Teaser posters

Discuss the latest about the second Silent Hill Movie

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Teaser posters

Post by DistantJ »

Couldn't find these anywhere on here... Feel free to lock/merge the thread if they have already been posted, I'd be surprised if they haven't...

Some teaser posters for SH: Revelation. Very cool, clearly more understanding of the style of the series than the first film was (as much as I loved it)...

Source: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/45309/ ... elation-3d
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re: Teaser posters

Post by stopped_clock »

Are we sure that these are real? The fact that they both use different typefaces is what's making me think that they may be fan-made.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Aerith Gainsborough
Historical Society Historian

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

^That's why they are called 'teaser posters.' Teaser posters are not official, they are fan art, like you said.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
stopped_clock

Post by stopped_clock »

I don't think that's right. Teaser posters are surely meant to be official, just as teaser trailers are. The point is to tease the viewer with a tiny glimpse of what's to come, you can't do that if you're a fan, because you don't know what's to come.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

Hm, I've always heard fan made posters called teasers, as well. But, I saw those posters early on and I think I remember them being fan made.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Look closely at the second one. It credits the voice actors from SH3. So yeah, I'd say they're fake.
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Teasers don't officially refer to 'fan-made' there are plenty of official teaser posters.

These ones are fake for obvious reasons and because no marketing material for the film has been put out yet aside from set pictures because the movie is still awhile off and for a film of this caliber they won't market anything until they are closer to releasing it because it won't sustain the excitement of some big budget highly anticipated franchise over a long period of time.

Bassett responded on his blog recently:

"The marketing and promotion of the movie is nothing to do with me. I don’t decide when pictures are released or when promo material is broadcast or shared. I can tell you that there were behind the scenes crews filming virtually everything so somewhere there’s hours of that kind of footage. Also, bearing in mind that the movie isn’t going to be ready for at least another 6mths and who knows when it will be actually released after that, there’s very little point in generating buzz now. From a producers point of view, that will fade soon enough and then they’ll have to spend extra effort to reignite interest all over again."
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

jdnation wrote:Teasers don't officially refer to 'fan-made' there are plenty of official teaser posters.

These ones are fake for obvious reasons and because no marketing material for the film has been put out yet aside from set pictures because the movie is still awhile off and for a film of this caliber they won't market anything until they are closer to releasing it because it won't sustain the excitement of some big budget highly anticipated franchise over a long period of time.

"The marketing and promotion of the movie is nothing to do with me. I don’t decide when pictures are released or when promo material is broadcast or shared. I can tell you that there were behind the scenes crews filming virtually everything so somewhere there’s hours of that kind of footage. Also, bearing in mind that the movie isn’t going to be ready for at least another 6mths and who knows when it will be actually released after that, there’s very little point in generating buzz now. From a producers point of view, that will fade soon enough and then they’ll have to spend extra effort to reignite interest all over again."
So from this we are looking at an early 2012 release.....
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:So from this we are looking at an early 2012 release.....
Very likely. I'd guess early April to coincide with the first film's release date, and also because it's a relatively empty period for film's releasing... They'll pick a slot where the film can get the most 3-D capable theaters available.

We could see a teaser trailer and material around Feb. More trailers and official marketing throughout March if the film releases early April.
CrypticIdentity
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by CrypticIdentity »

I think I've seen the second one before, and it's all right, but I love that first one. It has a real 70s vibe to it. And if that's the real title art--that is AWESOME. Is that first one an official poster? "Who am I?" isn't the most evocative tagline they could give it, but I reeeeeeeeeally want that art for "Revelation" to be real--I love that lettering. It's probably not, though.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

jdnation wrote:Teasers don't officially refer to 'fan-made' there are plenty of official teaser posters.

I hope we get even more special features--or a longer making-of--than we did for the original Silent Hill. So so so so much. I loved the making-of there.

I know these are fake, but I do quite like the first poster, except for one thing: the typefaces are different. For some reason, having "Revelation" be in a different typeface than "Silent Hill" bugs me, but I do love using the Halo of the Sun as the O.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Ahh, interesting stuff. They appeared on that site which lead me to believe they might be genuine, but they do look a little 'homebrew' (no, I didn't make these ones this time), particularly the 'Who Am I?' type.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

WHO AM I?
D.R.I!

lol thats the first thing I thought of when I saw that poster.
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

Thank God these are fake! I almost got a stroke.
Hometown
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hometown »

Blatantly fake. The article was also on bloody-disgusting, I messaged the moderator there yesterday about it
[img]http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/5659/sig6ku.gif[/img]
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

The second one is kind of neat, but the first one is not very impressive. And I've never seen a poster where the tagline is larger than the title of the movie :P
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

These are alright, but I'm anticipating the real posters. Assuming these are just fan-made and not real, which I'm about 100% sure they're not. As long as one of the posters is not another giant mouthless face, I'll be happy.

The several posters they created that had RPH, the nurses, the Janitor, Grey Children, and Dahlia (I think that was all of them?) were pretty cool looking, but I just felt the first Silent Hill film was never given a proper poster. Unless I'm somehow overlooking other posters. But anyway, when it came to Alessa's giant, mouthless face, I was just disappointed. It was cool, and since it was a winner of a contest, I can say it's at least well done for a contest poster winner. I felt it portrayed that character of the movie well, and also a central theme/point in the film - a "trapped" soul, so to speak, is mouthless, voiceless...until a mother and her daughter literally crash into Silent Hill.

Anyway, hopefully the first poster we see won't be a closeup of Heather's face much like the US SH3 cover art. Unless it actually looked good in real life. (Sorry fans of the US SH3 cover art.)
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

^
The mouthless Alessa poster was the winning poster in a contest? Wow, any shmo could take a picture of a face and photoshop the mouth away to make a poster. That's just sad. Here's to hoping they hire some REAL talent to design the main poster for Revelation.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

The mouthless alessa poster wasn't the winner. I'm pretty sure it was the one where Rose was walking towards the Welcome to Silent Hill sign in the fog.
wonder's boy

Post by wonder's boy »

Mr.FLOOT wrote:The mouthless alessa poster wasn't the winner. I'm pretty sure it was the one where Rose was walking towards the Welcome to Silent Hill sign in the fog.
Was it really?

Yup, you're right! I thought it was the mouthless Alessa that was the winner. Well, the real winner was a lot better. I can't believe it's been five years since the first one was released. Maybe they'll do another contest for Revelations? I'd try and enter it, that's for sure. We'd just need more pictures, which I'm also not wanting too much more of. I won't deny viewing them, though...heehee. I just don't want to spoil this movie too much for myself through stalking it.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3