for figure collectors.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthillking
Just Passing Through

for figure collectors.

Post by silenthillking »

Before you post comment only do so if you are intrested in figure collecting.

When looking on google you,ll see a lot of costume figures there good but why hasn,t a major toy company made a mass production.
Of the series I mean there,s (neca, hottoys,sideshow,mcfarlane,dc,artfx,hollywood collectibles).All are more than capable to do so.

To my knowledge there,s only 1 figure made by a company.That,s (studio oxmox) here,s a link.
http://www.studiooxmox.com/sites_e/silent_hill1.html
I own one but not everyone has got years to check ebay and wait for it £677.68 to dish out.

Silent hill is entering it,s first Decade and fans are in the millions so there will be buyers.
Also I no that toy company,s needed to get a licence to start making figure but there should be no problems there.
last the range is big there,s over 50 monsters in the silent hill series.

Reason,s why I think there,s a problem.

1. It,s no secret silent hill has a sexual background like the ,SPOILER ! (nurses with the big knockers)
2. I think Konami has given up the rights to silent hill to another company so that may be why.
3. Maybe a comany has tryed but konami has not given the permission.
4. Time my be the problem some figure,s take years to get a licence like killer klowns.

So tell me what you think also my grammar my be hard to understand I speak 5 language,s english is my third.
SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: for figure collectors.

Post by SHF »

ur english is fine. thanks 4 the link
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

If it's honestly 1/5 languages, even I can't complain, and I'm the local Dicktionary. :P

Thanks for sharing those links!
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Squarehead
Gravedigger

Post by Squarehead »

James looks like Albert Wesker 8)
I can't believe i earned 10 Silent Hill cash for this.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

I've seen that figure and I want it. The problem is, I can't afford it! Silent Hill 2 is my favorite game in the series and any merchandise from it would be awesome to own.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

Too bad we see Neca buying all that complete crap like Twilight and not something that actually has quality, like Silent Hill. And McFarlane, they only care in making Spawn and custom action figures because they do not need to buy any rights since they already own them.
I do not know if Sideshow Toys would like to have a Silent Hill series of figures (or any other game for that matter), but I believe Sideshow would make absolutelly great SH figures. About the other companies, like Mezco etc, they probably can not afford buying the rights of such a thing like SH.

I wish Konami would do what Atari did for Alone In The Dark. They made a special edition box that included a game art booklet, soundtrack, and a 5" figure. Wouldn't it be sweet if they did that for the first four SH games?
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

^I dunno... a lot of the mass release "limited edition box" game figurines are terrible. I've seen the crap no one wanted that Saraieth brought home from GameStop when he worked there. :|

MacFarlane's stuff is beautifully sculpted and highly intricate, but his "subject matter" is so damn one-note. I'd be scared he'd try to mess with the designs: suddenly Heather would become... uh... whatever the fuck this thing is. Their website says it's Dorothy Gail. I say it's full of hateful lies, and probably a very unhappy childhood.

I'd love to see Mezco do something with SH, however. I can't look the Hellboy 2 Angel of Death sculpt they did and not think they'd do beautiful things to SH monsters.
Can you possibly tell me a sculpture of a Nurse or Valtiel wouldn't be right up their alley?
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.