Is it just me, or...

Heather finds out why it's true that you shouldn't talk to strangers. Or look in mirrors, quite honestly.

Moderator: Moderators

KeysofDeath
Just Passing Through

Post by KeysofDeath »

Well yeah the music ,in my opinion, is very realistic and brings the ambience out and enhances not just the gameplay but also the sense of reality of the scenario depednig on where you are

But just throwing this out there
Who has Played Silent Hill 3 with a BOSE system or Hi Quality Sound Speakers? :shock:
Travelng at the Speed of Dark
Stained Purgatorial Alter

Post by Stained Purgatorial Alter »

Krist. wrote:I thought the audio was pretty terrible in this game, in terms of the radio. The background music seemed too overpowering to me, and it responded to the threats around you just like the radio, making the latter null and void.
I can't say the audio was terrible, but in some hallways (example, hallway full of Slurpers before the room with the soda machine) the music gets so friggin' loud that I can't even hear the radio! I don't remember the music being that way in the original SH. I'm thinking of turning the music way... way down next time I play.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

I've noticed the BGM has gotten more "musical" in every game... SH 3 has beautiful melodies and songs but I didn't feel so stressing the noisy music like the one in 1 (Specially at the dark school and hospital)... Anyway this game has the most perturbing scenes for me, my mind wasn't affected by the music but I just can't pull out from my brain the hand in the window, the wheelchair across that invisible wall, the nurses of valtiel, that laughing mouth, the ganging big dummy with the little doll near to the wheelchair with the little doll... The scary sound didn't affect me so much but the visual really creep me out... You can feel that girl's ****pain everywhere...
The Procrastinator
Just Passing Through

Post by The Procrastinator »

I thought that SH3 had some excellent ambient audio during non-combat gameplay, really helping create an eerie atmosphere.
On the other hand, the "music" during combat was extremely nerve-wracking, in a very annoying way.
This, combined with the incessant howls and shrieks of the Splitheads and Pendulums often made me litterally throw Heather into a nearby chasm.
And, like Krist. mentioned earlier, the noise that the radio makes hardly even resembles static. Not that I'd use it, anyway. I never do.
We entered Winter once again
Naked, freezing from my breath
Neath the lid all limbs tucked away
This coffin is your abode from now
and onwards
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

The audio is great, I really love the song "I want love studio remix".
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

I found the audio in SH3 to be incredible, but so is the rest of the series... well mabey not SH4.
I mean the sound of SH1 was so good that it totally outweighs the visuals. In fact when I listen to the soundtrack I always remember the visuals being better due to the quality of the sound.

I would say that as an overall experience I did find SH3 the most demented.
serek
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by serek »

Two things really stand out from audio from SH3: the sound of Valtiel turning the valves, and the wheezing, laboured breath of the nurses.

The sound of the valves is one of the eeriest sounds in the game, and it doesn't help that every time you hear it, you know something bad is coming up.
Why do you complain of your fate when you could so easily change it?
-Marquis de Sade
Seal of Megatron
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Seal of Megatron »

I really hate the sound the pendulums make, it goes through me like spicy food. Although i love the vid of Heather singing the theme song
Who's the man? Me!!
PrinceOfDarkness
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PrinceOfDarkness »

I would have to agree that Silent Hill 3 holds the creepiest and most beautiful audio aut of all the games to date. :D By far my favourite game in the series, it's more disturbing, more creepy, and if you're a 16 year old boy playing it for the first time, and your undignified enough to say this...Heather is pretty damn hot! :twisted: :wink:
http://www.animephilosopher.com/darktreyfox/images/signature023.gif
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

So, you're 16 years old, huh?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

Sounds/music is great.

The voice acting is as equally bad as Resident Evil 1 original.
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

No, it really.. really isn't. The original RE is a freshly laid turd--SH3 isn't really all that bad and I don't see how you could come to this conclusion. May I ask that you elaborate further?
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

lbsword wrote:Sounds/music is great.

Are you F'ing kidding me? I'm seriously at a loss for words right now. Plus I probly can't swear as much as I want to.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Breaka
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Breaka »

LanceS133 wrote:
lbsword wrote:Sounds/music is great.

Are you F'ing kidding me? I'm seriously at a loss for words right now. Plus I probly can't swear as much as I want to.
Yeah I totally agree. That's some of the most convincing acting I've ever heard in a game. It's very well produced, the right emotion, not corney, very beliveable. What more do you want?
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Maybe s/he's thinking of Silent Hill.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Adrasteia
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Adrasteia »

Must be. 3 was quite good. Light-years better than "Radio? What's going on with that radio?" I half-expected "All your base are belong to us" in that one.
Nurse Yorda
Just Passing Through

Re: Is it just me, or...

Post by Nurse Yorda »

Aphorah wrote:Wow, I stopped playing SH3 about an hour ago, and I can't get the sounds out of my head. They're haunting me :shock:

I was just wondering how others felt about the audio from this SH as opposed to the rest of the games. To me, the sounds/ music are scarier... really adds to the fright factor of the game if you ask me.
I will agree that the sounds, the first time experiencing them in and out of play were both melodic and disturbing. I was terrified of them, originally but eventually, after replaying the game twice and a third time, found both the background music and soundtrack to be beautiful and terribly haunting. I loved it and appreciated it for the effects that it had on me. There is one, though, that I can't get over is the sound effect of boiling or bubbling/gurgling liquid after running in the last area of the underground of the chapel. I'm not sure if anyone else has heard the disgusting, stomach churning sound but it occurs a little before or around the time when you are near or about to completing the tarot card puzzle. As you run past the pendulums and elevator, you see the walls girating with black gunk that is accompanied by a horrible gurgle that makes me feel sick to my stomach. Otherwise, the games melodies, sound effects and music are truly a master piece. I love the sound of the scraping metal, it makes my heart race but then it forces me into a sort of determination. Heh, I must sound strange complimenting such noises. Well, that's all for my rant. I simply love it.
Your signature exceeds the forums limits of 580x100 pixels. Please resize it.
misskatonic
Just Passing Through

Post by misskatonic »

The sounds of SH3 were beautifully chilling and disturbing, and the background music matches the mood wonderfully. My only complaint is that in a lot of places in the very dramatic or 'frightening' areas, the background noises are too overpowering. Sometimes when I was playing, it blotted out or blended in with the radio to where I couldn't hear the static at all.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v197/ladyfeylene/backgrounds/sh4sig.jpg[/img]
alessas angel
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by alessas angel »

^I even thought the sounds of 4 were good. Sure, Henry is slow, but the acting was good
Life changes daily so go with it!
Alessyl
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Alessyl »

I absolutely adore the soundtrack. And I liked the sounds from what I've actually played of the game, very creepy.
Are you still following me? Do I have to scream? ~Heather