TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by ginjajacob »

Numb Body01 wrote: 19 Oct 2022 What does everyone want to see?

I think HD re-releases of SH1-4 across all platforms would be cool.

Then just a good looking game, I don't care if it's like a "SH5" or more of a PT type affair. Something exciting and looks like it has a budget and some real creative thought behind it. That honours the original games in spirit but does it's own thing to a degree. Something that gets me excited about the franchise again.

A SH1/2 remake too? Sure, if you want.
Bloober SH2 remake, a new entry into the franchise with some old faces or Kojima, and some details on a possible third film......This time in an hour we will all know.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

Omg I can't believe this is happening!!!! I got the spine tingling dingling!!!
oO?
Droo

Post by Droo »

sh#1fan wrote: 19 Oct 2022 Omg I can't believe this is happening!!!! I got the spine tingling dingling!!!
I think you can get ointment for that.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Droo wrote: 19 Oct 2022
sh#1fan wrote: 19 Oct 2022 Omg I can't believe this is happening!!!! I got the spine tingling dingling!!!
I think you can get ointment for that.
Or a health drink.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Caim

Post by Caim »

Rub an ampoule on it!

https://imgur.com/a/fBAiVFe

Here we go oh boy. Anybody else taking selfies to capture the moment? It's the first time since my birthday in the summer that I've felt like taking one. I might even frame it! :D
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Hammerin'InMyHead
Just Passing Through

Post by Hammerin'InMyHead »

Gurl I-
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

I I don't get it, official stream started at 2 PM Pacific Daylight Time, which is 6 PM where I live (UTC -3), but there's a 48:45 video already, but Youtube says it debut 6 minutes ago?
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

That was interesting... So is Silent Hill f a game... Or that short thing we just saw???
oO?
The Silent Executioner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by The Silent Executioner »

sh#1fan wrote: 19 Oct 2022 That was interesting... So is Silent Hill f a game... Or that short thing we just saw???
They said game before the trailer.
Caim

Post by Caim »

Wow. Way more than I expected. Like five different projects! None of them look bad, and Silent Hill F looks amazing. What the hell is it?! It's set in an old Japanese village, but the girl was wearing a modern sort of outfit it seemed... kind of had Siren vibes.

I am really pleased. Feeling like a Phoenix rising from Arizona right now.
A dead person can't write a letter... it's illegal.
Droo

Post by Droo »

There certainly is a lot to unpack there.

I'm especially intrigued by Ascension.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
fudgestix

Post by fudgestix »

There was a whole lot to digest there.

I'm intrigued by the last trailer, it made my skin feel so weird.

Also I think I'm getting old because I didn't understand wtf the Bad Robot game is supposed to be.
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

My take on the announcement.

The Silent Hill 2 remake looks incredible! It looks like they're really trying to make it as close to the original as possible, which is good. Hopefully there'll be at least a couple of new surprises to keep it fresh.

Silent Hill f is arguably the most unique and interesting reveal of the entire stream. For years I've been thinking about an Otherworld focused on mold and fungus, and to see it finally visualized is like a dream come true. My only concern is the Japanese setting, I don't really understand how this can be called Silent Hill if it doesn't even take place in America. Hopefully it's just part of the character's Otherworld.

As for the rest.... I can't say I'm that impressed. As usually when it comes to Western developers, it's all about Silent Hill 2 and themes around personal trauma, guilt and repression. It was also quite disappointing to learn that Christophe Gans' new movie is just an adaptation of Silent Hill 2. Based on his previous quotes from this year, it sounded like he was going to make an original story. But I guess we gotta milk the shit outta Silent Hill 2.

Silent Hill 2, personal hell, Silent Hill 2, personal hell, and Silent Hill f. Okay, so we're basically getting two versions of Silent Hill 2, two versions of Silent Hill 2's personal hell, and ONE new original game. Okay, honestly I'm jumping to conclusions when it comes to Silent Hill: Townfall, but the odds of it also being a story about personal hell are low.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

Folks interested in summarizing their reactions beat-by-beat? Posting my immediate reactions here, and then I'll swing by after I've had more time to process all the info.

Silent Hill 2 by Bloober Team -- Not super excited by what I saw. I remain open-minded, but nothing on display moved me. I chucked at the excessive utilization of ambient motion on every single piece of hair or foliage at all times. Gotta show that tech! It should at least be fun to have a bunch of world detail to newly pour over.

Silent Hill: Townfall -- this looks pretty rad. I'm a huge fan of Annapurna, and have a lot of faith in the creative integrity propelling the folks they choose to work with. Hyped!

New Silent Hill Movie -- This one's whatever. I'm glad it's a thing, I suppose. I'll go see it.

Silent Hill: Ascension -- I'll resist the temptation to dunk on this one. The foundational premise feels comically over-inflated -- "you will change Silent Hill canon, forever!" Would be happy to be proven wrong, but from where I stand, get outta here with this! haha.

Silent Hill F -- Definitely piqued my interest. Excited to learn more as details come.

Did I forget anything?

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

I had my "People posting on SHHF isn't the only thing giving me 2000s vibes from today - Christophe Gans is making a film, SH2 is back (twice), Konami is farming out their products to foreign studios, releasing a load of ok-to-bad looking SH games, and the whole thing has this creepy, sell-out vibe" joke ready but that SH:f trailer came along and I was like huh, maybe something from this announcement will actually turn out really good.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

I'm not sure at all about Ascension, all the other ones look great and I'm excited for all of them. Loved the remake footage, James has emotions this time around. f reminds me a lot of Siren which is always a good thing. And I really liked the way they edited the Townfall trailer, No Code is a pretty good choice as well.
Numb Body01

Post by Numb Body01 »

Lifetolifeless wrote: 19 Oct 2022 It should at least be fun to have a bunch of world detail to newly pour over.
But didn't it look too clean, bright, and shiny to you (or anyone else)? I dunno, I think a SH2 remake could be cool but this didn't have the vibe right for me (it wasn't even scary!).
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I'm VERY interested honestly. Wary of the SH2 stuff and I doubt it'll be particularly faithful (MAYBE parts of the remake since Yamaoka and Ito are on board), but I'm interested to see what they try.

I'm actually on board with it not necessarily being a "personal" hell as long as it's done well. We'll have to see. I posted this over at Resetera:

I expected the camera angle change for the SH2 remake and I think James looks really, really weird, but knowing Ito is on board gives me a little more faith in it. At the very least, I hope it'll be a decent game on its own even if it ends up being a poor SH2 remake. They really REALLY need to get the originals available nowadays, though. Especially with this series revival.

The movie... Gans did some interesting stuff with the original even if it didn't always work, so while I don't really have faith in him to do a good adaptation of SH2 as a whole, I'm excited to see what he tries to do and what ends up on screen. It'll be nice to look at, I hope. I like seeing what people try with adaptations, though; it's impossible to make an entirely faithful adaptation that keeps the differences between film and the original medium while preserving the source material, so I find it best to think of adaptations as "inspired by" rather than attempting to recreate. We'll have to see.

Townfall sounds really interesting, too, but I have no real experience with No Code. Ascension sounds like it could go poorly but I think it has some interesting ideas based off of what Dusk Golem said, and I'm down to see what they try.

I haven't played Higurashi or Umineko, but knowing how respected those are, seeing that it's the devs from them for Silent Hill f is really exciting. From what I do know about it, they have some really cool ideas that might work nicely within Silent Hill. Hmmmmm.

Overall, I'm cautiously optimistic. I don't expect anything SH2 to be as faithful as we'd like in general, but I want to see what they're going to do with it. I'd feel a lot better about it if they would put at least the original 4 games on modern consoles (available *somehow*), though.

Also, the leaker that's been talking about some of the new stuff had this to say about Ascension, which I personally find really interesting:
https://www.resetera.com/threads/silent ... t-95150973
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

It was kind of comical that the stream included a merchandise presentation with boards based on characters and scenery from SH1-4, but there was no mention of SH1-4 being re-released for the current platforms.

I mean, holy hit, that's Incubus, Robbie, and Eileen's giant head. But that's it? They show us these boards but dont give us the possibility to play the games?
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.