It’s happening…

It's true: Bloober Team is remaking Silent Hill 2. Talk about it in here to keep Remake talk separate from the original!

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: It’s happening…

Post by Jonipoon »

JPS 79 wrote: 21 Oct 2022They could have titled it Silent Hill: Restless Dreams, or Silent Hill: Letter From Silent Heaven, or even the slightly awkward Silent Hill: Silent Heaven to at least make some distinction from the original release on the Playstation 2.
It worked just fine with Resident Evil 2 and it will work just fine with Silent Hill 2 as well. These games are over 20 years apart so it's not going to create any sort of mass confusion among people. If it was more recent like 5 years ago, then it would've been confusing.

I've always liked those secondary titles for the games in the series, though. The PAL version of Silent Hill 2 was called Inner Fears if I remember correctly, which is a quite cool name. Silent Hill 3 had the unoffical secondary title Lost Memories, which is also a fitting to the game's story.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Not to mention that the original SH2 isn't readily available, so it's not like it will be competing with the original. If it steers people away from HD Collection, all the better haha

The Gamecube remake of Resident Evil 1 was also just called Resident Evil. I really don't feel the title is an issue.

And with this post, I have now overtaken Krist as having the second most posts of any member! Yay!
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Remakes generally just have the same name as the original, yeah. Fans tend to come up with the nicknames like REmake and whatnot. The standard fall back if no nickname can be found is to just call the new one Silent Hill 2 (with it's release year in parenthesis)
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

There are a couple of screenshots released on the Sony webpage that feature scenes not seen in the trailer:

I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

I cannot get over how good the shot of James overlooking Toluca is. Those trees are amazing.
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Droo wrote: 21 Oct 2022 I cannot get over how good the shot of James overlooking Toluca is. Those trees are amazing.
Judging by the part of the trailer where James gets out of the bathroom seeing it in motion with the wind will be even more mind blowing. People can complain about Bloober all they want, but they have some pretty damn fine technical chops (which is something that has been missing from the franchise since SH3 imo).
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Those screens look gorgeous. I especially love just how thick the fog is.
Droo

Post by Droo »

And the roads don't look they were freshly repaved and painted like the day before James arrived like they did in HD Collection haha
Lives in the mirror"
WhiteHarbor
Just Passing Through

Post by WhiteHarbor »

I can tell you the exact moment I realized I was on board.
The moment James stepped out of the bathroom and I saw the fenced of tunnel with the sign "WE COM"

IF THAT'S THE LEVEL OF DETAIL THAT THEY WILL BE BRINGING TO THE TABLE, I'm in, I'm yours, take me now, yes with the Great Knife, hard.

I have spent so many years being negative about the future of Silent Hill that I feel stupidly optimistic right now and won't say anything negative until I actually see something truly undeniably negative. So far, I haven't.
Formerly known as MrCaliche
Writer of Silent Hill: Memories of Age
Now publishing a horror serial per chapters named "White Harbor" inspired by Silent Hill, HP Lovecraft and Stephen King: https://www.patreon.com/WhiteHarbor
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

The only thing that's bothering me is RPT. Delighted he's no longer the 'roided mess in the movie, but he looks way too clean here. But it's very very early days, so not freaking out about it or anything.

Also, James' face changes so much throughout that teaser - and his hair! Again, it's too early to be raging about it, but will be interesting to see how they change during development.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Honestly I'm not a big fan of the over the top emotions James is displaying. It's not enough to ruin the game for me if everything else is great but James looking like he's on the verge of tears in every scene isn't as interesting as the disconnected and slightly confused portrayal he originally had (even in the HD Collection dub).
WaffleMaker
Just Passing Through

Post by WaffleMaker »

Jonipoon wrote: 21 Oct 2022 There are a couple of screenshots released on the Sony webpage that feature scenes not seen in the trailer:

Good monster design here. The concept of “soured flesh” was necessary to emphasize the presence of the monsters in the original game. Now that textures have improved I enjoy this more humanized approach.
“Procrastination is an invitation to death.” Rheaunalt Lensenbrink
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

leftshoe18 wrote: 20 Oct 2022 Getting Born From A Wish style scenarios for Angela and Eddie is something I've wanted for years. I'd be so excited if anything like that happens in the remake.
YES. That would be amazing.