underneath pyramid head's helmet...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

crucifix
Historical Society Historian

underneath pyramid head's helmet...

Post by crucifix »

i've seen many silent hill fans claim that pyramid head is supposed to look like, or at least resemble, james under the helmet. i've heard this touted as "official," and i'm wondering about it mightily at the moment. can anyone supply a source?
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I've never heard that, nevermind see a pic. The only thing I've seen was a tongue or tentacle. :|
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The r.p.t. has nothing designed beneath its helmet, so there's no way to officially make such a claim. If anything, I'd speculate it would appear more like Valtiel than anything.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
crazyhorse
Just Passing Through

Post by crazyhorse »

Some people say that it is suppose to look like Valtiel under the helmet; however, I believe Pyramid Head and Valtiel should be 2 different things. Pyramid Head should look bizarre and disturbing under the helmet, or maybe no one should ever find out. What if it's not a helmet at all? Maybe that is a piece of its anatomy.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Being that this is a manifestation of James subconsious. I don't believe that there is anything under the helmet, that the creature just looks the way it does. Because James manifested it way to represent his pain and guilt. If Pyramid head was supposed to have something under its helmet. Then we would've seen that in the game itself, it would've actually been shown in some way shape or form. But being that we see just the pyramid shaped helmet. I believe that is all we're meant to see.

There was another thread on this forum, that I read not that long ago. About how James the first time he was in Silent hill with Mary. Saw that painting, the one in the historical society. The one with the executions taking place during civil war times. I believe that James simply saw that image, and manifested Pyramid head from that, without really knowing what was underneath the helmet, or even trying to image what the person under the cloth/helmet or whatever it was looked like.

But as I said above, if the designers wanted us to know what was underneath, or if there was anything underneath the helmet. Then we would've seen some shred of it somewhere, or at least a hint of it somewhere.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
crazyhorse
Just Passing Through

Post by crazyhorse »

There does appear to be some kind of lung or stomach hanging from the back of the helmet. Also, a tenticle looks like it sometimes protrudes out from the hole on top of the helmet. It looks like a proboscis of some kind.
[img]http://i823.photobucket.com/albums/zz157/nogchoceek/Avatars/uncanny.jpg[/img]
"Battle not with monsters lest ye become a monster; and if you gaze into the abyss the abyss gazes into you."
pisces9397
Just Passing Through

Post by pisces9397 »

I don't think there's anything under the helmet. He's designed so we won't see his real face. Besides, anything they could dream up probably would be disappointing compared to the whole package WITH the helmet on. Like when they unmasked Darth Vader, it just sucked.
I have a chainsaw in my pocket. -Owl_Waxer
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I agree with David. In the Otherworld, there's probably nothing in existence outside of a human's perceptions. No one sees under Pyramid Head's helmet, so there's nothing there. There's nothing on the other side of those broken locked doors. The monsters don't exist when not in the room, etc.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Klimat
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Klimat »

Well, there was a picture of Red Pyramid Thing without it's helmet on the Art Of Silent Hill DVD. Just an old concept art, most definitely it was drawn even before Masahiro Ito designed his brilliant pyramid concept, so I doubt it can be considered cannon for SH2. But anyway.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

Well since Pyramid Head is supposed to be manifested by James then It's only appropriate that if something was under ph's helmet then it would be something James manifested it to be. So basically for all we know it could be anything or nothing. Right Now I have to conclude nothing because James never looked. IF he had somehow managed to look under that helmet then his mind might would have caused something to be there.

That is ofcourse assuming that the whole "It's all in your head" theory is true.
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
pisces9397
Just Passing Through

Post by pisces9397 »

I retract my previous statement.

It's probably a fucking goose-down pillow or something.
I have a chainsaw in my pocket. -Owl_Waxer
VIVIsect

Post by VIVIsect »

I imagine something resembling a 20 pound ball of chewed bubblegum.
nobody is anybody
ControlFreak
Subway Guard

Post by ControlFreak »

Reading the title of this thread, I was expecting some sort of discussion on PH's personal hygiene. :lol:

Seriously though, I've never really thought of there being anything underneath. To me, the helmet is part of him.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

Given the organic appearance of his helmet, I always assumed the Pyramid was its head.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

It more or less is since that's how James made him.
kideatsu
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by kideatsu »

Yeah I just see that helmet as his own head all in one, and that maybe it's solid.
adm1r
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by adm1r »

It makes it more interesting and more puzzling because you can't see underneath the mask and that's why it's even more frightening.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Definitely, if there was some lesser being underneath the helmet, PH would lose all of his frightening aspects, he would seem so much weaker. Like someone previously said, Darth Vader was almost indestructable, then we see his just a man underneath. *fart noise*
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

PH & his helmet seem to me like a murderer who doesn't want to face his victims (maybe isn't bold enough), neither wants 'them' to see his face. So he covers his head with this helmet that as SH developers mention in Making of featurette, inflicts 'pain'. Well, it could symbolize middle-age executioners with black hoods on their heads. PH walks as though he doesn't 'see' his way, & possibly senses life & environment around himself.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
don't want to overanalyze, but I think James is similar to him in a way that he's 'running away' from the truth, that he's murdered his wife. In my opinion, PH is a mere reflection of James in the way he subconsciously sees himself.
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Well seeing as all the dead bodies around Silent Hill were really James more or less I only assume that under RPT is a James head ^.^ blonde hair and all
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~