Extra Content Yay/Nay/What?

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

WhiteHarbor
Just Passing Through

Extra Content Yay/Nay/What?

Post by WhiteHarbor »

A lot of us want them to not touch or change anything in the actual game other than graphics and music... But for theories sake, let's walk into yes territory.

If they are definitely going to add something new to the game. What is your number one biggest wish on your list?

Only ONE.
Formerly known as MrCaliche
Writer of Silent Hill: Memories of Age
Now publishing a horror serial per chapters named "White Harbor" inspired by Silent Hill, HP Lovecraft and Stephen King: https://www.patreon.com/WhiteHarbor
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: Extra Content Yay/Nay/What?

Post by Jonipoon »

Extra outfits.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

WhiteHarbor wrote: 23 Oct 2022 A lot of us want them to not touch or change anything in the actual game other than graphics and music... But for theories sake, let's walk into yes territory.

If they are definitely going to add something new to the game. What is your number one biggest wish on your list?

Only ONE.
Music is one of the things don't want them to touch! But I'd happily take some side content, like Downpour, and the ability to enter more buildings in and around town. Nothing to change the main story, but some additionally stapled onto the sides could be awesome.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Agree with Vixx. I would love some Downpour-style side questing. Some of those side quests were super cool and the additional exploration really reminded me of the first game with the optional buildings you could enter.
aj4x94
Historical Society Historian

Post by aj4x94 »

Controversial pick, but I would like some extra scenarios where you play as Angela and Eddie.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
Chris Sunderland

Post by Chris Sunderland »

Vixx wrote: 23 Oct 2022
WhiteHarbor wrote: 23 Oct 2022 A lot of us want them to not touch or change anything in the actual game other than graphics and music... But for theories sake, let's walk into yes territory.

Only ONE.
Music is one of the things don't want them to touch! But I'd happily take some side content, like Downpour, and the ability to enter more buildings in and around town. Nothing to change the main story, but some additionally stapled onto the sides could be awesome.
I'm all about more exploration. Back when the first two Silent Hills were way ahead of their time with the faux open town and small, yet decent amount of buildings to explore. Now 90% of games are open world so I feel adding more places to explore is necessary to add to the feel of the "abandoned" town. Side missions I'm not sure about. Like I think fianding notes leading to items/lore is fine but adding new characters disturbs the small cast. I would be fine with stumbling upon Eddy or Angela in town doing whatever they are doing creating new optional encounters. Similar to finding Kauffman in SH1.
Q
[img]http://i35.tinypic.com/2iqehhj.jpg[/img]
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

aj4x94 wrote: 23 Oct 2022 Controversial pick, but I would like some extra scenarios where you play as Angela and Eddie.
Not controversial for me. Would LOVE to see what Silent Hill looks like to both of them!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Droo

Post by Droo »

aj4x94 wrote: 23 Oct 2022 Controversial pick, but I would like some extra scenarios where you play as Angela and Eddie.
I was thinking the same thing. Occasional moments when the perspective shifts to Eddie, Angela, Laura and Maria to show what they're going through at different times in James' journey.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I wouldn't trust Bloober Team with coming up with new storylines surrounding the trauma and mental health of Eddie and Angela.... They have a terrible track record.

As long as they stay 99,99% true to the source material from Silent Hill 2, everything should be fine.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Do we know who the scenario writer is going to be? I don't think we know if Bloober is actually writing it.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Do we know who the scenario writer is going to be? I don't think we know if Bloober is actually writing it.<
Based on the trailer, it seems Bloober is just tweaking the original script slightly, which I'm fine with. I'm curious how they'll handle the internal monologue of James, though.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

I'm hoping there are fewer jammed or broken doors and that we can explore a lot more, even if it's just a room with some supplies or enemies. As much as I'd like for Eddie, Angela, and Laura's stories to be expanded, I'm wary of who would be writing that since they seem to be sticking to the original script in the trailer. However, part of the initial leak involving the remake mentioned new endings and puzzles (not sure if Bloober themselves or any new articles confirmed this or not), so presumably there are definitely going to be some new additions. Then there was that other journalist who reported that Konami was keeping Bloober on a "short leash" when it comes to adding new content, so that could mean anything new would be minimal.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

Has there been any talk about Born From A Wish? If the remake ends up being good, then I'd love to see my favorite morose sub-scenario get some love.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

While I'd love to see Born From A Wish included in the base game that feels like the perfect opportunity for them to do DLC.
MistahJ
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by MistahJ »

I think they mentioned Maria's revolver from Born From A Wish when talking about the figurine they were selling, which seems to be based off the remake, so I think the sub scenario will be available somehow.
"The truth is rarely pure and never simple" - Oscar Wilde

(somethinglacking on Discord)
TheLooongMessage
Just Passing Through

Post by TheLooongMessage »

Yeah I'm pretty sure we're getting that as DLC. A great thing too would be to give the game more replayability with more interesting weapons like SH3 did, alternate outfits and such.
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

I wouldn't be opposed to Born From A Wish getting a major revamp, I find it a bit dull as it is.
jthomp1286
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by jthomp1286 »

100%. I'd love to see more of their story and what they see.
Under the burning sun I take a look around
Imagine if this all came down
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If anything, I'd just like to see them arriving in town, not exploring it. Like, start Angela's scenario running out of her murder house, or Eddie hopping in his murder van and peeling out, and then ending, like Maria's scenario, when they arrive in Silent Hill.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I'd like a couple of new monster types for the back half of the game, so it's not just all Lying Figures and Mannakins.