22%
Didn't see it.
2%

Total votes: 45

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Re: Re-write Revelation!

Post by KiramidHead »

So, old thread is old, and I mean ancient at this point, but I was revisiting the first film on blu-ray, and started mulling over some thoughts on what would have made for a better sequel, while still using things from SH3.

I. Dealing with the First Film's Ending

This is, at first glance, a difficult one to get past. Alessa is a whole person again, and has no desire to leave the world she created for the one that hurt her so badly. Now, what could push her to make such a drastic change and end up as Heather, with no memories? My ideas for a solution generally lie with Rose.

Let's say that Rose, despite loving her daughter more than anything, comes to realize she is trapped in the foggy world, and she can't cope with it. The human mind can only take so much, and she breaks, committing suicide from the pressure. Sometimes love just isn't enough.

Alternatively, let's say that the stab wound Christabella inflicted on Rose was indeed fatal, and that she's only still alive through Alessa's influence. She gradually comes to realize, like Lisa in SH1, that this life of hers is just an illusion. There could even be a scene like Lisa's dissolution in SH1, only with Rose.

Either way, with both the good and bad sides restored, Alessa is traumatized with guilt at what she's done, and voluntarily wipes away her memories and returns herself to the real world, and Chris.

II. The Order/Dahlia/Etc.

After this series of events, Alessa's world is left without her in control, and the veil between it and the real world becomes thin, and people are more likely to slip between the two. Dahlia, driven even deeper into madness after seeing what her sweet, innocent girl had become during the church massacre, wanders the streets of Silent Hill, eventually coming to Brahams.

Her mad ramblings about Alessa and what happened to the Brotherhood are picked up on by survivors of the original fire, including a friend of Alessa's from back then named Claudia. She takes Dahlia to be a mad oracle of sorts, building a cult around Alessa. After all, who is the God of this version of Silent Hill if not she?

They want their God back, and begin to track down Sharon, as Alessa now believes herself to be. They find the DaSilvas, and Chris kills one of them in self defense, and they go on the run, eventually becoming Harry and Heather, not too far off from what we see of them in Revelation.

The cult eventually finds them again, and kill Chris/Harry as a way of luring Heather back to Silent Hill and triggering Dark Alessa again, perhaps not fully knowing what they are bringing down upon themselves in the process. They view Dark Alessa as a messianic figure, and her world as a twisted paradise. After all, if not for the monsters, the foggy portion of it is quite serene and peaceful.

----

That's all I could come up with at the moment. I tried to think of some more actual main plot stuff for the movie, but it's late and I ran into a mental brick wall.
tbonesays
Hope House Careworker

Post by tbonesays »

KiramidHead wrote:So, old thread is old, and I mean ancient at this point, but I was revisiting the first film on blu-ray, and started mulling over some thoughts on what would have made for a better sequel, while still using things from SH3.

This is, at first glance, a difficult one to get past. Alessa is a whole person again, and has no desire to leave the world she created for the one that hurt her so badly. Now, what could push her to make such a drastic change and end up as Heather, with no memories? My ideas for a solution generally lie with Rose.

Let's say that Rose, despite loving her daughter more than anything, comes to realize she is trapped in the foggy world, and she can't cope with it. The human mind can only take so much, and she breaks, committing suicide from the pressure. Sometimes love just isn't enough.

Alternatively, let's say that the stab wound Christabella inflicted on Rose was indeed fatal, and that she's only still alive through Alessa's influence. She gradually comes to realize, like Lisa in SH1, that this life of hers is just an illusion. There could even be a scene like Lisa's dissolution in SH1, only with Rose.

Either way, with both the good and bad sides restored, Alessa is traumatized with guilt at what she's done, and voluntarily wipes away her memories and returns herself to the real world, and Chris.

After this series of events, Alessa's world is left without her in control, and the veil between it and the real world becomes thin, and people are more likely to slip between the two. Dahlia, driven even deeper into madness after seeing what her sweet, innocent girl had become during the church massacre, wanders the streets of Silent Hill, eventually coming to Brahams.

Her mad ramblings about Alessa and what happened to the Brotherhood are picked up on by survivors of the original fire, including a friend of Alessa's from back then named Claudia. She takes Dahlia to be a mad oracle of sorts, building a cult around Alessa. After all, who is the God of this version of Silent Hill if not she?

They want their God back, and begin to track down Sharon, as Alessa now believes herself to be. They find the DaSilvas, and Chris kills one of them in self defense, and they go on the run, eventually becoming Harry and Heather, not too far off from what we see of them in Revelation.

The cult eventually finds them again, and kill Chris/Harry as a way of luring Heather back to Silent Hill and triggering Dark Alessa again, perhaps not fully knowing what they are bringing down upon themselves in the process. They view Dark Alessa as a messianic figure, and her world as a twisted paradise. After all, if not for the monsters, the foggy portion of it is quite serene and peaceful.

----

That's all I could come up with at the moment. I tried to think of some more actual main plot stuff for the movie, but it's late and I ran into a mental brick wall.
At what point in the story would the movie pick up?
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

tbonesays wrote:
KiramidHead wrote:So, old thread is old, and I mean ancient at this point, but I was revisiting the first film on blu-ray, and started mulling over some thoughts on what would have made for a better sequel, while still using things from SH3.

----

At what point in the story would the movie pick up?
That's one of the things I was stuck on.