TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by Jonipoon »

I mean of course anything is possible, for example who would've thought that Alone in the Dark would come out of a long hibernation and announce the development of a full trilogy of remakes? I certainly did not.

That being said, just because something is possible doesn't mean it will happen. For comparison, many Resident Evil fans expected Code Veronica to get a remake after the success of both ones for RE2 and RE3, but instead Capcom skipped it and moved ahead with RE4.

It's insane really. We live in a world where even a long-forgotten franchise like Alone in the Dark can get a proper and respectable revival, but a legendary franchise like Silent Hill cannot. I wouldn't be surprised if Clock Tower is the next old horror franchise to get a new game.

I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Apparently a leaked image by Masahiro Ito?
https://i.4cdn.org/v/1662292468341534.png
Looks nothing like his style to me?

I can't vouch for the slide or the images at this time, I'm afraid. I have pals who've worked with Sony first-party and say the slide looks fake to them. I think it uses a lot of internal language not all fans/gamers would know about, tho, so who fucking knows at this point?! The whole thing is so crazy!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Vixx wrote: 05 Sep 2022Looks nothing like his style to me?
Same. The reason the previous leak felt so authentic is because it looked like Ito's style and had his signature at the bottom, this image has neither.

It also has the hole instead of the lifted flap, which isn't how Ito draws Pyramid Head.
https://twitter.com/adsk4/status/1101874453858836481

Not that it isn't in some way official, as I assume it hasn't been identified as a previously existing piece. I just don't buy that Ito did this. I also urge everyone to keep in mind that while Dusk Golem clearly has some legitimate sources, they also have a track record where half of what they say turns out to be bullshit. Caution is always advised before believing anything.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

If we're getting remakes, I wouldn't mind a completely rehauled and game-play reimagined Rule of Rose game.

Capcom should also give the people Dino Crisis and Haunting Ground. But understandably resources are limited, so they are banking on the sure-fire hits first. They'll probably tap the well of their other franchises and Code Veronica later.

It could be right that the artwork there is not Ito's or just something he threw out quickly out of obligation. But yeah the flap detail is wrong, unless for some reason it is changed... One worries whether Konami wants some things more in line with the movie depictions just for misguided general audience appeal.
Droo

Post by Droo »

They already did that in Homecoming.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

silentevil1989 wrote: 05 Sep 2022 Damn, very exciting news for SH fans! About Bloober Team, the only game I've played from them is Layers of Fear, which I liked quite a lot and considered a worthy spiritual successor to P.T.. But their other titles are usually hit or miss from what I've read, so I will tamper my expectations. That said, remaking a established popular game might reduce the risks substantially.
The Medium is pretty decent as well. I recommend playing it.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Lots of people hate The Medium - and for good reasons; the sympathetic portrayal of a paedophile was sus af - but I enjoyed its world and storytelling, even if I didn't like the story it was trying to tell. :P

I feel the same way about the team behind Town of Light and Martha Is Dead – innovative games, inelegant storytelling.
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Wigeke

Post by Wigeke »

Vixx wrote: 05 Sep 2022 Lots of people hate The Medium - and for good reasons; the sympathetic portrayal of a paedophile was sus af - but I enjoyed its world and storytelling, even if I didn't like the story it was trying to tell. :P

I feel the same way about the team behind Town of Light and Martha Is Dead – innovative games, inelegant storytelling.
Yeah, the whole way they handled the whole trauma aspect of the story was pretty bad, I get what they were trying to do but they missed the mark by quite a lot. I still appreciate the game for it's technical side and overall atmosphere though.
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Uh... Not AI, I don't think.

https://imgur.com/a/me2eDZ3
V xx

leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Oh wow.

This is new too right: https://i.imgur.com/kHgzdBO.png

I'm guessing these are from the supposedly canceled 2021 reveal then?
Droo

Post by Droo »

Vixx wrote: 05 Sep 2022 Uh... Not AI, I don't think.

https://imgur.com/a/me2eDZ3
Some of those images are from The Last Of Us... O.o
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Some of those images are from The Last Of Us... O.o
I'm going to pretend you didn't mean to imply that I might not have already known that(!!!) and refer your attention to the non-TLOU images...
leftshoe18 wrote: 05 Sep 2022 Oh wow.

This is new too right: https://i.imgur.com/kHgzdBO.png

I'm guessing these are from the supposedly canceled 2021 reveal then?
Not sure but I've not seen it before!
V xx

Droo

Post by Droo »

Oh, sorry I thought the entire album was supposed to be SH images. :o
Lives in the mirror"
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

These all look like they came from some general docu dump. Last of Us Remake was also long rumored, but fairly recently revealed. So there was probably some internal Sony presentation from back in 2020 that briefed a bunch of products that included SH and Last of Us. Likely many leaks originated from the same place.

Release of Sakura was scheduled for Halloween month 2021.

Looks like Sakura is the PS5 exclusive P.T. Demo. Whether SH5 is PS5 exclusive is unknown. But the 2024 release date on the slide does suggest that it could be a proper next gen project.

The announcement for SH5 seems like E3 2021 was the unveiling. But Sony Japan closed in early 2021. Toyama left Sony in Dec 2020, earlier than he intended, escalated by the turmoil of the lockdowns. This may have been what delayed things. Potentially, SH5 could've been the final project for Japan Studios, and these images originate from there, taken as people left and reorganization occurred or through outsourcing to another Japanese dev. Toyama could've been involved in 2020, but maybe not much had been done, considering this looked like a 5 year dev cycle.

Short Stories aims to release in 2023, before SH5. But may be shorter to develop. It sounds like SH2 Remake is also expected to come out close to or before SH5. It is cross gen, Short Stories is also likely cross gen. Maybe the lengthier dev time for SH5 is because it is next gen exclusive and Sony wants a graphical showpiece for PS5?

DuskG is warning that the entire story of Sakura is leaked out there.

Looks like the new PT is spoiled before release. I suspect that the reveal wil be end of September in a showcase and release in October.
Wigeke

Post by Wigeke »

jdnation wrote: 06 Sep 2022 These all look like they came from some general docu dump. Last of Us Remake was also long rumored, but fairly recently revealed. So there was probably some internal Sony presentation from back in 2020 that briefed a bunch of products that included SH and Last of Us. Likely many leaks originated from the same place.

Release of Sakura was scheduled for Halloween month 2021.

Looks like Sakura is the PS5 exclusive P.T. Demo. Whether SH5 is PS5 exclusive is unknown. But the 2024 release date on the slide does suggest that it could be a proper next gen project.

The announcement for SH5 seems like E3 2021 was the unveiling. But Sony Japan closed in early 2021. Toyama left Sony in Dec 2020, earlier than he intended, escalated by the turmoil of the lockdowns. This may have been what delayed things. Potentially, SH5 could've been the final project for Japan Studios, and these images originate from there, taken as people left and reorganization occurred or through outsourcing to another Japanese dev. Toyama could've been involved in 2020, but maybe not much had been done, considering this looked like a 5 year dev cycle.

Short Stories aims to release in 2023, before SH5. But may be shorter to develop. It sounds like SH2 Remake is also expected to come out close to or before SH5. It is cross gen, Short Stories is also likely cross gen. Maybe the lengthier dev time for SH5 is because it is next gen exclusive and Sony wants a graphical showpiece for PS5?

DuskG is warning that the entire story of Sakura is leaked out there.

Looks like the new PT is spoiled before release. I suspect that the reveal wil be end of September in a showcase and release in October.
If it was supposed to be released in Halloween last year then it makes sense to release it during the same period on this year.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

So far it's incredible that we still don't have a clear idea of the Japanese developer.

We can see clear rumors and leaks of Bloober amd Anapurna. But SH5 and Sakura's developer is somewhat still a mystery.

KatharsisT claimed it was Sony's Japan Studios. DuskG could not confirm her claim, he and others like Andy Robinson only knew it was somewherein Japan.

I imagine that KatharsisT could be correct and Sony Japan - now downsized and reformed under Team Asobi is behind it alongside Konami's Metal Gear Survive team.

Another possibility (not on the slide - and potentially what is behind the delay) - Silent Hill 5 and Sakura are also being developed with PSVR2 compatibility. Sony intends to release the device in early 2023. Their next showcase may start the more formal marketing with the price and pre-ordering info. This would also explain why SH5 is next-gen exclusive and why they are taking time to develop it. Sakura could be a free launch title for PSVR, so it could also release in early 2023.

If the VR option turns out to be true, then it makes sense that Team Asobi is on it and Sakura as they are the first party Japanese studio with VR experience and likely also have another Astrobot being done simultaneously.

Though there is still the possibility that Kojima's Overdose could be SH5/Sakura, and Sakura is the codename. But with these leaks, it feels more unlikely that Kojima Productions is involved. The slide clearly had no problem listing Bloober and Anapurna, but no mention of the dev behind SH5 and Sakura, which infers that it is an internal Sony or Konami project.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

As long as it's available to play in non-VR as well I'd love it if SH5 had VR support.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

Jonipoon wrote: 05 Sep 2022 I mean of course anything is possible, for example who would've thought that Alone in the Dark would come out of a long hibernation and announce the development of a full trilogy of remakes? I certainly did not.

That being said, just because something is possible doesn't mean it will happen. For comparison, many Resident Evil fans expected Code Veronica to get a remake after the success of both ones for RE2 and RE3, but instead Capcom skipped it and moved ahead with RE4.

It's insane really. We live in a world where even a long-forgotten franchise like Alone in the Dark can get a proper and respectable revival, but a legendary franchise like Silent Hill cannot. I wouldn't be surprised if Clock Tower is the next old horror franchise to get a new game.

You know we are waiting a long time when Oprah appears on an SH forum.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

What if the Japanese developer making Silent Hill 5 was just Konami all this time. New internal team with as many old SH devs still working there as possible. Is that too crazy a dream to have?
Wigeke

Post by Wigeke »

NanayaShiki wrote: 07 Sep 2022 What if the Japanese developer making Silent Hill 5 was just Konami all this time. New internal team with as many old SH devs still working there as possible. Is that too crazy a dream to have?
Considering all the secrecy about who's the Japanese team behind it I wouldn't be surprised if it was Konami trying to hide it so there wouldn't be a backlash because all their talent is gone.