we have 8(!) games on the way plus a movie after getting nothing (besides a few DLC's for other games and a comic) for a decade.
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Fingers crossed for a new Sam Barlow led SH project.
Droo

Post by Droo »

As long as it's more like Shattered Memories instead of Origins.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Perhaps one of those unannounced projects in early stages is tied to Gan's film. Makes sense to have one guaranteed to come out around that time. So I'm expecting 'Return to Silent Hill: The Game.'

Now we just need to wait for the inevitable TV Series announcement. Streaming services are tanking all around and everyone is looking for a Stranger Things replacement. Heck, there's even rumors of a Stranger Things anime set in Japan... I wonder if Konami is thinking of that too? Animated Castlevania is a hit. Imagine if a studio like MAPPA faithfully adapted the SH1-4 games into 4 shorter anime seasons! But I'd rather they get Season 2 of Chainsaw-Man out as soon as possible, on top of Jujutsu Kaisen, Vinland Saga, and finishing Attack on Titan. :P
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Droo wrote: 31 Dec 2022 As long as it's more like Shattered Memories instead of Origins.
I think it's same to assume it would be something like that. Origins has the whole thing about them inheriting that half baked version and having to rush to finish it on time. Considering all his other more recent games we'd probably get something wildly different if he had full creative freedom.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>So I'm expecting 'Return to Silent Hill: The Game.'<
I have a feeling that's what SILENT HILL 2: REMAKE is intended to be, or vice versa. It seems the film was really the catalyst for all of this, so it makes sense the two would be released somewhat together and have a semi-connection.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Yeah, good point...

However, knowing that 2 is a Remake, and intends to stick very close to the original, there will probably be something else that is more of a direct tie-in to the movie. Either blatantly a playable version of the movie, or some side story that goes alongside the movie as part of some cross-media strategy, so whatever it is will fit more into Gans' version of Silent Hill, which we can already tell won't be the same as SH2 outside of the base premises and a few key moments and locations. Could just be a small different styled game for promotional value.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Agreed. I don't think there will be any major differences between the original game and the remake, though at least some tie-ins to the film. Jonipoon, Droo and I addressed this kinda of in another thread—that maybe we'll get some more information about the town's history, and possibly James' relationship with both Mary and Frank.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

> Either blatantly a playable version of the movie, or some side story that goes alongside the movie as part of some cross-media strategy,

The Movie But In Game Form isn't really a common thing in video games anymore. If there is a tie-in it's much more likely to be a side story than an actual adaptation of the film.
Droo

Post by Droo »

So how soon do we think The Short Message is coming? The rating page had it as December 31st 2022 which was obviously a placeholder date.

But Dusk Golem says it's coming "very soon" so I think it likely will be the first new SH media released since Book of Memories, before even Ascension and 2R.
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I wouldn't be shocked if we get a Playstation event in early 2023 that (along with new information about SH2Remake) will reveal Short Message and either give us a release date or just release it immediately during/after the event.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I just wanna play it now god damn it.

I’m consoling myself with replays of SH2-4 at the moment.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Sabitsuki wrote: 31 Dec 2022
MistahJ wrote: 31 Dec 2022 Three more?! Where did he say this? That's crazy.
"There's at least three Silent Hill projects which haven't been announced yet, not including the Short Message. Yes, really. But one of them is in very early development"

https://www.resetera.com/threads/silent ... t-98926087
Sounds like there is some redundancy here. But still very much has been going on and that is likely why all of last year's rumors were jumbled.