NEW SH4 JAPANESE VERSION

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Who knows? Maybe XD
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Burning Man
Historical Society Historian

Post by Burning Man »

It says right below the cover shot that its content is exactly same as the one released on June 17, 2004.
© 2003-2022 Burning Man.
The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of www.silenthillforum.com.
Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited.
Manic_Relapse
Just Passing Through

Post by Manic_Relapse »

I hope it has some sort of extras like the greatest hits version of SH2.
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/Creeping_Deth1/Niho-sig-1.jpg[/img]
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

You should read Burning Man's post, I think.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Manic_Relapse
Just Passing Through

Post by Manic_Relapse »

Totally missed that. lol
[img]http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h185/Creeping_Deth1/Niho-sig-1.jpg[/img]
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

So? Nothing new? This sucks. . . Wonder why they're releasing that with no new content. . . ?
Emzo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Emzo »

Hmmm, so just cheaper?
Well, not too bad XD
~| I've Come to Change the Order |~
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

Mephisto wrote:So? Nothing new? This sucks. . . Wonder why they're releasing that with no new content. . . ?
They've re-released 1-3 in Japan as budget titles (http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-77-l-49-en-15-silent+hill-70-lm7.html) I know SH1 has had like at least 2 different re-releases so I assume they just wanted to continue the tradition with the newer games?
My Websites!
Image Image Image
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

So what I'm getting from this is that their re-releasing SH4 with no new content and cheaper that...That's just messed up...
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
ginjajacob
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by ginjajacob »

Emzo wrote:That's true, that's £12 something over here.
Perhaps the re-release is just promotional?
They have done the same with silent hill 2 and 3. It is the Japanese equivalent of "Platinum". Nothing will be new or changed. Its mental how people still buy ps2 games here, its pretty cool that videogame stores still deal in nes/snes games. Japan is pretty awesome.
Son_of_Kauffman
Gravedigger

Post by Son_of_Kauffman »

carneeval wrote:So what I'm getting from this is that their re-releasing SH4 with no new content and cheaper that...That's just messed up...
I agree, it makes little sense. It looks like they found some old games in a warehouse, and they just repackaged it and rereleased it. Kinda late in my opinion.
Spetsnaz of the Interior Troops of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia
Spetsnaz sil Vnutrenniye Voiska Ministerstva Vnutrennikh Del

http://egan.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/20/california-will-survive-its-crackup/?ref=opinion

Think of Italy — which reminds me of California in so many ways — and its chronic inability to form a government. That’s California, with even better food and no parliamentary system.
....somewhere in Italy a contract was put out on the life of the article's author.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I can't believe people expect them to re-release a game from 2004 - that is, before we even had DLC for consoles - with extra content.

Also, Japan's been doing this for YEARS.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

One thing confusing me is SH4 is the most complained about game in the series. Supposedly game creators go on forums like these to find out the mistakes made for later release, than again Team Silent is over so there really is little chance of that unless another Team gets a hold of it like SH1. But if anyone else is like me and completely not looking forward to Shattered Memories then who knows what another Team would do with it...
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
dezfez
Just Passing Through

Post by dezfez »

carneeval wrote:One thing confusing me is SH4 is the most complained about game in the series. Supposedly game creators go on forums like these to find out the mistakes made for later release, than again Team Silent is over so there really is little chance of that unless another Team gets a hold of it like SH1. But if anyone else is like me and completely not looking forward to Shattered Memories then who knows what another Team would do with it...
You're not the only person *not* looking forward to shattered memories. May we both dodge rotten tomatoes, torches, and pitchforks together!

Though to be honest, SH4 grew on me. It's not perfect, but overall I like it. [I still think a lot of beef I had was because my game is CURSED. I get VERY bad glitches that made the game 8 bajillion times harder than it ever needed to be. I swear D: ] As to why it's re-released in Japan? I dunno... anniversary maybe? Konami simply wanting to make more money? Maybe this version fixed up some glitches so it runs a bit smoother? Who knows, though I think someone else mentioned this is similar to "greatest Hits" or "platinum Hits" we folks do in the west... so yeah D: