Eileen's reality. (Spoilers abound.)

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

srry, thanx Lulu
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I asked a legitimate question. You, in turn, responded like an ass. If someone doesn't have their information straight, I will not refrain from correcting them. It's dumb of people to take offense when being offered assistance.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

Sr. Thomas, go to Eileen's "reading skills" to see what I have to ask (so that I don't have to write it twice). I ask you this because I want your opinion, since your theory is quite interesting. :)
You've seen that horrible world, as well...
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

>Why would Cynthia take a nap in the subway then? Easy, she didn't, she wen't through the hole just like Henry and Richard, if you listen to the conversation with her, you'll notice she never mentions how she got in, but instead mentions the possibility of it being a dream, she says: "Huh? This is my dream and you don't even know my name?".

We actually see her getting into the subway, when we look through the window.

Considering the Subway world, there is something interesting about it. Remember that note from Little Walter when you are at the Subway World for the second time? it says "It's in one of my TOY trains" (refering to that box you open in one of the trains). Now,we were talking about the "Dream world",and the trains are in it, then why would Little Walter say that it is a toy train? I'm confused a little...
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

I agree that Walter cannot appear in the Real World.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Use the G-ddamn EDIT button.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

St. Thomas wrote:Use the G-ddamn EDIT button.
Sorry, but I didn't think of it, really. I added one by one when I read some particular posts in order not to forget what I wanted to say. Won't happen again...
Arthemesic
Historical Society Historian

Post by Arthemesic »

Red Dragon wrote:I never thought of it that way. Thank you for opening my eyes to such a brilliant theory, and answer to the second half of SH4.
Totally :P I'm still in the Water Prison Redux :lol: Well, now I know what's gonna happen! :D
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
Lost In Fog
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Lost In Fog »

TA strikes again! I had a feeling something like this was going on. I just didn't have the patience this man posesses to put this down. Cleared up a few holes in my theory, too. It's information like this that makes me need to pay closer attention in these games. Most of the time I'm rushing through to see the demo/cinemas to get the information. I usually read the notes but forget some of the info in them to get pieces to puzzels in the game. I'm such a fool. :?
[img]http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g222/lostinfog_photos/lif2.jpg[/img]
swedish
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by swedish »

Krist. wrote:Like a "trick", much like the bloody handprints on the wall across from Henry's door, and the message "BETTER CHECK ON YOUR NEIGHBOR SOON." If those existed in reality, wouldn't the other occupants question it or call notice to it?
I think there's one scene where if you look outside the door, Frank Sunderland appears to be looking at the hand prints on the wall, shakes his head, then walks away. I'd also like to question why the BETTER CHECK ON YOUR NEIGHBOR SOON message only appears temporarily, and isn't stuck there permanently like the bloody hand prints and the recent additions.

My guess is that the NEIGHBOR message was written by Walter after traversing to the real world, and some of the tenants took notice and had someone clean it up. But if you think that they see the message, they would be able to see the bloody hand prints on the wall too... So maybe the hand prints really can't be seen by people in reality and only by Henry because he’s the Receiver of Wisdom. But then again, if Frank appears to see the handprints like I’ve said before, why can’t anyone else? Could it because he has Walter’s umbilical cord?

And if Frank could see the handprints on the wall, then maybe that’s why he’s shaking his head after looking at the wall – he might have attempted to scrub off the hand prints multiple times before giving up. But, you can’t scrub off what doesn’t exist in reality in the first place; just like how people under hallucination scrub their hands so furiously to try and get off dirt that exists in their reality, but not in the real-world-reality, that they end up bleeding themselves while the imagined dirt is still there.

This is an awesome thread and a good reason why I love browsing forums here.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img376.imageshack.us/img376/6124/maiwaifuit1.jpg[/img][/url]
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

The handprints isn't in reality. Like Walter, when you see him outside your apartment, isn't in reality either... you have to understand that the layers are there... and that your apartment is a place that lies in between. You see things from both sides.

And the scene with him shaking his head twords the wall, doesn't exist.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Like Walter, when you see him outside your apartment, isn't in reality either.
Without evidence. I still maintain that Walter's ghost is in reality & there's nothing to dispute this--the game & documents have proven, time & again, that Walter can freely traverse between realities.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

St. Thomas wrote:>Like Walter, when you see him outside your apartment, isn't in reality either.
Without evidence. I still maintain that Walter's ghost is in reality & there's nothing to dispute this--the game & documents have proven, time & again, that Walter can freely traverse between realities.
I have talked about this before and you have read it, so you should know what I backed it up with.

Point out the documents please...
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0ZO3_UaUJs&fmt=22][img]http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/4855/psalm21banner.jpg[/img][/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

And I've elucidated why as well: Do your own research.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Glazarus

Post by Glazarus »

St. Thomas wrote:And I've elucidated why as well: Do your own research.
Lol, you can't even point to which document it is. I have been away from these theory talk threads so if I missed something, tell me.
Don't act like an ass.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

"Don't act like an ass."

Pot. Kettle. Black.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
jason-lives
Just Passing Through

Post by jason-lives »

woow i have neven seen at the game like that before.
now it make more sence.
the fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

>Like Walter, when you see him outside your apartment, isn't in reality either.
Not to sound simple minded here...as i have read this whole thread and others....but if Walter's Ghost is in reality and dug up his body...put it in 302 in the secret storage room, etc.... how is this possible???

A "GHOST" would not be able to do these things in REALITY because it has no physical body, right???

I might be siding "A LITTLE" with Glazarus here. If the apartment is SIMPLY put.... reality, then why are you able to bring objects in Walter's Dream world to the so-called REAL apartment? (you know...the things inm your storage chest) And what about the chains on the door? Did the ghost Walter do that too?

The rest of the series seems to deal with being stuck in another dimension....why not this one????

Why the hauntings???

Maybe the squirmies on the bloody walls of the apartments show us the last barrier of this world??? and you can't get out until it is destroyed via the good endings???

I think we will get more answers with future games in the series....
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Actually, you can get all those answers in the game itself if you pay attention -_-

>Not to sound simple minded here...as i have read this whole thread and others....but if Walter's Ghost is in reality and dug up his body...put it in 302 in the secret storage room, etc.... how is this possible???

Poltergeists can pick stuff up without having bodies. Same idea here.

>I might be siding "A LITTLE" with Glazarus here. If the apartment is SIMPLY put.... reality, then why are you able to bring objects in Walter's Dream world to the so-called REAL apartment? (you know...the things inm your storage chest) And what about the chains on the door? Did the ghost Walter do that too?

The apartment isn't in reality. Atleast not fully. It's kind've like an intersection, like how Foggy Silent Hill is the blur between reality and the Otherworld.

>The rest of the series seems to deal with being stuck in another dimension....why not this one????

It IS.

>Why the hauntings???

Because there's ghosts.

>
Maybe the squirmies on the bloody walls of the apartments show us the last barrier of this world??? and you can't get out until it is destroyed via the good endings???

No, they're just squirmies.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
TerryRed
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TerryRed »

>I might be siding "A LITTLE" with Glazarus here. If the apartment is SIMPLY put.... reality, then why are you able to bring objects in Walter's Dream world to the so-called REAL apartment? (you know...the things inm your storage chest) And what about the chains on the door? Did the ghost Walter do that too?

The apartment isn't in reality. Atleast not fully. It's kind've like an intersection, like how Foggy Silent Hill is the blur between reality and the Otherworld.
This is what i believe... but it seems whenever Glazarus brought this idea up... he was constantly being shot down for thinking this...sort of...

I mean isn't that what you were trying to say ST. Thomas? That the Apartment IS in REALITY??? Plain and simple? And only by going to sleep (entering the holes) that you enters Walter's World. When you wake up...you are back in reality? So are the holes are physically there? Please explain if I'm wrong....

When you get the Bad + ending, AFTER Walter's World is destroyed... you WAKE UP on your bed. You don't come back through the portal in the room where the cross is.... Shouldn't Henry be falling asleep first, EVERYTIME he goes into Walter's World through the holes?

I'm starting to think that Henry is asleep through the whole game except for the end???

HELP!....I'm just a ST. Thomas/Glazarus/Krist/etc... wannabe. I just don't get as much time with little ones and all. I've played each game at least twice...but my percptions change sometimes.... I guess i have to think out of the box a little for this game as compared to the others...(IE. ghost, poltergeists)

Thanks for your response AT....