Insane Cancer

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AgentX7k
Hope House Careworker

Post by AgentX7k »

Matthew V. Smith wrote: Split Head Dogs - 2 Heads signify the joining of Heather and Alessa as one, Dogs body is bandaged and raw, signifying Alessa's treatment and her awful burns.
In Book of Lost memories they mention that the Pendulum also has 2-heads. Do you think that could have similar meaning to the split-head-dogs? The body is shaped like a Jack/Queen/King from a deck of cards; they share equal body and have a head at each end, since they are mirrored in the middle. While the 2-headed dog symbolises the joining (since it’s head is split an comes together) I reckon the Pendulum could represent the struggled between the two, or perhaps the switching from one to the other, since the body is constantly spinning.
"The Body Is Cold?"
substitute_reality
Just Passing Through

Post by substitute_reality »

I agree with Drewfus. I think it is less about her smoking past and more about the "god" that's growing inside of her.. W00hoo good job drewfus !! :P
[img]http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k227/oi_nat/substitute_reality.jpg[/img]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

it doesn't have anything to do with her smoking past thats just ridicuolus.
Watchdog
Historical Society Historian

Post by Watchdog »

Yes. I highly doubt that the Silent Hill team decided to design a monster to propagate the evils of smoking.
ayajeannebeck
Just Passing Through

Post by ayajeannebeck »

I havent read this entirely though so if this was already said then ignore it...

I think the fat guys are an demonstration of her Ego

Reason: She's a teenager and is full of herself, but when presssured she can break down, or be deflated as how this spesific the monster dies. This monster is also slow to the get go, as she is when she first enters the game dazed and confused.

As for the Insane Cancer, that is the parasite growing inside her, the 'God'

Reason: All babies are techicaly Parasites, feeding off the mother host until born. The God was feeding on Heathers hatered for Claudia and thus growing. Also, the little red tablet *forgot the name* that Heather eats at the end of the game to expell God is suposed to be a cure to any ailment, and a Cancer is a kind of ailment.

:lol:
And amid the cacophany of shreiks and moans,
cries of help and gushing of blood,

silence sang the loudest of all...
Indyjess
Just Passing Through

Post by Indyjess »

All of this conversation brings me back to the feelings I had when I was pregnant.. you truly do feel like there is a foreign being inside of you that is literally sapping all of your energy and sanity away. I remember my whole first trimester that was mostly spent in the bathroom how I almost felt resentful toward my lovely child-to-be.

The fetus is becoming more powerful, like a cancer that's running rampant, because of Heather's need for vengeance and hatred toward Claudia. What would be your mental projection of a being that is going to come to fruition because of your loathing? It sure wouldn't resemble a Cabbage Patch Doll, well, unless those things terrify you like they do some people :shock:
[img]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/cutyjessie/Heathersig.jpg[/img]

Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things.
kingkyde
Just Passing Through

Post by kingkyde »

ayajeannebeck wrote:I havent read this entirely though so if this was already said then ignore it...

Reason: She's a teenager and is full of herself, but when presssured she can break down, or be deflated as how this spesific the monster dies. This monster is also slow to the get go, as she is when she first enters the game dazed and confused.

Reason: All babies are techicaly Parasites, feeding off the mother host until born. The God was feeding on Heathers hatered for Claudia and thus growing. Also, the little red tablet *forgot the name* that Heather eats at the end of the game to expell God is suposed to be a cure to any ailment, and a Cancer is a kind of ailment.

You maybe right!
[img]http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l21/kymondking/c2g2.jpg[/img]
ayajeannebeck
Just Passing Through

Post by ayajeannebeck »

kingkyde wrote:
ayajeannebeck wrote:I havent read this entirely though so if this was already said then ignore it...

You maybe right!
Yay!

I'm actualy a Silent Hill Newbie, 3 was the first of the installments I have played...sadly it scared me and yet I want to play it and the other installments just so I can figure stuff like this out.
And amid the cacophany of shreiks and moans,
cries of help and gushing of blood,

silence sang the loudest of all...
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

Indyjess wrote:The fetus is becoming more powerful, like a cancer that's running rampant, because of Heather's need for vengeance and hatred toward Claudia. What would be your mental projection of a being that is going to come to fruition because of your loathing? It sure wouldn't resemble a Cabbage Patch Doll, well, unless those things terrify you like they do some people :shock:
I like your interpretation a lot. Bravo!
Xigz
Hope House Careworker

Post by Xigz »

Archaeis wrote:Maybe she had a bad experience with a fat guy?
*Cough* Dougless *cough*
[b]I'm constant now, and useful too.
I know my eyes cannot see through.[/b]
Witness420
Just Passing Through

Post by Witness420 »

Could also be that the insane cancer is just the embodiment of a fear of sickness or of sick people and hospitals. Being the second half of Alessa, the memories of being trapped in the hospital eludes to the nurses and could very well pertain to the insane cancer monsters. But the fetal theory is pretty damn good too.
jondude_1991
Just Passing Through

Post by jondude_1991 »

Mabey the way it moves symbolizes time shes got untill the god is born.Just a thought :mrgreen:
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Is this an actual guide/book available for purchase some where?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

In Japan, it came with the Silent Hill 3.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Is this an actual guide/book available for purchase some where?
It's called Silent Hill Chronicles, published only in Japan & in Japanese. TranslatedMemories.com is a fan-made translation of the book, with discrepancies.

>it came with the Silent Hill 3.
No it didn't.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

Wasn't there something like this available with Silent Hill 3 in Japan then?
LaraeGunn
Subway Guard

Post by LaraeGunn »

There was a bundle you could purchase, yes. But that was AGES ago, and it will never, ever happen again.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Well that sucks. Certainly explains the name "Translated" Memories tho lol
shua
Hope House Careworker

Post by shua »

robbie-kun wrote:There was a bundle you could purchase, yes. But that was AGES ago, and it will never, ever happen again.
When the game was released it came with a big booklet called the book of lost memories didn't it? Or something else.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Not to drag this thread out any longer but I'm gonna vote on the theory that they came from her fear of getting cancer from smoking, thus why she "quit for good." And the fact that she meets up with the Insane Cancers before she learns that she's pregnant with the god or whatever.