big headed woman

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

hummer
Just Passing Through

Post by hummer »

when you hit the big head with an axe blood comes out for no reason
why?
http://www.oldmanchimesfilms.com
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It bleeds because you touch yourself at night.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
hummer
Just Passing Through

Post by hummer »

oh right it all makes sence now
http://www.oldmanchimesfilms.com
Avianna
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Avianna »

Once again, I haven't finished the game. (Getting there) But the first time I went there I was under the impression that some of the rooms, including that one, make up different rooms of Walter's mind.

I was also under the impression that Henry really doesn't spy on her sexually, more so that he has a hole there from when someone tried to tunnel out and uses that as his only escape from the 'cursed room.' I don't think he used the room to spy on her while she was taking her clothes off... :roll:
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Krist. wrote:It doesn't, really. That Freud stuff either confuses me or makes me chuckle.
freud is so full of shit his work is well dated i cant stand the guy and yes i agree he makes me chuckle as well
Cybil Bennett
Just Passing Through

Post by Cybil Bennett »

All I know is that when I first played this game It was night I was alone in my room with the light turned off and I screamed bloody murder. My mom came in to check on me :oops: . I love horror suspence games but this was not my idea of scary fun. I don't know why but the whole thing creeps me out. I know being a vetran of horror movies and games I should be laughing right along with this but I'd rather be going to sleep cluching Robbie the bloody pink bunny like a little child sleeping with a teddy bear.
But now reading all the other replies to this post I will have to agree that the room has to deal with pain on more than one level. One being the physical pain of possible S and M but also the pain of some person watching this act of you in pain and feeling degrated and so on.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

what ever it means it scared the shit of of me, i all most dropped my controller when i ran into that room
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

I don't think if the head means anything that it means Hengry's guilty of spying on Eileen because after the first time he discoveres the hole it is then the player who is spying on Eileen not Hengry himself. I don't think the head really means anything as been stated before its a what the hell moment.
Love Replica
Just Passing Through

Post by Love Replica »

It can mean a lot of things, I remembered reagin a theory about this.

Also if you turn up the volume, you can hear her moan, or as they say, having orgasm

But I really have no idea what it means... either way its a huge symbol of sometihng
[i]"I want the meaning of my life, Do I try to Live? Do I try to Love?"[/i] - Art Of Life
Silent Milance
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Milance »

I was cinfused and terrified when I first saw that giant head. But now, I think it represents Henry's obssesion with Eileen. The whole hospital world is about Eileen anyway. Although, we are in Walter's and not Henry's world...
You've seen that horrible world, as well...
idoless
Just Passing Through

Post by idoless »

I think that it is symbolic of Henry spying on Eileen through the peephole also. That room allows for Eileen to now spy on him. If you run up to the face the eyes wiggle and follow you. If you run up to the center of her face she goes almost cross eyed, watching you lol. As for the moaning? Not quite sure.. :?
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/xidolessxv/Idoless.png[/img]
Mega props to oraski for this sig!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

its just there to scare you
idoless
Just Passing Through

Post by idoless »

I think it means more then that, because for me personally it didn't scare me it just kinda made me go "huh. thats kinda funny". So i figured there's more to it then it just trying to "scare you".
[img]http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j232/xidolessxv/Idoless.png[/img]
Mega props to oraski for this sig!
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i agree- freud is extremely over-rated as a phsycologist. many, many people could come out with the same things he has. and the fact that he was sexually abused by his mother at 15 , says alot about his theories . i mean, respect enough, he had some good ideas, but this game is not freud- based. it is based around fear, mythology, tragedy and the unknown . i belive, that eileen was to some a extend an infatuation of henrys, yet only in his situation. he is not, from our knowledge very perverted . he is alone, in a devastating situation, to be honest id watch her aswel, he isnt watching her for some seedy longing, and it isnt a real fetish. i THINK its the closeness. i know id watch her , to feel some sense of reality, to see a human, a hope and at the same time to watch how she , too is being affected by the events going on. its key to the story and atmosphere. just my opinion, of course.
in question to her relavense, id agree partially with the mother idea.
ta xx
pink_isnt_well000
Historical Society Historian

Post by pink_isnt_well000 »

Psychologist you mean. Why is Freud over-rated? Just because his ideas were kinda out there...he still came up with some very insightful theories. At least he had the balls to put what he believed out there....
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

Mostly because he had no evidence. I wouldn't say that makes him totally discredited as such, because Psychodynamic therapy has worked in the past, and his ideas seem to make alot of sense... but it in modern psychology, which tries to be as much like a true science as it can and thus relies of proof, Freud is kind-of left on the weyside.

I agree with ZOMBIE guy, the head was there to scare, end-of.
[img]http://img518.imageshack.us/img518/2075/resizedsigsg4.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

who thinks the hospital world has creepy rooms
- i found a room with someone hanging themself
and a room with sticky stuff on the ground
and a room with a spike thing coming allmost to the ground (that scared me so much!)
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The head is not just there to scare you. I really don't know what it represents.. but i do know from my Silent Hill experiences and my Silent Hill research that almost everything in Silent Hill can have a deeper meaning than you think.
Neelys Bar
Just Passing Through

Post by Neelys Bar »

Avianna wrote:Once again, I haven't finished the game. (Getting there) But the first time I went there I was under the impression that some of the rooms, including that one, make up different rooms of Walter's mind.

I was also under the impression that Henry really doesn't spy on her sexually, more so that he has a hole there from when someone tried to tunnel out and uses that as his only escape from the 'cursed room.' I don't think he used the room to spy on her while she was taking her clothes off... :roll:
True, he didn't do anything like that in the game, but I think that the point is that he could do that if he wanted to and he feels guilty about it. Henry definantly has supressed feelings for Eileen, which is why he is so quick to help her and why he is so distraught when she is injured. I don't think Henry is a creepy guy, he is just reaching out to sombody special to him, Eileen.
-N.B.

"I'll be wating for you at the Bar Neely's."- Note found in motor home
Pissant_Partisan
Gravedigger

Post by Pissant_Partisan »

Neely's Bar wrote:
Avianna wrote:Once again, I haven't finished the game. (Getting there) But the first time I went there I was under the impression that some of the rooms, including that one, make up different rooms of Walter's mind.

True, he didn't do anything like that in the game, but I think that the point is that he could do that if he wanted to and he feels guilty about it. Henry definantly has supressed feelings for Eileen, which is why he is so quick to help her and why he is so distraught when she is injured. I don't think Henry is a creepy guy, he is just reaching out to sombody special to him, Eileen.
Does he, or do you have surpressed feelings for Eileen? I think that one's more likely. If Konami did this deliberately so it played on the fantasies of nerds, they really are very clever. :D