What does Heather see after God is defeated?

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: What does Heather see after God is defeted?

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's not really a time cycle, it's a spiritual cycle of rebirth. But it sort of ends with Heather since God isn't in her anymore.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

I'm from Greece and I don't speak English as articulated as you do.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, but we are actually talking about the same thing.
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
QuartzCrystal2233
Just Passing Through

Post by QuartzCrystal2233 »

when i saw the making of sh3 i thought that the crying baby was just a random sound effect, but if it is not ... then i think is claudia reborn because it is said in the game that she has this strange powers as alessa...
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

QuartzCrystal2233 wrote:when i saw the making of sh3 i thought that the crying baby was just a random sound effect, but if it is not ... then i think is claudia reborn because it is said in the game that she has this strange powers as alessa...
The baby crying wasn't included in the final game, so it's not canon. But if it were canon I think you'd be spot on. God made Heather/reincarnated Alessa in SH1, so why wouldn't she attempt to reincarnate anyone else who was successfully* used as the Mother of God? Even if Claudia wasn't supposed to be the Mother, and even if her time in that role was short, I think God could have done exactly that.

*Technically they were successful. It was simply someone else's actions after the birth that ruined everything.
QuartzCrystal2233
Just Passing Through

Post by QuartzCrystal2233 »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:
QuartzCrystal2233 wrote:when i saw the making of sh3 i thought that the crying baby was just a random sound effect, but if it is not ... then i think is claudia reborn because it is said in the game that she has this strange powers as alessa...
The baby crying wasn't included in the final game, so it's not canon. But if it were canon I think you'd be spot on. God made Heather/reincarnated Alessa in SH1, so why wouldn't she attempt to reincarnate anyone else who was successfully* used as the Mother of God? Even if Claudia wasn't supposed to be the Mother, and even if her time in that role was short, I think God could have done exactly that.

*Technically they were successful. It was simply someone else's actions after the birth that ruined everything.
yeah it's possible and it would be an interesting game sequel.
as you say technically they were successful, i agree. And the aglophotis ruined things too.
nothingbut3%
Just Passing Through

Post by nothingbut3% »

I personally don't think Claudia was reborn. I think Heather was just looking in despair of what had just happened.

This part of the game was a little ridiculous: when Heather takes the pill of aglaophotis I mean. And I didn't really like the final cutscene either, but don't get me wrong, I love this game and these minor setbacks are far outweighed by the good things about this game.

But... When Claudia says "I WILL BIRTH GOD!!" and eats the god fetus, and goes all epileptic AHAAHAHGHAAAa it was just ridiculous. I know it's just a game ok, but I don't think someone can swallow something whole that is that large. And even if the god could survive this weird artificial pregnancy thing because of its power, a woman's uterus isn't connected to the stomach and digestive tract. Really when Heather takes the pill she couldn't have possibly puked up the fetus and Claudia would have just turned the god or demon fetus into shit. It would have made more sense, if when Heather took the pill, if it just killed the evil baby inside her. I understand that this would ruin the game because then you couldn't fight the boss but it's just really freaking weird and absurd. Maybe that's not bad, because I like weird things I just felt a need to rant on this.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

nothingbut3% wrote:I personally don't think Claudia was reborn. I think Heather was just looking in despair of what had just happened.

This part of the game was a little ridiculous: when Heather takes the pill of aglaophotis I mean. And I didn't really like the final cutscene either, but don't get me wrong, I love this game and these minor setbacks are far outweighed by the good things about this game.

But... When Claudia says "I WILL BIRTH GOD!!" and eats the god fetus, and goes all epileptic AHAAHAHGHAAAa it was just ridiculous. I know it's just a game ok, but I don't think someone can swallow something whole that is that large. And even if the god could survive this weird artificial pregnancy thing because of its power, a woman's uterus isn't connected to the stomach and digestive tract. Really when Heather takes the pill she couldn't have possibly puked up the fetus and Claudia would have just turned the god or demon fetus into shit. It would have made more sense, if when Heather took the pill, if it just killed the evil baby inside her. I understand that this would ruin the game because then you couldn't fight the boss but it's just really freaking weird and absurd. Maybe that's not bad, because I like weird things I just felt a need to rant on this.
I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be fucking A if Heather actually got the Fetus out of her vagina, like giving birth and shit, and then Claudia put it back in her the same way?
But I guess video games do not have the same freedom as animation and movies to show such a thing, even if the good parts are covered. Too bad.

Anyway, the whole thing is pretty much symbolic, doesn't have to make much sense, at least in the psychical world.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And even if the god could survive this weird artificial pregnancy thing because of its power, a woman's uterus isn't connected to the stomach and digestive tract. Really when Heather takes the pill she couldn't have possibly puked up the fetus and Claudia would have just turned the god or demon fetus into shit.
The God isn't literally in her uterus, dude. It's a spirit that was placed in her mind, basically. Therefore it can come in and out of a person without having to adhere to biology.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
nothingbut3%
Just Passing Through

Post by nothingbut3% »

Ok then, well that fixes everything.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>even if the good parts are covered. Too bad.<
During birth, there are no good parts.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

The Adversary wrote:>even if the good parts are covered. Too bad.<
Oh really :D ?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

AnastasisXD wrote:
So, you have some weird childbirth fetish and get off on watching the baby's head squeeze out and potentially rip apart the vagina? :shock:
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

AnastasisXD wrote:
Really. Watch a video of a live birth and see for yourself. They're out there.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

alone in the town wrote:
AnastasisXD wrote:
Really. Watch a video of a live birth and see for yourself. They're out there.
Dude, stop acting like I was just born yesterday.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Weren't you? I thought I recognized you from that birth video. ;)
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
46n2
Just Passing Through

Post by 46n2 »

AuraTwilight wrote:
And even if the god could survive this weird artificial pregnancy thing because of its power, a woman's uterus isn't connected to the stomach and digestive tract. Really when Heather takes the pill she couldn't have possibly puked up the fetus and Claudia would have just turned the god or demon fetus into shit.
The God isn't literally in her uterus, dude. It's a spirit that was placed in her mind, basically. Therefore it can come in and out of a person without having to adhere to biology.
While I certainly agree with you Aura, I must confess to finding the last few cutscenes kinda funny.
Claudia: "You have to birth the God Alessa! "
Heather: *pukes up fetus*
Claudia: *Shrugs* "Best laid plans, eh?" *Eats fetus*
mikefile
Gravedigger

Post by mikefile »

I had no problem with the last scenes. They were kind of epic (in a strange, creepy way) if you ask me.
AnastasisXD wrote:I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be fucking A if Heather actually got the Fetus out of her vagina, like giving birth and shit, and then Claudia put it back in her the same way?
But I guess video games do not have the same freedom as animation and movies to show such a thing, even if the good parts are covered. Too bad.
Although you were just kidding (were you?) it still wouldn't work 'cause the puking thing was symbolic. If God had been squeezed out through her vagina it would mean it was fully born. And it would mean she gave birth to it. But the truth is.. that she didn't. She repelled it. She puked it out like after having a really disgusting meal. So.. squeezing through the vagina--> natural birth to a completely healthy child (or God); puking-->repelling that distigusting shit out of you.
46n2
Just Passing Through

Post by 46n2 »

mikefile wrote:I had no problem with the last scenes. They were kind of epic (in a strange, creepy way) if you ask me.
AnastasisXD wrote:I just thought of something. Wouldn't it be fucking A if Heather actually got the Fetus out of her vagina, like giving birth and shit, and then Claudia put it back in her the same way?
Although you were just kidding (were you?) it still wouldn't work 'cause the puking thing was symbolic. If God had been squeezed out through her vagina it would mean it was fully born. And it would mean she gave birth to it. But the truth is.. that she didn't. She repelled it. She puked it out like after having a really disgusting meal. So.. squeezing through the vagina--> natural birth to a completely healthy child (or God); puking-->repelling that distigusting shit out of you.
The puking was surely symbolic, but vaginal passage of a fetus =/= healthy baby. Stillborn babies and mis-carriages also come from there.

And I don't think Claudia was necessarily reborn. Would have been interesting though.
SHF

Post by SHF »

Personally, I thought she looks back to Alessa God's corpse. Maybe she's just relieved its over or something.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

I would like to think that it is perhaps what people mentioned before and that since Claudia birthed the God, not Heather, she is reincarnated as a baby by God to bring in the birthing process over and over. That would be really interesting, but I don't think Heather would leave a baby all alone in that room with a dead God...unless her inner Alessa is telling her, "Do you really want this all to happen again? Forget the kid. Let's go to Happy Burger, I'm starved!"
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.