TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Everything we know - and don't know, I guess - about all those Silent Hill rumours.

Moderator: Moderators

Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: TWO New SH Games In Development??? (New SH Game Rumours)

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Dusk Golem said TSM is supposed to be a teaser for all of the new Silent Hill games, including f, which is the new mainline entry in the series.

He also said Konami wants to make Silent Hill an annual series. Konami is hiring in-house for careers, including a game director. Maybe a New Team Silent? I’m feeling cautiously optimistic and bullish right now on these projects.

https://twitter.com/KONAMI_career/statu ... _&ref_url=
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

DuskG seems to imply that Short Note is the Sakura teaser. And that f is a full mainline title.
https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/sta ... 9483028482

Masahiro Ito is also careful in his responses, intimating that there is possibly more that he is working on that was not announced on the stream.
https://twitter.com/IV_Aoratos/status/1 ... 2397456385
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Dusk Golem tends to mix speculation in with his leaks so beyond what we've seen confirmed, I wouldn't take every single thing he says as gospel. Though I would say all three games should be considered "mainline titles" unless otherwise specified by their devs.
jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Post by jdnation »

For some insight on what Konami's overall strategy might be, the rumors of an MGS3 Remake are coming up again.
https://insider-gaming.com/metal-gear-s ... ke-rumors/

As with the Silent Hill strategy, it seems that Konami wants to make a big traditional gaming comeback, and are throwing everything possible at the wall to gauge interest in what best suits every franchise. And practically all of these will be outsourced.

Do people only want Remakes? Big new console titles? Smaller indy affairs? Multiplayer? Etc.

Guess we'll see if a similar thing occurs with MGS, though a big budget new main entry will be a larger question, especially as to who will fill Kojima's shoes.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I really hope Konami gives us another 2D (or 2.5D) Castlevania title if they are really looking to go all-in on their most beloved franchises. Metal Gear would feel really weird without Kojima so I think remakes (for now) is the way to go for that franchise. Or just do something new in that universe with mostly original characters. Silent Hill is something I don't really think remakes are necessary for but I'll take anything they'll give us on that front.
CaLviN_BR
Just Passing Through

Post by CaLviN_BR »

I'm thinking we'll learn more about Silent Hill: Short Message soon. Here's why:

We know that Silent Hill: Short Message was rated by the Korean board back in September 26th. I was curious to learn how long before a game release this usually happens, and I found some interesting hints:

- This article was published when Stray was rated by the same board. It is from April 7th, and it speculates that ratings come out usually 3-6 months before a game is released. This turned out to be accurate for Stray, as it was released on July 19th (3 months and 12 days later).

- This other article from November 3rd advises that a bunch of games were rated by the same board. One of those is the Resident Evil 4 remake. Now, we do know the release date of this one: March 24th, 2023. This puts the release date 4 and a half months after the rating appeared in the board, so also within the aforementioned 3-6 months.

That being said, 3 months after Silent Hill: Short Message was rated by the Korean board it will be Christmas, which is a great time to shadow drop a game. As a matter of fact, I'm secretly hoping that it will be shadow dropped during the Game Awards on December 8th, and that's a little less than those 3 months, but I don't think that this needs to be a rule, anyway.

Now, for what I think Silent Hill: Short Message is, I believe that it is a playable teaser, sort of like the Beginning Hour was for RE7. A short (but complete story) connected to a main one. The Cherry Blossom girl/monster we've seen in a few leaked pictures is very similar (at least thematically) to the girl in Silent Hill f, so I believe they might be connected somehow, but since Short Message looks to be set on present day, I'm thinking that it will "lay the ground" for Silent Hill f (which will eventually tell the story of how that creature/girl/monster came to be).

Of course, this is all speculation on my part, but that's what we're here for, right? Also, I'm not sure how Masahiro Ito fits in this, since he doesn't seem to be attached to Silent Hill f at all (but hey, maybe he is to Short Message only?)
There was a signature here. It is gone now.
Droo

Post by Droo »

TGA 2022 is coming up very soon. I think it's extremely likely we will see more of SH2R there. I also think The Short Message will finally drop, although I still don't know which project it's attached to, or even if it's related to one of the games we know about or something entirely new.

I wonder if we will learn more about f or Townfall.

What are you all expecting for TGA 2022 when it comes to new SH?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

You mean TGA? I don't think we'll see anything Silent Hill there. Keighley chose his side in the Konami/Kojima conflict and Konami doesn't forget. lol
Droo

Post by Droo »

Yes I meant TGA. Stupid autocorrect.
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

NanayaShiki wrote: 16 Nov 2022 You mean TGA? I don't think we'll see anything Silent Hill there. Keighley chose his side in the Konami/Kojima conflict and Konami doesn't forget. lol
Given Konami pulled out of Sony's State of Play at the last minute, I get the sense that they want to control the messaging tightly. That's not to say it won't pop up at TGA - Keighley's been heavily teasing SH for months and months now - but I'm not expecting it just yet. Could be wrong, tho!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Droo

Post by Droo »

The Konami and official SH Facebook pages just randomly posted asking people what they thought Townfall was about. Mere days away from TGA. I'm thinking at least Townfall gets a showing.
Lives in the mirror"
Wigeke
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Wigeke »

Droo wrote: 06 Dec 2022 The Konami and official SH Facebook pages just randomly posted asking people what they thought Townfall was about. Mere days away from TGA. I'm thinking at least Townfall gets a showing.
I really hope so, to me Townfall is the most intriguing project that was announced.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Wigeke wrote: 06 Dec 2022
Droo wrote: 06 Dec 2022 The Konami and official SH Facebook pages just randomly posted asking people what they thought Townfall was about. Mere days away from TGA. I'm thinking at least Townfall gets a showing.
I really hope so, to me Townfall is the most intriguing project that was announced.
I personally think F takes that mantle, but I agree, I want to know more about Townfall too!
Lives in the mirror"
Vixx
Founder & Administrator
Founder & Administrator

Post by Vixx »

Honestly, I'm just excited. After a full decade of neglect, we have SO MUCH to theorise and speculate about now!
V xx

© 2003-2024 Vixx. The contents of this post may only be used within the boundaries of silenthillforum.com. Any usage outside of the aforementioned forum is strictly prohibited. No, I can't believe this place is still up and running, either.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I hope that Townfall is a semi-sequel to the original Silent Hill from 1999, taking place directly after it by focusing on the degradation of the Order and showing how the powers of the town greatly intensified because of Alessa.

The pocket television in the trailer looks similar to the type of pocket televisions that were common during the 1980's, so it would fit into the timeline.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Jonipoon wrote: 08 Dec 2022 I hope that Townfall is a semi-sequel to the original Silent Hill from 1999, taking place directly after it by focusing on the degradation of the Order and showing how the powers of the town greatly intensified because of Alessa.

The pocket television in the trailer looks similar to the type of pocket televisions that were common during the 1980's, so it would fit into the timeline.
That's what my old SH1 novelization from back in the day was going to be: a retelling of the events of SH1 plus showing what happened immediately afterwards.
Lives in the mirror"
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>taking place directly after [SILENT HILL] by focusing on the degradation of the Order<
This would be interesting, especially considering what was going on around that time.

We know from Silent Hill Chronicle that after Dahlia's death "there was a period of inactivity" in The Order, and around ten years later it was restructured by Vincent and increasingly grew afterward. Vincent would have been 9 years old at the time of SILENT HILL, so I wonder if SILENT HILL: TOWNFALL, if this holds up, will present us a pre-teen Vincent and/or Claudia.

Immediately following the events of SILENT HILL is also around the time Walter starts sowing his Ten Hearts seeds—when he meets Cynthia and leaves items at his future victims' shops, like the clock at William Gregory's shop. This is also when Walter moves from Wish House to Pleasant River.

Just some thoughts.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Anybody else hoping we learn what The Short Message is tonight at The Game Awards?
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

I think people should stop expecting The Short Message entirely tbh. I think whatever shuffling Konami did behind the scenes when they backed out of the State of Play likely involved dropping the plans for whatever that was in favor of the big livestream.

I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything more about Silent Hill for a few more months.
Droo

Post by Droo »

NanayaShiki wrote: 09 Dec 2022 I think people should stop expecting The Short Message entirely tbh. I think whatever shuffling Konami did behind the scenes when they backed out of the State of Play likely involved dropping the plans for whatever that was in favor of the big livestream.

I honestly wouldn't expect to hear anything more about Silent Hill for a few more months.
But TSM was rated in Korea. Doesn't that mean it had to have been basically done being made?
Lives in the mirror"