Jim Sterling praises Revelation as an unintentional comedy

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Malzarre
Just Passing Through

Re: Jim Sterling praises Revelation as an unintentional comedy

Post by Malzarre »

I don't know if it was because I was out of my Silent Hill phase when I watched SH:R, but all I can remember was vaguely thinking

1. Why are they trying to shoehorn in the plot of SH3? Movie wise it made no sense

2. Why is Vincent now Heather's love interest?

...and that's all I remember, and I have no desire to rewatch it

(Might give the Jim video a peak though)
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

Adapting SH3 in a direct sequel to the film that adapted SH1 made sense. I don't see the stretch there.
Malzarre
Just Passing Through

Post by Malzarre »

I think I was more confused by the inclusion of the God plot in SHR. There was no mention of a God in the first movie, and iirc, Alessa was burned because Christabella saw her as an eligitimate child born out of wedlock.

SHR comes along, and it's like "guess what! You have a God fetus in you...surprise!"

They could have adapted SH3 without the whole God thing. Just off the top of my head, maybe something where the town is in darkness, and they believe the only way to stop it will be to kill Heather/Sharon for good?

Or something
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Yeah part of the problem is that the Silent Hill movie as barely an adaptation of SH1, so the stuff from SH1 that leads to SH3 isn't present in the movie at all. They have to do a lot of work to actually connect the two. The other part of the problem is that this movie just sucks and would have been bad no matter what they were trying to adapt, of course.