What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to see?

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: What monsters do you think will be in the movie/want to

Post by WelcomeToNowhere »

^Or the monster we DO want to see isn't designed correctly. There wasn't even any real reason for the Bubblehead nurses to be in the first movie, since they're James' delusion, not Alessa's.

The rumor mill recently churned out that Adelaide Clemens was wearing a lot of makeup and a black wig. Does this mean that the Memory of Alessa will be present in the movie? If she is, how will it be significant?
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

At least they made the monsters work towards Alessa's storyline in the movie. Every monster in the movie fit in with Alessa's portrayal in the movie (and almost all could have worked in the original SH1).

Also, we've seen pictures of Adelaide in the dark makeup and she looks pretty exact like MoA. I'm thinking that Heather may have forgotten her past or something, and this is the town's way, or her personal way, of reminding herself of it, almost like her role in SH3.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Murphy Pendleton
Just Passing Through

Post by Murphy Pendleton »

WelcomeToNowhere wrote:^Or the monster we DO want to see isn't designed correctly. There wasn't even any real reason for the Bubblehead nurses to be in the first movie, since they're James' delusion, not Alessa's.
I'm agree with that, though, producers from first movie say that some fans couldn't like the movie cause some things aren't exactly from the game, and he said, "unfortunately games are games and movies are movies". :?
I've enter in this town with the hope to have a chance to get away from my past, but... this town could change me, change my life?
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

The Demon wrote:Heather is still Alessa, who created the first Otherworld, where Pyramid Head was her punisher and protector.
Did we ever actually get an official statement confirming this? I can't stand the first Silent Hill movie, so I'll admit I have not done all that much research into the interviews and potential documentaries. But I've only ever seen fans say this, and I question it. Pyramid Head doesn't really seem to be punishing people for Alessa or protecting her. He just shows up like twice (maybe three times, been years since I actually watched it), once to attack Rose and once to attack the Church people. There is nothing in the movie that suggests he has ANY connection to Alessa. And if the writer or director of the movie DID say that, then I'd like to know WHY Pyramid Head attacked Rose, when that goes completely against what Alessa would want.

Pyramid Head's role in the movie is a VERY confused and nonsensical one, I'd say. He's just kind of a regular random monster that attacks things on sight. No real role of symbolism.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Alessa creates the Fog World and the Otherworld in the first film, and so everything within, from the scenery to the monsters, is a creation of hers either representing herself (the Armless Man, the Grey Children), people who hurt her (the Janitor, the Creepers, the Nurses), or things she saw (Pyramid Head). PH is supposed to be based on a painting Alessa saw in the hotel before she was burned, which depicted men in tan skirts and cone-shaped hats. There's a picture of the painting on the official website. Gans has said in interviews that PH's appearance was changed specifically to make it look as though he was being manifested from a female perspective (Alessa's). Since Heather is Alessa, it makes perfect sense for him to appear in Revelation as she begins to remember who she is.

As to why he attacked Rose, he did it because Alessa wanted him to. All throughout the film, Alessa continuously throws her monsters at Rose and makes her do dangerous things (jumping over a massive hole, descending into the darkness willingly, walking through a group of undead nurses). She's both testing and strengthening Rose, making sure that Rose will be capable when everything Alessa has worked for can easily be destroyed if Rose is too weak. That's why the monsters attack Rose, but not Dahlia. However, Alessa does not want to kill Rose, and so she makes sure to shift the realities every time Rose is in too much danger.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

That's confirmed on the website, you say? Well, it does solve the confused nonsensical aspect of the monsters behavior, even if I highly doubt it was something they actually had planned. Sounds like an after-the-fact explanation. But it's better than nothing. Well, as far as explanations go. I still dislike it.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

Don't forget, though, at the church scene it's demonstrated that Dahlia has a certain amount of control over Pyramid Head. She makes a gesture at Anna, and as she starts to throw another rock at Dahlia, she is picked up and eviscerated by Pyramid Head, all at Dahlia's command. And the first time he shows up at the school, in the courtyard, he's not attacking Rose at all--he's just dragging along the dead body of one of the cult members.

Of course, since you don't really care for the first movie, that doesn't make a whole lot of difference, does it?
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

@Nanaya, the website does not explicitly state that PH is manifested from the painting. However, the fact that it prominently features a painting in the hotel of men in tan skirts with cone-shaped hats is pretty much screaming that he comes from there. Gans has stated in interviews that PH was made to look like he came from a female perspective, and the movie shows Alessa created and has absolute control over the alternate reality, so he is definitely her creation, as are all the other monsters. Considering the painting is shown on the hotel set, PH's origins can't be an after-the-fact idea, as they would not have added the painting to the set unless they intended him to have that meaning at the time of filming.
http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/silen ... /Hotel.jpg

@Welcometonowhere, Dahlia has no control over PH whatsoever. Only Alessa controls that world and its creations. Dahlia made the sign of the witch at Anna, because she knew Alessa would send her monsters to help her mother, and that it was Anna's tendency towards sinning that had kept her outside the church for so long.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Well, there's that. But I was also referring to why Pyramid Head attacked Rose. That's what I feel like came afterwards. But that's not necessarily irredeemable all by it's own. My favorite author writes entire books to fill in details after-the-fact.

And no, Welcome, it doesn't change the fact that I dislike the movie. But this wasn't about me liking or disliking the movie. As I said in my first post on this subject, I honestly didn't know, since I didn't bother to keep up with movie development information after seeing it, and was curious.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Why the monsters attack Rose comes from the movie itself, not any interviews or outside sources. It's clear Alessa makes Rose willingly do life-threatening things, that she leads Rose right to the monsters, that Alessa controls the monsters, and that the monsters do not attack Dahlia. Given this, the film makes it quite clear that Alessa wants Rose to be attacked, but not to die - and it makes perfect sense that the reason would match why she makes Rose jump over giant holes and confront undead nurses and such.
WelcomeToNowhere
Brookhaven Receptionist

There's the whole "this pain will someday be useful to you" thing, which makes sense, but there's also the idea that Alessa is kind of a sadist. She's messing with her, deliberately making her experience all these horrible things as both a preparatory tribulation, and as amusement too, I'd expect. Alessa spent, what, thirty years cooped up in the basement of Brookhaven Hospital? All the while, she's still horribly disfigured from what the cultists did to her, and she has nothing to do but torturously kill the survivors of the mine fire. Plus, getting burned most of the way to death will make just about anyone a little sadistic.

I think I'd like to see the lying figures appear in this movie. They amuse me so.
victim21
Woodside Apartments Janitor
Location: deepest recess of Walters mind... I got a train here :D

Post by victim21 »

couldnt it be pyramid head was trying to kill Cybil when he sticks the knife through the door, and Rose just happened to be in the room?

Im running on a hazy memory of that scene, so sorry if I have it wrong :p
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b104/The-doodler/sig.jpg[/img]
Big thanks to Milfy for my Avvy :D Sig was by me, woop!
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

If I remember correctly Alessa was just testing Rose and having the monsters attack her and not necessarily kill her, and Cybil was brought in to the otherworld to protect Rose. Something like that, I dont know know for sure, I just read that somewhere.
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

Cybil was being kept alive by Alessa just as much as Rose, so that she could protect Rose and later become the sacrifice necessary to give Rose time to forge the deal with Dark Alessa.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

Numb bodies could translate either scary or stupid. If they use the Glutton, that's honestly what I'm most excited to see. They... may not include it though. Ha
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
jadehill2001
Just Passing Through

Post by jadehill2001 »

So Pyramid Head is back for this then? Is Roberto Campanella reprising his role or is some other person playing him?
peronmls
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by peronmls »

Yep he's back. I dont know about the actor. Really anyone could play PH since you dont see PHs face. =P
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

I believe Roberto Camponella is back doing the choreography, so yes, I'd assume he's playing PH again.
Rumble02
Just Passing Through

Post by Rumble02 »

I know they are more obscure but I would really like to to see the a raw shock.
wouldnt mind seeing more of the lying figure either, seemed to skimmed over in the first movie.
The greedy worm would also be intense but maybe to hard to make realalistic.
And I know this sounds weird but to have the butcher show up and go a round or two with the Pyramid Head would be really really cool to watch.
Silent_Storm
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Silent_Storm »

Insane Cancer more than any other.
What's the big deal - Laura