Decapitated Mannequin

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

1337_cait
Just Passing Through

Post by 1337_cait »

Hahaha, heck yes. 8D I love this icon to bits! I'm not the brilliant creator though *found it on photobucket* Kudos to them 8D
SHACKled89451
Gravedigger

Post by SHACKled89451 »

1337_cait wrote:Man, I actually saw this part before I got to it. Oh the awesomeness that is youtube. xD Not to say I didn't soil myself, cause i totally did. When I got to the room I knew what was coming but still.

Why spoil it for yourself by watching it on youtube before you play it? One of the greatest aspects of the SH series is not knowing whats around the corner..... :roll:
revalations 23:16
l33tspaniard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by l33tspaniard »

I squealed like a pig, left the room (in game) then took a few minutes to gather my wits and went back in (because I was SO sure there was a key there now). After I saw the head I lost it again >.< Now I load that up whenever someone watches me. XD
verychillyicemilk
Hope House Careworker

Post by verychillyicemilk »

I think i got quite a fright, and then had to leave because i was so disturbed at Heather's comment about the blood.
https://soundcloud.com/conor_hedley
http://conor-hedley.tumblr.com/
fluffyrules
Just Passing Through

Post by fluffyrules »

I watched Cloud's walkthrough before I played SH3, but I was wearing headphones so when the mannequin screamed I jumped and hollered. Later in the game, before he entered the room with the Katana, he said, "Wanna know what's in here?" I literally shouted out-loud, "NO!" and paused the video 'cause I was afraid it was another mannequin-style suprise. :lol:

And the falling dude in the Haunted Mansion? Well, I'd read the comments b4 hand and slowly paused and unpaused the video repeptedly till he fell. When I had my friend play it late at night, I shut off all the lights first and fell over laughing when she screamed. :twisted:
It's Not Lupus
Just Passing Through

Post by It's Not Lupus »

I about pissed my pants with the mannequin. And yeah, the falling body in the Haunted Mansion scared the hell out of me too.
Death to Videodrome! Long live the New Flesh!
Arcturus
Just Passing Through

Post by Arcturus »

Ah yes, I recall the shrieking mannequin. It startled me when it happened, and I was equally disturbed when it's head was on the floor with blood everywhere.

It's time I play through Silent Hill 3 again.
k0n0k0
Just Passing Through

Post by k0n0k0 »

I remember this. It was the first time me and my bro we were playing it. And here at home we have kinda of a rule... you only can play Silent Hill games at night. So we were in his bedroom playing and we were in the mannequin room... and we got so scared... we just got all like this :shock: and all white haha it was amazing!
WisHouse
Just Passing Through

Post by WisHouse »

Ahh that level is soo amusing XD
The scream and th headless mannequin freak me out,actually it was the scream,I always get scare with the noise...
Those fatsos in the ballet room,ironic hu? XD
Fear of blood tends to create fear for the flesh!!?
somatotonia
Just Passing Through

Post by somatotonia »

After not only crossing the "jaded" line, but leaping across it with reckless abandon, not much surprises or appalls you. This, though, scared the bejeezus out of me.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/8/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/8/Silent_Hill.gif[/img]
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/jellofudgepops.gif[/img]
[i]They said alreety and they was alrighty and I was a zomby for you, little lady.[/i]
RiceDaddy7
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by RiceDaddy7 »

I thought it was cheesy and below the Silent Hill standard.
somatotonia
Just Passing Through

Post by somatotonia »

RiceDaddy7 wrote:I thought it was cheesy and below the Silent Hill standard.
A cheap scare, I admit, and well below the usual psychological, subconscious terror that the series set the standard for, but peppered among the general feeling of high tension experienced in, especially, 3, I think it serves to amplify, and almost spike that tension, albeit momentarily.

At least it did for me.
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/8/3.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.usersigs.com/site/./data/media/8/Silent_Hill.gif[/img]
[img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/jellofudgepops.gif[/img]
[i]They said alreety and they was alrighty and I was a zomby for you, little lady.[/i]
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I thought it was cheesy and below the Silent Hill standard.
Except there have always been sudden loud noises and such. It happened in 1 and 2, and it happened with the mannequin in 3. The games must dip below the Silent Hill standard pretty often.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Furby_Killer
Just Passing Through

Post by Furby_Killer »

1 person with me: Big bro
The "eeeee" sound was a lil' funny but when we investigated it, I told my bro: "Get the hell outta there!" to which came the reply: "No need to ask."

SP Stan's father: That startled me.
XD
Naughty Nurses
Gravedigger

Post by Naughty Nurses »

"I thought it was cheesy and below the Silent Hill standard."
Oh, that's just 'cuz it scared the poopy out of you. :P Jokes, jokes.

It really did scare me at first, then it made me laugh, I think it was a good tension breaker, maybe it was supposed to be just that, idk.
It would have been terrifying had there been something in the room (monster) when you went back in.
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Stanley gave me a good scare O_O Jump scares get me every time, though.

As far as the mannequin, I found it pretty creepy. Not because the mannequin was bleeding, but because it left me wondering, "What else is there, where is it, and is it going to get me?"
Happy Burger
Just Passing Through

Post by Happy Burger »

this was my favorite moment in the whole game, i remember just staring and being all like D: .............. if you ask me i think silent hill needs more cheap scares like that. (but not TOO many or else it'll turn into resident evil)
skinthesun1251
Just Passing Through

Post by skinthesun1251 »

I'm pretty sure I screamed like a little girl when that happened.

Followed shortly by some panicked katana flailing.
Fargo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Fargo »

To me, this was an event that I found to be more disturbing than scary, and it kept me thinking that there's something, or someone out there, you just can't see it, but it's there... pretty much like a mindf#ck kinda thing that worked like a charm :)
MooseFlanagan
Just Passing Through

Post by MooseFlanagan »

Gah, this was the second scariest "jump scare" in the entire series (first being SH2's prison bathroom, of course). I won't lie; whenever I'm replaying SH3 now I always skip that room. Danny in the Borley Haunted Mansion doesn't get to me any more, though; Stanley Coleman, however, definitely does. I love Brookhaven in this game and yet I hate it for the same reason. I was expecting a big confrontation with Stanley at some point, where he's a monster or something, but the fact that it never happens makes it all the more creepy.
"So what if the world hands me a pile of shit? I'll comb through it for the corn. I'll dodge enemy bullets by a hair's breadth. I'll slaughter Mimics with a single blow. If Rita Vrataski is a goddess on the battlefield, I'll watch and learn until I can match her kill for kill. I have all the time in the world. Nothing better to do. Who knows? Maybe something will change. Or maybe I'll find a way to take this fucking world and piss in its eye. Only time will tell."