James and Mary Cast for RTSH

Everything we know so far about Gans second visit to Silent Hill.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

James and Mary Cast for RTSH

Post by Droo »

https://www.ign.com/articles/return-to- ... next-month

Can't say I'm familiar with either of them. Anyone seen anything they've been in to comment if they're good or not?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: James and Mary Cast for RTSH

Post by KiramidHead »

Irvine was good in War Horse. I've seen Dark Phoenix, but I don't think Anderson was in it long enough to leave an impression.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Gans might simply be avoiding major stars, or the plan is similar to get a recognizable name later for a supporting role, like it was for Sean Bean and Carrie Ann Moss. Most studios insist on this. It's some name brand recognition at lesser expense when they don't have to put in as much as the lead roles. Guess we'll find out when more of the cast is revealed and who happens to be spotted flying to Germany.

Shooting in April makes this officially underway! It'll probably be a year away until we see it completed, but I'm guessing they are aiming for release in Fall 2024. Konami might also announce the official SH2 Remake release date for around then as well. Very likely there will be co-marketing.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I was never expecting any bigger stars considering the smaller budgets that studios work around nowadays for these kind of projects. With no chances of recouping budgets with DVD and Bluray sales, a movie that got a 50 million budget 20 years ago will now get less than 10 million. It’s just the way it is.

That being said, I’m not concerned about the actors, I think they’ll do a good job. I’m concerned about the budget being an obstacle in terms of visuals and production quality.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Shooting in Germany and Eastern Europe outside of landmark locations is certainly cheaper. It's usually a language barrier and lack of a working relationship network that makes it more difficult, but this is Gans' backyard, so he has the experience.

Europe has good VFX houses and artists too. Gans also leans more practical, so I think it'll be fine. Many smaller film productions have good work lately, so it's down to proper planning and time and vision, versus the bloated budgets and reshoot and recut rinse repeat because test audience score systems and rushed scheduling silliness of AAA Hollywood production committees who really need it out in China for Labour Day.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

POOF.

I did not expect Sean Benn to go in seach of Rahda Mitchell but the confirmation is still a downer.
Mike Enslin
Just Passing Through

Post by Mike Enslin »

Some behind the scenes stuff.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqLVBrWtFWy/?hl=en

Droo

Post by Droo »

Is the blonde lady in the background of the second picture our Maria?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"