TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by NanayaShiki »

Wigeke wrote: 07 Sep 2022
NanayaShiki wrote: 07 Sep 2022 What if the Japanese developer making Silent Hill 5 was just Konami all this time. New internal team with as many old SH devs still working there as possible. Is that too crazy a dream to have?
Considering all the secrecy about who's the Japanese team behind it I wouldn't be surprised if it was Konami trying to hide it so there wouldn't be a backlash because all their talent is gone.
Their talent isn't gone just horribly mismanaged.
Wigeke
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Wigeke »

NanayaShiki wrote: 07 Sep 2022
Wigeke wrote: 07 Sep 2022
NanayaShiki wrote: 07 Sep 2022 What if the Japanese developer making Silent Hill 5 was just Konami all this time. New internal team with as many old SH devs still working there as possible. Is that too crazy a dream to have?
Considering all the secrecy about who's the Japanese team behind it I wouldn't be surprised if it was Konami trying to hide it so there wouldn't be a backlash because all their talent is gone.
Their talent isn't gone just horribly mismanaged.
That's true, but it's not the public perception.
Alexius Corvinus
Hope House Careworker

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Maybe it is Konami after all.

Slightly unrelated, but Masahiro Ito is still working on his project as of today. 🤞 Fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1567489598263296004
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

A French interview with a foreign hire at Team Asobi reveals that the Japanese studio is hiring from overseas, including Dreamworks/Pixar and looking to diversify what kind of games they make and not just be limited to platformers. He isn't allowed to say what they are working on now, but they are expanding to become a 100 person team.

See the last paragraph:
https://www.cnc.fr/jeu-video/actualites ... eo_1783176

---------

Both a Nintendo Direct and a State of Play have been suddenly announced for tomorrow, Sep 13th.

State of Play will have 20 mins of PS4, PS5, and PSVR2 reveals. Also hyping news from "Japanese partners."
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/ ... 1614369793

Maybe it's happening?

I assume that Anapurna's project could also be on Switch. Maybe Sony gives us a teaser for Sakura on PS5/VR2? Maybe SH5 too?

There are 10 games emphasized. Partners can also include Capcom, Square Enix and Kojima. This sounds like their TGS showcase.

Capcom has Res Evil 8 for VR, Pragmata, RE4 and Dragons Dogma. Square has FFXV and 7 Reunion, Valkyria somethin'. Kojima likely has 2 announcements of a small and major project. Whatever Death Stranding 2 actually is, and maybe Overdose is VR. Konami could have some collection, but just maybe it's SH's turn...

God of War is also coming, but I think it'll have its own dedicated showcase.

Slim chance that Atlus bothers to show up with Re0Fantasy, but maybe GrimGrimoire.

Or we may just get some anime games... But Sony is not cautioning about small announcements like they usually do to temper expectations, so I expect some significant stuff. They even replied to Nintendo that tomorrow'll be big.
https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/ ... 4053183488
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I'm going to assume that this State of Play won't be revealing anything new since it's only gonna be about two minutes per game. I'm hoping we get new looks at RE4 and FF7 Rebirth.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well Tokyo Games Show begins this week, so they could tease announcements that will be shown again in longer formats at the publisher's booths/events. Nintendo likely will also.

Kojima won't be at TGS, but has a VR thing of his previous office and stuff from their new HQ. Doesn't necessarily rule out something on Sony's stream, but now seems unlikely. Dude probably wants 10 mins for his reveal. :P
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/sta ... 8849561600

Tom Henderson believes it'll be heavily Japanese focused with very few Western announcements. Though there is likely stuff from China/Korea too. Project Eve hasn't been seen for awhile.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

It looks like several members of the God of War Ragnarok team have retweeted the announcement. If they show more of Ragnarok I definitely don't see any big new game reveals since Somy likely doesn't want their next big AAA game overshadowed.
dpanim
Just Passing Through

Post by dpanim »

The Snitch has recommended everyone lower their expectations, so I doubt a new SH will be at this showing.
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

At this point, I can't see any reality in which the game itself outperforms the emotional roller coaster leading up to it. :)

Patience is the darkest side of power.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Even if the game ends up being the best in the series I think you're right. This has been a crazy ride for the past several years. lol
Droo

Post by Droo »

My browser at work isn't allowing me to view Dusk Golem's Twitter. What did he say exactly about SH not likely to appear tonight?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I don't think Dusk has said anything about whether Silent Hill will be there or not. The only thing I saw him say was that he was hoping for Fatal Frame, Resident Evil and Silent Hill news today while specifically saying it was him hoping and not him knowing.

Edit: Direct quote
So, I'm trying to keep my expectation levels in check, cause y'know, I don't really know the marketing plans for everything.

BUT, BUT BUT BUUUUT

Imagine if we got new trailers for Resident Evil, Silent Hill & Fatal Frame tomorrow.

That's not me knowing, that's me hoping.
https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/sta ... 1398014981
Droo

Post by Droo »

dpanim said "the snitch" said to lower expectations which I took to mean Dusk.
Lives in the mirror"
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Snitch is another leaker. He said to lower expectations and implied it's going to be just AA and indie titles.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Never heard of them. Track record?
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Snitch is believed to be someone on the backend of YouTube who has access to video trailer titles and descriptions uploaded in advance before they go public. They have been pretty reliable in the past. The most interesting is that he could be the source for leaks on kojima's Overdose, though how he got that is unknown.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/the-sn ... ce.594609/

Fatal Frame was revealed on thr Nintendo direct, and is also coming to PS4/5. Crisis Core port was also put up, so at least we know Sony won't waste time on that.

We have no idea if Snitch is downplaying things because some people are expecting Spiderman 2 and Wolverine and Last of Us Factions and FFXVI, which probably won't be there. Plus, if Sony wants to keep some things secret, they can always do the first reveal on the stream and upload a trailer later, so Snitch can't see it in advance and therefore can't leak it. Also if Sakura is revealed, it probably has a different unknown title and would technically and conceptually be 'indy' or AA-level.

Anyway, there is always a possibility that SH doesn't show up again, so... It's always like this.jpeg
Droo

Post by Droo »

Well at least there isn't a protracted period of speculation for this one. We will know very soon.
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Well, nothing again... :(

But it was a pretty good SOP all in all. Everything looked good. Some good PS5 Japanese titles, and the biggest pubs there were SEGA and Koei Tecmo.

Still no insight on what Team Asobi is up to...

Now back to waiting some more...
Droo

Post by Droo »

I think Rise of the Ronin looks awesome.
Lives in the mirror"
silentevil1989
Just Passing Through

Post by silentevil1989 »

Lifetolifeless wrote: 13 Sep 2022 At this point, I can't see any reality in which the game itself outperforms the emotional roller coaster leading up to it. :)
Yep. Like Lemmy Kilmister once said: "The chase is better than the catch". No matter how good the game is, supposed there will be one in first place, it won't overcome the huge expectation built upon it.