Monster Mouths

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Ekamp
Just Passing Through

Monster Mouths

Post by Ekamp »

I'm a little short on words, but I have some pictures. Ever noticed a reoccurring element on some monsters in SH2 and 3?

Flesh Lips
Door Man
Closer
Fukuro's manwhore..thing

They all have a veery similar Mouth motive going on here. It's the same mouth on each monster =O

I hope this is discussion worthy...
Kyou
Just Passing Through

Post by Kyou »

It's a called vagina. Or something similarly sexual.
Flesh Lips...
Hmmm... :|
Y hi thar =)
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Vagina? More like vulva.
Like, I understand why these mouth thingies would be in Silent Hill 2, but Idk why they are in 3. Anyone know anymore about this. :mrgreen:
Good topic.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i think it's just something masahiro ito likes to add to his creations. a lot of them have recurring themes.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

angelofROOM302 wrote:Vagina? More like vulva.
Like, I understand why these mouth thingies would be in Silent Hill 2, but Idk why they are in 3. Anyone know anymore about this.
My guess, probably the same reason there are phallic monsters in SH3. Heather's a teenager, that's something teens have on their minds a lot. I'm also willing to bet that she's a virgin.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

why does everyone see the monsters as relating to genitals constantly? it's kind of ridiculous and unimaginative.

sure, some are glaringly obvious, but... come on.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

I agree that seeing everything as sexual symbolism is overdoing it, but let's not forget that SH3's about an unexpected pregnancy that causes complications. :P
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

I figured the vulva/vagina look was a connection to motherhood/giving birth since Heather was carrying a god inside her.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>why does everyone see the monsters as relating to genitals constantly? it's kind of ridiculous and unimaginative.

Not everyone. Not all monsters.

Regarding SH2, the sexual themes are quite understandable.
I EAT GALAXIES FOR BREAKFAST.
eht_dimaryp-daeh
Just Passing Through

Post by eht_dimaryp-daeh »

there was a theory for heather at least about her fear of rape which might have something to do with it? maybe....it's kind of a loose theory...no pun intended.
I don't know why in sh2 but the whole entire series is pretty sexual.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/xlespaul420x/silent_hill_sig_copy.jpg[/img]
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I don't know why in sh2
Maybe you should play the game and get to know more about James personality.

>but the whole entire series is pretty sexual.
The whole entire series is by far focused on sexual themes. SH2 did use lots of sexual themes such as rape, fetischism and sexual frustration to fit with the characters, but for a good reason. If you're thinking of Homecoming and Origins, both the Siam and Twoback monsters were crappy SH2 references, and the excessively exposed nurse cleavages were just ridiculous.
eht_dimaryp-daeh
Just Passing Through

Jonipoon wrote:>I don't know why in sh2
Maybe you should play the game and get to know more about James personality.

>but the whole entire series is pretty sexual.
The whole entire series is by far focused on sexual themes. SH2 did use lots of sexual themes such as rape, fetischism and sexual frustration to fit with the characters, but for a good reason. If you're thinking of Homecoming and Origins, both the Siam and Twoback monsters were crappy SH2 references, and the excessively exposed nurse cleavages were just ridiculous.
I have played the game...james' sexual frustration because of mary and the reason his new version of mary (maria) is trying to hop on him so much (lack of release)...angela's rape...I know...please forgive my offensive sin...my mind slipped for a second.
I didn't even consider the last two games when posting about this subject.
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/xlespaul420x/silent_hill_sig_copy.jpg[/img]
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

The whole entire series is by far focused on sexual themes.
What was sexual about Silent Hill 4?
I figured the vulva/vagina look was a connection to motherhood/giving birth since Heather was carrying a god inside her.
I was thinking about that too! But, I don't see that giving birth as like, sexual. So it's just weird.
i think it's just something masahiro ito likes to add to his creations. a lot of them have recurring themes.
Yeah, I agree with this answer!8)

Lol, sorry I quoted you three.
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>I have played the game...james' sexual frustration because of mary and the reason his new version of mary (maria) is trying to hop on him so much (lack of release)...angela's rape...I know...please forgive my offensive sin...my mind slipped for a second.

You know, you don't need to explain the whole game to convince me that you've played it.

>I didn't even consider the last two games when posting about this subject.
Deliberately, you did by saying "the whole series".
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>I was thinking about that too! But, I don't see that giving birth as like, sexual. So it's just weird.
It is sexual, you do that to become pregnant, or not. But in some cases Birth = Holy.

I always tought that the Flesh Lips mouth was a vagina or something like that, also I don't see that many "sexual monsters" in SH3... Maybe the closers and the nurses, but that's about it.
eht_dimaryp-daeh
Just Passing Through

Jonipoon wrote:>I have played the game...james' sexual frustration because of mary and the reason his new version of mary (maria) is trying to hop on him so much (lack of release)...angela's rape...I know...please forgive my offensive sin...my mind slipped for a second.

You know, you don't need to explain the whole game to convince me that you've played it.

>I didn't even consider the last two games when posting about this subject.
Deliberately, you did by saying "the whole series".
...ohhh man, you got me pretty good there...I'll just make it a point from now on to not post with someone who'll rag on me for slipping up with my words and leaving out minor details. even when IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL lol. do feel accomplished now? "yes"
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

I was making an argument. Don't be so dramatic.
eht_dimaryp-daeh
Just Passing Through

Well I mean, what was there to argue in the first place since we were both agreeing that the games are sexual?
Jonipoon
Subway Guard

Post by Jonipoon »

>we were both agreeing that the games are sexual?
No, you said "the whole series is sexual", and I replied "They are not". That's it.

Now, lets move on and skip this unnecessary chat. PM me if you want to instead.
eht_dimaryp-daeh
Just Passing Through

Jonipoon wrote:>we were both agreeing that the games are sexual?
No, you said "the whole series is sexual", and I replied "They are not". That's it.

Now, lets move on and skip this unnecessary chat. PM me if you want to instead.
Alright, noted...in refrence to the later games...just the nurses' boobs and everything like you said. A sexual theme that are throughout the games
lol I agree. Best arguement you've made yet.