A dead body?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

asylum_angel
Just Passing Through

A dead body?

Post by asylum_angel »

This is my first post so I looked all over to see if this was talked about, but I guess it hasn't been.
if it has just tell me.

My question is::
When Heathers walking around in the underground pass she goes in a brick room and grabs an empty wine bottle right?

well I can't remember if its in an extra game, but when I go in there Heather says something like
"the body looks like its been crushed, poor thing" or something along those line.
But no matter how I turn the camera I can never see any body. Is there even one there or is she talking about something else?

thanks. :)
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I have often wondered about this, but it might just be a glitch.
I think she says

"with that, then? God, how awful" .. I've always wondered if it was something giant or what. The room's at an odd angle.
Only some of my posts are serious.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Interesting but I never noticed that, if I did I don't really remember. :|
Kerrigan
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Kerrigan »

This topic has been floating around on a couple of different forums, but nobody has been able to really give an answer.

I've camhacked in that room and I've looked all around—no body.

Maybe there was supposed to be a body there, or maybe Heather thinks that there's a body underneath all of that stuff—I don't know.

I'm willing to bet that it's either a glitch or Heather's just seeing something that we can't.
asylum_angel
Just Passing Through

Post by asylum_angel »

a glitch?
yes that was probably it
thanks!
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

If it is where I think it is, then I can see legs.
We are still here...
Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

I remember seeing legs as well...
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
Returbuliz
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Returbuliz »

Was it in the church? Where we found the "hanged man" card?
Not dead which eternal lie, stranger eons death may die
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I, too, distinctly recall the presence of hot, sexy, lickable legs in the dumpster.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Ratiocinator
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ratiocinator »

Using the level viewer, this is the room you're speaking of which shows no legs. However, the level viewer doesn't show all objects (such as dynamic meshes (water) and variable meshes (objects that may or may not appear depending on circumstances)) so their may be a chance those legs are there after all:

Bowl Cat XL
Just Passing Through
Location: Otherworld boiler room, slipping through those frustrating bars

Post by Bowl Cat XL »

MMY wrote:I, too, distinctly recall the presence of hot, sexy, lickable legs in the dumpster.
I know what you mean... rowr.
Ratiocinator wrote:Using the level viewer, this is the room you're speaking of which shows no legs. However, the level viewer doesn't show all objects (such as dynamic meshes (water) and variable meshes (objects that may or may not appear depending on circumstances)) so their may be a chance those legs are there after all:

Hm. It may appear at random. If only we could get a pic of them legs ingame...
Mechanical tender love
Plug in socket wonder drug
Electric action animal grind
Thudthudthud clocks the time
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

It doesn't appear there, ever. There is no magical randomizer for models like that, only, as far as I know, for health drinks and bullets and stuff. There are no legs there, it's just a glitch. Thanks for showing the above-view.

There are bodies, yes, under piles in the subway. I think what she says was supposed to go there.
Only some of my posts are serious.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Can't Heather gain access to the other side, where there is a body? I know she says that about a dead body, and as I said I distinctly remember there being a body for her to comment on.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

I don't think you can get access to the other side of that room. You mean like, behind the wall, another room? Don't think so, this is the room you get the wine bottle in, and I think when you leave it, you go the opposite direction to get out of the large hall that room is in (through the giant metal door) to continue the level.
asylum_angel
Just Passing Through

Post by asylum_angel »

Ratiocinator wrote:Using the level viewer, this is the room you're speaking of which shows no legs. However, the level viewer doesn't show all objects (such as dynamic meshes (water) and variable meshes (objects that may or may not appear depending on circumstances)) so their may be a chance those legs are there after all:

wow!
thats very helpful
she says it everytime for me though.
but yeah, like that picture show theres never anything there.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

Maybe it's a glitch, I remember lookin at a pile of tons of stuff in the subway and seeing legs, but in the underground pass I don't think so, I think it's a glitch.
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

you can clearly see legs

it makes you wonder if it was really an unlucky person killed by the monsters or something (along with the dead woman in the shop)
dezfez
Just Passing Through

Post by dezfez »

Is it where you get the silencer for the handgun? [ie, use the maul to open up the wall?] That's the only area I can think of off the top of my head that has a "squished person in wall". I always thought that was some bizarro-homage to the metal gear solid games, for some reason.

But I could be remembering an entirely different area, or not remember this area correctly at all. it's been aaaages since I've played SH3. :L
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

dezfez wrote:Is it where you get the silencer for the handgun? [ie, use the maul to open up the wall?] That's the only area I can think of off the top of my head that has a "squished person in wall". I always thought that was some bizarro-homage to the metal gear solid games, for some reason.

But I could be remembering an entirely different area, or not remember this area correctly at all. it's been aaaages since I've played SH3. :L
There's a silencer in SH3? Whaaaa?
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

^Yep , though I don't think it has much use.