You know what I think would've made the last half better?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Jigsaws apprentice
Just Passing Through

Re: You know what I think would've made the last half better

Post by Jigsaws apprentice »

I think that in the second half things would have been better if the worlds were different, like same locations, but maybe visit different area's while visiting some of the old places. Also a lil more F'cked up, more hellish.

Also overall give Henry a personality!!! for me it was one of the only problems with the game. You really didnt care about him. I cared more about Eileen and getting her through.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

alone in the town wrote:I think the game makes it quite clear what made Walter the man he turned out to be.
I don't feel like they made it completely obvious. You had to read into some of the stuff. More what I meant was... I guess I just wanted more examples of how messed up his childhood was.

alone in the town wrote:As for the rest, well, I think we know enough about them. We are given only basic information about Henry, for example, because anything extra would be useless, since none of it was important to what was going on.
I wouldn't find it useless at all. One of my favorite parts about games, movies, books and such is getting into the characters heads and finding out as much as I can about them. Must just be me.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
Miette
Just Passing Through

Post by Miette »

Jigsaws apprentice wrote:Also overall give Henry a personality!!! for me it was one of the only problems with the game. You really didnt care about him. I cared more about Eileen and getting her through.
Haha, I completely agree with you. It's bad when the secondary character has more personality than the protagonist. Henry seemed so detached from everything, and always looked confused or completely blank.
If the children don't grow up, our bodies get bigger but our hearts get torn up.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Henry is a secondary character. his personality is the least important of all the characters in the game.

As for the second half of the game. I think I must be one of the few fans (or perhaps the only fan) who actually had no problem whatsoever with the second half of the game. I liked the idea that you had to head through the levels again, facing each person you met the first time through but this time as ghosts, and with the added challenge of dragging Eileen and running the hell away from Walter.

It's clearly designed so that the first time through you are able to get your bearings in each world, preparing you for the latter half of the game where you have to rush through them in order to avoid Walter and get Eileen through unhurt.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
kumiko
Gravedigger

Post by kumiko »

whoever said make the 2nd half different so its not repetitive I agree with this, as much as I love this installment it is tedious in the later half
Youma Taisan!