New photos

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

Xev
Historical Society Historian

Re: New photos

Post by Xev »

It totally looks like her.

Thinking about avoiding any more new pics/info for this movie as not to spoil the moment! I feel like Ive already seen too much.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

I was wondering who that actress was, actually? They both look so similar and I was under the impression, for the longest time, it was from this movie.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Dream_Demon wrote:I was wondering who that actress was, actually? They both look so similar and I was under the impression, for the longest time, it was from this movie.
I could've sworn it was just Adelaide Clemens from a different movie, but I could be totally mistaken.
Dream_Demon
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Dream_Demon »

^ It's Ruta Gedmintas and the picture is from the British TV series 'Lip Service'. I actually had a really difficult time in finding that. The resemblance is definitely there though.
Arthemesic

Post by Arthemesic »

Those pics look overall pretty neat. By neat I mean fail, of course. 8)
Victory Of The Soul, Triumph Over Ordeal
theEdge
Just Passing Through

Post by theEdge »

Nathan's drugs! I did not think they would throw in little tidbits like the stores in this. Awesome.
Its my new cologne called 'come to me', doesn't it smell like come to you?
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Once again, it doesn't matter how much the actress LOOKS like the character, it's how she PLAYS her.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

DistantJ wrote:Once again, it doesn't matter how much the actress LOOKS like the character, it's how she PLAYS her.
If Bassett is to be believed, she's great.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I think looks do serve a purpose, though. I wouldn't say someone should be a fucking clone, but they should look remotely like the character, which Adelaide does. I just have a pet peeve over that damn hair, but that's just me. I have no doubt that she'll be great. She seems very down-to-earth, and I like that she actually looks like a human, and not someone promoting being fake (E.g. Megan Fox). If you catch my drift. I also like that she's really trying to get to know her character. That's a plus.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
eeks
Just Passing Through

Post by eeks »

I wonder if they'll do the subtle clothing changing with the environment thing they did with Rhada Mitchell's wardrobe in the first film? I guess it'd be a bit more difficult to do, as Adelaide's clothing isn't of a neutral palette like Rhada's was, but it was a little detail I liked about the first film.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

I deeply hope they are changing the Order's wardrobe. In the first movie it was just awful: everyone wearing the same ripped clothes, ton of powder, demented faces.. They all looked like zombies from the first Resident Evil.
Aerith Gainsborough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDH4yMcl ... re=related

Hey, everyone. Instead of making a new thread, I figured I'd post it here since many people anticipating the movie are checking this thread, and it would be pointless to make another one. The link above is a question and answer session, recording by one of the admins from the Silent Hill Revelation: 3D Facebook page that took place at the special screening of the first Silent Hill film in Toronto. Check it out, guys! It's very hard to make out most of the words, due to the acoustics of the room, but oh well. :)
gomezaddams
Just Passing Through

Post by gomezaddams »

well, that pretty much is definite confirmation Pyramid Head will appear in Revelation as part of the description beneath the video states :Roberto Campanella (Red Pyramid from Silent Hill/Silent Hill: Revelation 3D).
I'm guessing it will basically be the role Valtiel had in the game, maybe?
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Oh god... Silent Hill 3's universe with PH, when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

I already imagine him, walking around, skinning random people. I bet there will be a VincentxHeather sex scene. I will still see this movie but I don't feel excited about it as I was with the first movie.
Aerith Gainsborough

Just because Pyramid Head is in it doesn't mean that Valtiel won't be. Perhaps both monsters will be in the movie and play certain roles that reflect the story. You just never know. I'm sure they're not going to use all the same monsters they did in the first film. Valtiel seems like a huge possibility to me.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Hydra666 wrote:Oh god... Silent Hill 3's universe with PH, when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

I already imagine him, walking around, skinning random people. I bet there will be a VincentxHeather sex scene. I will still see this movie but I don't feel excited about it as I was with the first movie.

It's already sound to use PH, though, since he was Alessa's monster in the first film and the second film still revolves around her.
SilentRobert23
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentRobert23 »

Yuki wrote:
Hydra666 wrote:Oh god... Silent Hill 3's universe with PH, when I thought it couldn't get any worse.

It's already sound to use PH, though, since he was Alessa's monster in the first film and the second film still revolves around her.
Agreed. Within the context of movieverse, Red Pyramid Thing is Alessa's instrument. I wasn't happy about him being used in the first film, but perhaps something interesting can be done here.
country matters
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Gahh I wish I could hear all of what they're saying in this feedback video. Oh well. Though they may not use Valtiel because of Red Pyramid being in it, I still hope to see some other creatures from the SH3 game make an appearance in the movie. It'd still be awesome to see both Red Pyramid and Valtiel, even though I thought Valtiel was kind "meh.." in the games. He could be better in a real life movie, though.

Surely it'd be awesome to see the part where he jumps up and grabs Claudia at the end of the game. Maybe they'll use a variant of that scene...
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Aerith Gainsborough wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDH4yMcl ... re=related

Hey, everyone. Instead of making a new thread, I figured I'd post it here since many people anticipating the movie are checking this thread, and it would be pointless to make another one. The link above is a question and answer session, recording by one of the admins from the Silent Hill Revelation: 3D Facebook page that took place at the special screening of the first Silent Hill film in Toronto. Check it out, guys! It's very hard to make out most of the words, due to the acoustics of the room, but oh well. :)
Wow! That was a great Q&A! I would've definately attended this screening if I knew it was happening, I guess that's what I get for not using Facebook :P

So Nurses confirmed and Pyramid Head confirmed but we already knew that thanks to leaked pics.

Bassett again reiterates that he is trying to take what the first movie did and realign the story and concepts to be like those in the games, including taking the cult aspect of it away from the Christian-looking themes of the first film back towards a more pagan occultic sort, as well as the story as he knows that the burning of Alessa in the first film is not at all what actually occurred in the games. This is also the reason they chose to do Silent Hill 3 instead of Silent Hill 2, for one the producers wanted to make a continuation of the family's story from the first film and resolve it, and also because by getting the films more in line with the games SH2 could be adapted better and in fact it's a stand-alone story so it can be done at any time.

Also interesting to note that Bassett was initially against the idea of shooting the film in 3-D until he began to see it as a visual methaphor for entering an entirely new world or dimension and seeing it as a visual way to further transport the audience there in a manner both immersive and thematic!

I feel more and more optimistic about this film every time I hear news about it! :D

Damn I wish I'd known about that screening! :x
wonder's boy wrote:Gahh I wish I could hear all of what they're saying in this feedback video. Oh well.
It sounds fine to me, but I'm using headphones, try listening to it with headphones.
Aerith Gainsborough

^I wish you had known, too! That way we could all better understand what the heck they're saying and get some more scoop! I'd advise anyone who is interested in keep up-to-date with the movie via video to keep a good eye on that channel and the Silent Hill Revelation: 3D fan page on Facebook if you have one. The admin(s) live in/near Toronto, and have been the primary sources of info besides MJB.