Favorite world?

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

What is your favorite world?

Subway world/Subway world 2nd time
2%
Forest World/Forest world 2nd time
2%
Water prison world/Water prison world 2nd time
22%
Building world/Building world 2nd time
15%
Apartment world/Apartment world 2nd time
24%
Hospital world
15%
All of them
4%
None
2%
Just the 2nd time worlds
2%
Just the first time worlds
11%

Total votes: 46

Evil Rage42
Just Passing Through

Favorite world?

Post by Evil Rage42 »

I checked everywhere and I couldn't find this anywhere, what is your favorite world? Mine is Building world, first and 2nd time. I like beating the crap out of those monkey creatures. And in the 2nd time, i like the wheelchairs. Whats yours?
Last edited by Evil Rage42 on 08 Aug 2010, edited 1 time in total.
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Re: Favorite world?

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Mine is the hospital world the eileen head room was creepy as hell, and the nurse looked pretty damn weird, even thought the sounds they made were stupid. I also liked the apartment itself(when your in first person view) it had some pretty creepy hauntings.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Yes but WHY is it your favorite world? I don't mean to get on your hide, OP, but if you create a new topic you should also probably generate an actual discussion. Listing things like this kinda strays more towards hit-and-run topic territories, which this forum by and large frowns upon.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

My personal favourite is the hospital world purely because of the freaky wheelchairs that would roll right at you and were hard to avoid.
Skylerness
Just Passing Through

Post by Skylerness »

I like the Apartment World the second time, it was just so creepy! I couldn't stand the Building World. ;P
What the hell?
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Also does the actual apartment count as a world? I'm talking about when you're in first person view.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Kind of a tough question, but probably Forest World. I just like the atmosphere when walking through that environment, and I enjoy looking out at Toluca Lake. I also find the 'puzzles' there to be pretty cool- the doll, and the key that keeps you from proceeding until you figure out what to do with it.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

My fav was the Building World, both times. Each had their special qualities but the Building World had that claustrophobic urban vibe and had a lot of neat and disturbing moments, such as the pet store massacre, the part where you walk on the ceiling, etc. I especially loved this one frantic moment I had running up the long staircase before you find Richard and this one ghost was following me up the entire way and was gradually getting closer. It had me on edge the entire time and I loved it lol It also had the creepiest Victim, even though I ended up stabbing him into the floor from the get-go since I had a sword saved up but he was still creepy nonetheless.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

I voted for the Building World. The Apartment World comes a close second. I like how the Building World looked. It had a post-apocalyptic feel about it, not to mention how desolate it was. The fact that it was an empty place that should be filled with people and business is what made it so eerie.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

As I've stated elsewhere on the forum, the Hospital is my fav place because it is so unstable. The room move around on the 2nd floor so even after your 50th time playing, you're still uneasy about opening the doors because you don't know what, for sure room you're walking in to. The only thing I do not like about this world is the wheelchairs. D :
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^ I thought the hospital was pretty creepy too. But is it weird that i found the wheelchairs to be funny yet creepy at the same time?
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

No. I feel the same way. They are more a nuisance than a dangerous threat. Plus, it is always funny for me to see Henry get mowed down by, you know, a haunted wheelchair. But it is still creepy because they are not real so you can't take them down. You can hit them all you want and it accomplishes nothing.

BTW
Fantastic sig. No one puts it down like Samuel L.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I liked Subway :)
The Wanderer
Just Passing Through

Post by The Wanderer »

I liked both the subway and the forest world. I love the atmosphere for both.
Goodnight

Post by Goodnight »

Mine is Apartment World. It would have been the hospital (because it's creepy and also you only have to play it once), but those burping 'nurses' are vile and the wheelchairs are annoying as hell. I like Apartment World, it has interesting scenes, ghosts and tidbits.
Uyrikeustek
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Uyrikeustek »

Gonna have to say the water prison because it was really cool how it was constructed and I always laughed at how Henry can jump down the holes, but land just next to the one below, like he jumped down and something like gravity pulled him to the side. I loved the stairs on the outside too, they looked really cool. The only thing I didn't like was that you (at least me) can get lost easily.
"What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof." ~ Christopher Hitchens R.I.P.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

I liked the apartment world the most. Every room had a personality (well, most.) and it was just surreal. Especially the second time when Henry finally opens his door.

The forest was pretty cool too though. Really liked the atmosphere of it.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

The enemies in the hospital sucked (wheelchairs and burping nurses? seriously?), but the world itself is my favorite. I love all of the different rooms that all have their own crazy thing going on. It's very unsettling.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Apartment world gets my vote!

It just really feels like Silent Hill to me. I still can't ever get over how creepy the world gets. You really start to see Walter's being in the game unravels as you explore the different rooms and lifestyles of the other characters. Almost gave me the feeling of SH2! :mrgreen:

Second place would have to be Forest World Revisited. I LOVE the eerie noises and actually being outside!
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Water Prison world and Apartment world...i just like the design of the water prison, the way you checked in on the rooms gave you a sense of how the children were being watched and abused...the overall design was different from traditional levels that you see in other horror games and within the SH series itself.

Apartment world just felt intense and unstable throughout the whole level...the tight corridors and rooms held some disturbing imagery and i liked the somewhat red and rusty look of it....building world comes very close to this one tho since the two are somewhat similar.

I really didn't like forest world tho, it didn't feel like you were walking through a true forest at all....when they first announced they were creating it, i thought it was going to be an incredibly dark and terrorfying experience walking through thick schrubs and brush barely able to see anything...what we got was something that felt like "boxed" levels....a huge opportunity was missed there....it was unusually bright within the area as well...i just felt they could've created something really intense there....that forest level was kinda weak.