Don't know who NeoBards are? Uhh, me neither, but...

It's true - a Silent Hill game from ryukishi07! Here's what we know so far...

Moderator: Moderators

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Don't know who NeoBards are? Uhh, me neither, but...

Post by NanayaShiki »

So while all my initial focus was on my shock of who was writing this game, it's worth also taking a lot at who the actual development team working on it are. There isn't much to say here though because they are shockingly new. They formed in 2017, are based out of Taiwan, and as far as I can tell their biggest projects so far have been as support on the recent batch of Resident Evil games. They worked on the Origins Collection and the next-gen updates for RE7, RE2R, and RE3R.

Perhaps their biggest project to date though was the multiplayer game attached to RE3R, Resistance. They seem to be the primary developers attached to both that project and the upcoming RE:Verse.

I'll admit, Resistance had a lot of problems and I'm not expecting RE:Verse to blow me away either. But the game is having an early access period over the next couple of days and I got it for free with RE Village so I'm going to be checking it out and taking note of how well it plays. I don't think the genre is right for RE but that's not relevant here.

The good news is that working on all these Resident Evil projects shows technical skill, none of the ports have been bad, so if RE:Verse functions properly I'll take that as a win. It's a little worrying that Konami still hands the series off to relatively unknown and untested developers but I'm willing to give anyone a try.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: Don't know who NeoBards are? Uhh, me neither, but...

Post by jdnation »

Looks like Neobards does want to branch out, so this is their first shot at handling a full fledged game. I'm optimistic for them!
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Don't know who NeoBards are? Uhh, me neither, but...

Post by Alexius Corvinus »