Former KojiPro developer from P.T. working on Res Evil VII

Come here to chat about Kojima's now sadly defunct Silent Hills.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Former KojiPro developer from P.T. working on Res Evil VII

Post by jdnation »

Did the VR mode of Resident Evil VII shown at Sony's Presser looked familiar to you?

Sony and Capcom got Jordan Amaro, former KojiPro developer who worked on MGSV and P.T.

https://twitter.com/serkantoto/status/7 ... 8355104768

1) About Resident Evil 7: Yes, it's in development. The entire game will go back to RE's horror roots and (essentially) be a clean slate.

2) They will show it at E3. The RE7 team hired Jordan Amaro, a designer who previously worked on MGS V and P. T. at Kojima Productions. /end

sh#1fan

Re: Former KojiPro developer from P.T. working on Res Evil V

Post by sh#1fan »

I have the resident evil 7 demo.
Anyone know what to do with the finger or axe yet?
oO?
SilentOne
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentOne »

Well, after watching the gameplay footage, I think we found the culprit behind why Silent Hills was canceled. Resident Evil 7 is a VR game - shot in the same manner as PT. With Del Toro's comments about the "new technology" they were planning on using for Silent Hills, I think it's safe to surmise that Silent Hills was also initially planned to be a VR game. But with Resident Evil being an overall more popular and profitable game, they cancelled Silent Hills in favor of Resident Evil 7 to be their flagship horror VR title.
Yo.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

SilentOne wrote:Well, after watching the gameplay footage, I think we found the culprit behind why Silent Hills was canceled. Resident Evil 7 is a VR game - shot in the same manner as PT. With Del Toro's comments about the "new technology" they were planning on using for Silent Hills, I think it's safe to surmise that Silent Hills was also initially planned to be a VR game. But with Resident Evil being an overall more popular and profitable game, they cancelled Silent Hills in favor of Resident Evil 7 to be their flagship horror VR title.
Resident Evil and Silent Hill are made by two completely different developers.

Silent Hill is by Konami.

Resident Evil is by Capcom.

So Konami's decisions would not have any influence on Capcom. Other than that P.T. was definitely an inspiration for Capcom.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

jdnation wrote:Resident Evil and Silent Hill are made by two completely different developers.
This. As far as I know, Silent Hills was cancelled simply due to Kojima and Konami's disputes. Since seeing the new Resident Evil stuff, I'm even more pissed that we'll never get to see Silent Hills in VR. What an intense experience that would have been...
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Capcom is apparently trying to distance itself from Konami's P.T.
http://www.gamespot.com/videos/masachik ... 0-6432944/

The producer stated ""There are no staff on the team now or before that worked on P.T. at Capcom ... We were working on Resident Evil VII before P.T. was announced..."

So does Jordan Amaro not work for Capcom now? Or is this just a mistake?

More likely, the producer is just trying to distance the game from P.T. and likely is telling the truth that they had a similar concept for Resident Evil before P.T. was unveiled for the first time at Sony's European conference.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

Really? I have to say, after finally playing the REVII teaser (I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would), the similarities are startling and obvious. Maybe it's just a case of the same type of idea being arrived at simultaneously, but it still seems a little too coincidental.
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
Alexius Corvinus
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alexius Corvinus »

Neat. I didn't know that.