DO YOU THINK IT CAN DO BETTER?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

DO YOU THINK IT CAN DO BETTER?

Post by Anonymous »

I Loved the story in the game. you get stuck in your appartment and go through a hole. But I think it could do better. it look like it was rushed kind of but . But the puzzles were too easy you didnt have to think at all. for example when your in the hospital and you go into the room where the key to Eileens room is you take the key and a big cage drops on you. the only way to get out is by unlocking it with the key you got. I would have thought you had to somehow make a another key to replace the key you took or something thing. I like when you used the flash light to see in the dark and stuff. I like the game and all but i thought they could of done better it wasnt there best work. what do you guys think?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It WAS rushed. They COULD have done better. But it's an alright game regardless.
Scarlet
Historical Society Historian

Post by Scarlet »

They could have done it WAY better. I know that most of you did like this game... for me it's just useless. I keep trying to play it but I get bored (and this never happened to me).
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>It WAS rushed.
It was in production since Silent Hill 2. It took longer to develop than Silent Hill 3. How the hell is it rushed when it took even longer to make?
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Are you very sure about that? I hear in many, many places that the release was rushed. In many ways it would seem it, too. I still like the game.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'm positive.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Then i find it intriguing that the game didn't turn out better, there are a few reasons which would indicate it was a bit half-heartedly done.
supapeaches
Just Passing Through

Post by supapeaches »

Actaully, it wasn't even suppose to be a Silent Hill game. (that explains the loss of the flashlight and handy radio) It wasn't until after pre-production that Konomi decided to add it to their long running silent hill franchise. Watch about it here:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php? ... 2&type=wmv

It's a really nice retrospective.
[img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/4189/siglolol2jz.png[/img]
Dunkel_Teufel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dunkel_Teufel »

but still it is a great Silent Hill!
[img]http://www.geocities.com/ordocornixumbra/sigdunkel.jpg[/img]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

> it wasn't even suppose to be a Silent Hill game.
Doesn't matter: it was still in development since before Silent Hill 3.

>(that explains the loss of the flashlight and handy radio)
The radio is in the game.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Scarlet

Post by Scarlet »

Cool report. Thanks for sharing.
Cherry Bomb

Post by Cherry Bomb »

St. Thomas wrote:The radio is in the game.
Is it? Or are we talking about that crappy and almost entirely pointless tape deck in the living room?
Vixo
Just Passing Through

Post by Vixo »

You hear noises when monsters are around (especially that awful vacuum cleaner noise with the ghosts, urgh). That'd lead me to believe there's a radio.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Or are we talking about that crappy and almost entirely pointless tape deck in the living room?
In the first three games the radio is used to indicate when a monster is around; in The Room, the radio is used to inform Henry of the world outside of his apartment. Silent Hill 3's radio was obfuscated by the music anyway, and thusly totally useless, but at least in The Room it had a practical purpose.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Also, doesn't Henry's radio emit static to let you know there's a haunting in the apartment?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

yeah,

In the first halñf of the game your stereos just talks about births at the zoo and old men orinating in the public space but then if turn off your stereo and it has static you can be sure that is a haunting in your room... After exorcise it the radio will be silent although be on...