New TV Spot

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: New TV Spot

Post by jdnation »

Garmonbozey wrote:Interesting. So the Order wants to destroy Alessa instead of using her? So when Basset said rival cult he meant it. But then again, the first movie's cult were in fear of Alessa, so wouldn't they want Alessa destroyed? So how is that rivalry? Is there going to be no Alessa as a revered person or deity or means to an end? Hm.
Or Dahlia could simply be lying.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Okay so I broke my rules and watched that clip. Very cool cinematography, imaginative and unusual. Dahlia is just haunting towards the end of that scene.

I'm really curious to know more about the relationship of the two groups in the film universe, and excited about The Order for the first time since my Silent Hill 3 days. What what.

And who the heck could be operating the siren?
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

wonder's boy wrote:And who the heck could be operating the siren?
Must be Keiichiro Toyama...
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I like the subtle stuff like the way the fog rolls back as the darkness sets in. Some people on the Facebook page are saying the fog looks fake but I didn't notice anything wrong with it.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Oh man. I think it's beginning to be time for me to avoid this forum for spoilers. I watched some of the TV spots and the nurse scene, but anything more...
astral
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by astral »

I like the transition to the Otherworld but I do wish the siren sounded different. The siren from the first Silent Hill game was great because it sounded old and decayed which made it have a haunted and surreal feel.
I believe, I believe, I believe
Rayfartheadevo
Just Passing Through

Post by Rayfartheadevo »

Lol I love how they reused the footage of the siren from the first movie..I love it though.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

I just spotted a new TV spot just now on FX, children singing "trick or treat" were heard in the background over footage we've already seen. Pretty nice!
KingCrimson
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by KingCrimson »

Rayfartheadevo wrote:Lol I love how they reused the footage of the siren from the first movie..I love it though.
That bothered me too. She also used Anna's line from the first movie, "the darkness is coming."
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

arthurdepr
Just Passing Through

Post by arthurdepr »

Lafayette_Reynolds wrote:I just spotted a new TV spot just now on FX, children singing "trick or treat" were heard in the background over footage we've already seen. Pretty nice!
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/silent_ ... /11172859/

Is this the one? I think it was pretty awesome! Better than the others released, actually. Children's songs mixed with horror stuff makes up for good, and scary stuff... that's why I love the Dead Space lullaby trailers. Anyway, I liked this TV spot very much indeed!

Also, the Mannequin Creature, when it splits its head and reveals the Splitworm-like face, also resembles a lot the Alien, from the... uh... Alien series, haha. It seems it even has a second "mouth" and all that stuff. I like it.
~ Evil shall with evil be expelled. ~
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

arthurdepr wrote:
Lafayette_Reynolds wrote:I just spotted a new TV spot just now on FX, children singing "trick or treat" were heard in the background over footage we've already seen. Pretty nice!

Is this the one? I think it was pretty awesome! Better than the others released, actually. Children's songs mixed with horror stuff makes up for good, and scary stuff... that's why I love the Dead Space lullaby trailers. Anyway, I liked this TV spot very much indeed!

Also, the Mannequin Creature, when it splits its head and reveals the Splitworm-like face, also resembles a lot the Alien, from the... uh... Alien series, haha. It seems it even has a second "mouth" and all that stuff. I like it.
Thanks for posting!

I'm liking the monsters the more we see of them. For instance, the mannequin opening its face looked poor to me but now that it continues I think it looks better.
Last edited by Garmonbozey on 20 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

arthurdepr wrote:

I'm not surprised that it's reminiscent of the Alien. MJB said that Alien is the movie made him want to make films himself.
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Anyone in the uk see the new trailer today (today being 20 of oct) wow we get to see Leonards monster forum from the front more of the mannequin's
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
mouth inside the head it extends out (alien anyone) that's not a bad thing.
Also a few more monsters scenes best of all it was (in my opinion).
Very reminiscent of Jacobs Ladder and well it's hard to complain about that silent hill was inspired by Jacobs Ladder.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

silenthillking wrote:
Very reminiscent of Jacobs Ladder and well it's hard to complain about that silent hill was inspired by Jacobs Ladder.
Mmhm, along with Alien, Bassett has said that Jacob's Ladder was a big inspiration to his style, which couldn't be better considering that Team Silent had that in common.

--

'Nother new TV spot:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3732192033883
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Just saw a TV spot where the narrator said- "give your Halloween- the Silent Treatment!" :lol: :lol:
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

KiramidHead wrote:Just saw a TV spot where the narrator said- "give your Halloween- the Silent Treatment!" :lol: :lol:
Gotta love marketing schlubs. :lol:
silenthillking
Just Passing Through

Post by silenthillking »

Garmonbozey wrote:
silenthillking wrote:
Mmhm, along with Alien, Bassett has said that Jacob's Ladder was a big inspiration to his style, which couldn't be better considering that Team Silent had that in common.

--

'Nother new TV spot:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=3732192033883
Good find anyone able to pause at 0.24
what is carrying heather it's arm looks cgi but wasn't all the monster is revelations people in suits except from the mannequin.No please be a odd shot cgi isn't ready classic true and tested people in suits it the only way.
Garmonbozey
Just Passing Through

Post by Garmonbozey »

silenthillking wrote:
what is carrying heather it's arm looks cgi but wasn't all the monster is revelations people in suits except from the mannequin.No please be a odd shot cgi isn't ready classic true and tested people in suits it the only way.
Might be an odd shot. The ads paused on the mannequin's head-opener in just the right way for it to look odd to me, but when it's actually in context I like it a lot. Probably something like that here.
Numinex
Just Passing Through

Post by Numinex »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_2lbyXNQa4

New spot with a looooooot of Lakeside Amusement Park footage.