Is it just me, or...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

Aphorah

Is it just me, or...

Post by Aphorah »

Wow, I stopped playing SH3 about an hour ago, and I can't get the sounds out of my head. They're haunting me :shock:

I was just wondering how others felt about the audio from this SH as opposed to the rest of the games. To me, the sounds/ music are scarier... really adds to the fright factor of the game if you ask me.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I thought this thread was going to be about how Valtiel looks like a vagina. . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Aphorah

Post by Aphorah »

Oh wow. That was amazing. :P

I haven't come across that part of the game yet so I wouldn't know. Maybe I should've thought about the thread name a little longer...

While we're on the topic though, who/what is Valtiel?
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>. . .who/what is Valtiel?

Valtiel
A Valtiel For Everyone
Valtiel: Simple Valet, or something more?
Valtiel and Metatron
Valtiel and the nurses

People who can use the search button and the Quicklinks are awesome.
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

I thought the audio was pretty terrible in this game, in terms of the radio. The background music seemed too overpowering to me, and it responded to the threats around you just like the radio, making the latter null and void.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
CursedxDoom
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by CursedxDoom »

St. Thomas wrote: I thought this thread was going to be about how Valtiel looks like a vagina. . . .
Only if you look at it from the side.

Anyways, I've seen other people play SH3, and I thought the audio was subpar compared to SH2. It's not terrible, it's just not the best. SH2 had the best sounds in the best possible places, at least IMO. I'm looking to play SH3 for myself one of these days, and maybe I'll see things differently.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

i like the sound effects/music a lot, possibly because SH3 was the first one in the series i played. they sound more "metallic" (as in the material) to me than the other games, if that makes sense.
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

St. Thomas wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about how Valtiel looks like a vagina. . . .
What, don't laugh, this game is full of metaphor. And afterall, Heather is supposed to be
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
preganent
and stuff. They totally looks like her vagina, even if none of you think it is, it has to be. Why don't you guys get it!

So... there's penis in SH2, vaginas in SH3, umbilical cord in SH4... so, I predict there's a pubic hair monster in SHV.

:P
macrodeath
Just Passing Through

Post by macrodeath »

sorata wrote:
St. Thomas wrote:I thought this thread was going to be about how Valtiel looks like a vagina. . . .
What, don't laugh, this game is full of metaphor. And afterall, Heather is supposed to be
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
preganent
and stuff. They totally looks like her vagina, even if none of you think it is, it has to be. Why don't you guys get it!

So... there's penis in SH2, vaginas in SH3, umbilical cord in SH4... so, I predict there's a pubic hair monster in SHV.

:P
In the Silent Hill 5, the main character has suppressed he's homosexuality, so it's very likely that we're gonna get to see some assholes around the town. :twisted:
Ayu
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Ayu »

dr10star wrote:It was like a retorical question "rocket scientist"! A funny remark. But it's obvious that you lack humor. But I think I know why maybe your penis is shaped like the pyramid head, maybe maybe not. But I guess thats not IMPORTANT!
Dude. You're obviously not capable of handling this maturely. You're just making a fool out of yourself right now, so just... walk away. Now.

Quit while you're ahead.

And sometimes that happens with whatever game I play if I play it for a few hours straight. It wears off much quicker than that though. But, I did used to have a much harder time with classical music... I used to hear it hours after I'd listened to it... So that's possible.
[url=http://sejant.deviantart.com/][img]http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y97/NightElves/dance-5.gif[/img][/url]
The 8th Aspect
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by The 8th Aspect »

>I thought this thread was going to be about how Valtiel looks like a vagina. . . .
I almost fell out of my chair laughing so hard.

>Maybe I should've thought about the thread name a little longer...
You know you can modify it yourself.

>What, don't laugh, this game is full of metaphor.
I think Tom was referring to the thread in SH2 with a similar name and poking fun.

>There isn't an answer for that. Because it's not important.
Exactly! Can we please stay on topic.
[i]I am[/i] one of Christian's most [i]awesome[/i] Peeps.

[url=http://silenthillforum.com/faq.php#1]SHHF FAQs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=122]Sig/Avatar Restrictions[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=70]Request Avatars and Sigs[/url] | [url=http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=249]SHHF Guidelines[/url]
Aphorah

Post by Aphorah »

It's amazing how well these threads stay on topic. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the links JuriDawn, very helpful.

As for the origional topic, I like to think of the audio (backround noises such as one's when you enter a new hall, and the monster sounds) from SH3 as kind of an assault to the senses... it's pretty unexpected and loud at certain points, and I think that it partly makes Silent Hill what it is. Of course everyone has their own reaction to everything and this is simply my opinion.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

I've removed the off-topic and insulting chatter--please, guys, don't let it get to that point again. Don't think that just because mods can remove the posts means you can get away with it. There really is no need for it and like I said it's not acceptable.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
crucifix

Post by crucifix »

macrodeath wrote:In the Silent Hill 5, the main character has suppressed he's homosexuality, so it's very likely that we're gonna get to see some assholes around the town. :twisted:
where was that said?
no longer active. thanks for the memories.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

It wasn't. It's intended to be a joke based on my post and the others.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Smoky
Just Passing Through

Post by Smoky »

I find that the audio of SH3 stays in my head more than that of any of the other games. It just worms its way into my head and stays there a while after I turn off the console -- I go to bed and fall half asleep and those sounds will be in my head. That hasn't happened to me with any of the other games.
Listen, all I want out of life is for my bank account to have 58,008 dollars in it, so that when I read my statement upside down, it says "BOOBS".
sorata
Gravedigger

Post by sorata »

The 8th Aspect wrote:>What, don't laugh, this game is full of metaphor.
I think Tom was referring to the thread in SH2 with a similar name and poking fun.
HAHA Oh, 8th, I was joking too. If you check, I replied to the SH2 post first and then saw St. Thomas. Couldn't help to be a bit sarcastic. :D
Aphorah

Post by Aphorah »

Smoky wrote:I find that the audio of SH3 stays in my head more than that of any of the other games. It just worms its way into my head and stays there a while after I turn off the console -- I go to bed and fall half asleep and those sounds will be in my head. That hasn't happened to me with any of the other games.
That's exactly what it is for me... thus why I said the "haunting" thing. No other game has done that for me except for SH4 during the movie that plays at the title screen. I'm not sure of the name of the song, but I think it's amazing. The other game is Zelda: Majora's mask. The music from it is so happy ^_^
Fredrick2003
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fredrick2003 »

The audio for SH3 is beautiful.

I know it was designed to be "scary" but I guess it just doesn't really have that effect on me :(.
Wayward Soul
Gravedigger
Location: Purgatory. Neither Heaven nor Hell will accept me to their Kingdom Gates.

Post by Wayward Soul »

I find myself to more on edge, like somthing is going to get if not careful. And I really freak out about sounds at night.
[url=http://robb-wayward.deviantart.com/][color=blue]Some walk on the path of Light[/url][/color]
[url=http://youtube.com/user/RobbWayward][color=red]Some walk on the path of Dark[/url][/color]

I shall walk on both paths.