Reciever of Wisdom

Henry's locked in his apartment and can't get out. Bless.

Moderator: Moderators

Red Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Reciever of Wisdom

Post by Red Pyramid »

Walter was raised and educated by the Silent Hill cult that was obsessed with the return of the Holy Mother. The 21 sacraments, at least as far as I can tell, are a ritual to ressurect the Holy Mother (the Crimson Tome says this, I believe), and I'm pretty sure Walter ressurects the Holy Mother thinking it refers to his mother specificly. Anyways, if the 21 Sacraments are a ritual to revive the Holy Mother, is it possible that Henry, or moreover, a Reciever of Wisdom in general, is some sort of safeguard against this ritual being completed? After all, Henry alone is capable of free-will transportation between his world and Walter's world through the holes, and Henry succeeds in defending himself and finding weapons such as the saint medallions and holy candles to protect his apartment from Walter. It could be that the Reciever of Wisdom is the last defense against the ressurection of the Holy Mother (She's referred to as a god throughout the series but the Crimson Tome calls her a devil, which seems to be more accurate). In that case, Walter has to kill Henry or else Henry will be able to disrupt the ritual and kill Walter. So speaking generally, if anybody was to perform the 21 Sacraments, their 21st sacrament, the reciever of wisdom, would also, like Henry, be able to invade the world they created with their own Holy Assumption and ultimately destroy it.

Also I've thought Room 302 somehow empowers its inhabitants to defeat Walter. After all, Henry has only one ally throughout the entire game, and that is the room's former inhabitant, Joseph Schrieber. Or, maybe it's just Henry's fate that he moved to room 302 because Joseph's wisdom had to be...well, recieved. And he was the lucky guy.

So what do you all think? Am I insane in the membrane?
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

The 21 Sacraments need the reciever of wisdom. That's exactly why you find all of the weapons, so you can make it to the end where Walter can use you.
[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/sven14/Sigs/26ac0108.gif[/img]
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I don't think the room really took any sides as far as helping Henry or trying to stop him goes, but if it had to be one it would most likely be the latter. Regardlesds, it was neutral--it was just there.

The Receiver of Wisdom is needed FOR the 21 Sacraments ritual--hence Henry being #21. If he was used in the ritual to stop that very same ritual.. that makes no sense.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Red Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Pyramid »

I was thinking more along the lines of if he isn't killed he'll destroy the ritual, which he does, and anyways how does one "use" one of the Sacraments besides killing it?
I'm just a drifter working for a fistful of SH Cash.
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

Well in the "21 Sacraments" ending the ritual is complete. We never find out what happened to Henry though.
Red Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Pyramid »

His body was found in the woods and he was completely deformed.

Erego, he teased a bear.
Loveless_Dogg

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

Red Pyramid wrote:His body was found in the woods and he was completely deformed.

Erego, he teased a bear.
Not in the Woods, in his apartment and not completely deformed, just his face was "disfigured beyond recognition".
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
Red Pyramid
Just Passing Through

Post by Red Pyramid »

It's been a while since I actually played, so sorry about misinformations. The main reason I put this up was so that one of you smarties could show me some file in the game that said "Oh yeah, and the 21st Sacrament isn't in fact a safeguard against the ritual for some reason or another."

Anyways, so they found him in his apartment with his face disfigured.

He teased the garbage disposal. Duh.
FBA 6100
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by FBA 6100 »

"Oh yeah, and the 21st Sacrament isn't in fact a safeguard against the ritual for some reason or another."

It's not said, but is pretty obvious. Why would you have a safeguard that tries to stop the ritual when you want the ritual to continue?
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Red Pyramid wrote: and anyways how does one "use" one of the Sacraments besides killing it?
They are sacrifices needed for the Ascension of the Holy Mother--their deaths have a more important role that just tallies on Walter's scorecard (or handprints on the apartment hallway wall). It's never said what actual play by play use each Sacrament is used for but one can easily deduce that their souls become property of Walter's, hence why the previous Sacraments are all trapped in his Kingdom. I'm guessing that the combination of their ritualistic murders used in honour of the Holy Mother are what bring about Her Ascension. Or something. I don't know this occult shit, I only play games.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It is Eileen who is found in the woods, along with the bodies of previous sacraments, suffering from severe injuries. She is rushed to St. Jerome's where, depending on your ending, she dies as a result of her injuries or is resuscitated and later recovers.

My only question is how she gets from St. Jerome's to the woods anyway - isn't she supposed to be unconscious in a hospital bed the whole time? Or have I read things wrong?
boblecon1096
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by boblecon1096 »

Watchdog wrote:It is Eileen who is found in the woods, along with the bodies of previous sacraments, suffering from severe injuries. She is rushed to St. Jerome's where, depending on your ending, she dies as a result of her injuries or is resuscitated and later recovers.

My only question is how she gets from St. Jerome's to the woods anyway - isn't she supposed to be unconscious in a hospital bed the whole time? Or have I read things wrong?

I don't remember someone talking about Eileen being found in the woods in any of the endings. She was taken from room 303 to the hospital.