It’s happening…

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

WaffleMaker
Just Passing Through

It’s happening…

Post by WaffleMaker »

Worried that it’ll be too on the nose like all of the Western titles. Looks somewhat promising though.
“Procrastination is an invitation to death.” Rheaunalt Lensenbrink
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: It’s happening…

Post by leftshoe18 »

It looks like they're trying to closely replicate the original game's cutscenes (or at least what's shown in the trailer). I'm hoping that means they won't alter much on the story front.
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

I like what I've seen so far, aside from the deep wrinkles on James' mouth. He looks too old.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

Surprised (and happy) to see that they kept the classic outfits intact. I thought they were going to go the Resident Evil remake route and modernize the outfits to be more "up to date".
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

The teaser is probably just conceptual and early, but hopefully the modernizing trend of SWEEPING NEW EXTREME CAMERA ANGLES is just my false early impression.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

Looks pretty good and pretty close to SH2 so far in my opinion.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

On my way home to watch the trailer but for now I'll just say I'm happy that they chose Bloober for this (even better that they brought Ito and Yamaoka on board). I see reception towards them is pretty mixed but I really loved Blair Witch.
We are still here...
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. Even if I don't think SH2 needed the remake treatment over the other games, I'm just so fuckin happy to be going getting a new game period.

In any case, can't be as glitchy and tonally off putting as Downpour right?
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

PC requirements are also known apparently..
https://www.resetera.com/threads/silent ... ts.645354/
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

So... A new movie about SH2 and a remake of SH2... I know I should feel happier but I am so tired of Pyramid Head. It is better than nothing I guess

Edit... Ok, I hadn't seen the other trailers but F and Townfall actually got me hyped... Ascension looks weird but I guess I can't judge it yet. It is like Konami is trying to make up for neglecting us all these years!!
Last edited by KageReneko on 20 Oct 2022, edited 1 time in total.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well at least the move to PS5 and UnReal V is doing wonders. This is next-gen!
https://imgur.io/7U3a9s2

Admittedly though, Kojima also pulled off something impressive with the PT trailer with art direction alone.
LittleNightma
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleNightma »

I’m wondering if we will see the other character’s point of view, like Laura, Eddie, or Angela, and their time spent in Silent Hill, or if the remake will focus 100% on James like the original.
"Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never take on such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand." - George Orwell
JPS 79
Just Passing Through

Post by JPS 79 »

My main gripe with remakes in general is that they pollute the original title by sharing the exact same name.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

LittleNightma wrote: 20 Oct 2022 I’m wondering if we will see the other character’s point of view, like Laura, Eddie, or Angela, and their time spent in Silent Hill, or if the remake will focus 100% on James like the original.
I was wondering about that myself honestly. I've always thought that I'd love another scenario where we get to experience Angela's trip through the town.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
LittleNightma
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleNightma »

aj4x94 wrote: 20 Oct 2022
LittleNightma wrote: 20 Oct 2022 I’m wondering if we will see the other character’s point of view, like Laura, Eddie, or Angela, and their time spent in Silent Hill, or if the remake will focus 100% on James like the original.
I was wondering about that myself honestly. I've always thought that I'd love another scenario where we get to experience Angela's trip through the town.
As long as they don’t take away from James’ story, I think it would be cool. And I also wonder if they are going to remake Born From A Wish alongside it.
"Writing a book is a horrible, exhausting struggle, like a long bout of some painful illness. One would never take on such a thing if one were not driven on by some demon whom one can neither resist nor understand." - George Orwell
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Getting Born From A Wish style scenarios for Angela and Eddie is something I've wanted for years. I'd be so excited if anything like that happens in the remake.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

leftshoe18 wrote: 20 Oct 2022 Getting Born From A Wish style scenarios for Angela and Eddie is something I've wanted for years. I'd be so excited if anything like that happens in the remake.
They might have payable DLC's prepared for just that type of thing.

Like I said above though, I'm surprised that they kept the outfits exactly as they looked like in the original. Konami missed a great opportunity here to have new modernized standard outfits for the characters and then charge the players with 10 dollars to unlock the "classic outfits". Very easy and simple way to squeeze more money out of old fans.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

JPS 79 wrote: 20 Oct 2022 My main gripe with remakes in general is that they pollute the original title by sharing the exact same name.
Resident Evil 2's remake had the exact same name as the original too.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Crowhead
Just Passing Through

Post by Crowhead »

Hi, yesterday watching the Reveal i wanted to know where can i get Celina T shirt, i love it
JPS 79
Just Passing Through

Post by JPS 79 »

Droo wrote: 20 Oct 2022
JPS 79 wrote: 20 Oct 2022 My main gripe with remakes in general is that they pollute the original title by sharing the exact same name.
Resident Evil 2's remake had the exact same name as the original too.
They could have titled it Silent Hill: Restless Dreams, or Silent Hill: Letter From Silent Heaven, or even the slightly awkward Silent Hill: Silent Heaven to at least make some distinction from the original release on the Playstation 2.