Scariest Moment of the Game

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Warpath
Just Passing Through

Scariest Moment of the Game

Post by Warpath »

What was your scariest moment when playing through this game? Mine was when I was roaming the streets, completing side quests and what not, and I came across a basement. Inside the basement was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
random noises such as a woman crying. That really freaked me out, but the part that really caught me off guard was when I came back to the basement from downstairs, the crying stopped and the door to the noises was open. I literally shit myself :D
Anyways, what was your most scariest moment throughout the game?
Some fear death, others pray for it...
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

Re: Scariest Moment of the Game

Post by Lafayette_Reynolds »

I was at the back of the house where you needed to lower the ladder with the long hook weapon, I heard a noise and I just thought it was one of those random background noises meant to make you feel uneasy. So I turned around and it took me 5 seconds to realize a Screamer was standing right there in my face, but I couldnt tell because it really blended in with the background. I havent gasped so loud in a game in years.
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Post by Dark Shadow »

The Gramophone side quest freaked me out, mainly
at the end when the ghost of the father appears right in front of you attacking.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

That sidequest was pretty intense. When something in a room changes, like the music or the mood, even when there's no monsters around I just get anxious and want to leave, but I know I have to finish the mission. Something I thought Vatra did very well.
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

I'm finding little things, like the door slamming behind you, are pretty unnerving. As far as monsters go, the Dolls scare the crap out of me. There's just something wrong about them. My first scare, though, happened before the game even began. The thunk noise that accompanies that Vatra logo made me jump out of my seat.
Lafayette_Reynolds
Just Passing Through

The Vatra logo always gets me no matter how many times I start up the game :P
TEARO
Just Passing Through

Post by TEARO »

Scariest moment of the game, so far, to me is
the Cinema side quest.. Pretty much just when I went into the first movie.. I was just shocked and didn't understand what was going on. Being in a movie suddenly made me feel a lot more vulnerable.
Herr Shaun
Gravedigger

Post by Herr Shaun »

For me, it was either:
The optional house in which you find your first pistol, and run into your first Doll encounter. You don't have the UV light yet so you're basically in pitch blackness swinging wildly in the dark as you slowly take damage.
or:
Walking through Devil's Pit with only the lighter. Having to zoom yourself in like that, obscuring your vision and leaving you vulnerable to attack, made me extra cautious and nervous.
You've got your good things, and I've got mine.
Axel_98
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Axel_98 »

Devil's pit was by far the creepiest part of the game. For jump scares though, there's a part in the orphanage where you walk out a door and BOOM weeping bat -.- almost peed myself
~The Bird of Hermes is My Name; Eating My Wings to Make Me Tame~
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

As a whole, the scares I got were less in-your-face and more a slow, creeping sensation. Which is what we SH fans should love.
What really got me loving this game was how creeped out I was exploring the town. This game IMO has the best exploration of the series..hate all you want. It would start to rain and I'd get a little uneasy... and then the STORMS!! Love it.
The exploration in this game is probably why I liked it so much. The first couple SH games had great exploration and a lot of ya probably like SH2's better just because it's SH2, but you gotta admit the atmosphere, the freedom, and the sidequests were all awesome in the town.
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
TANK
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by TANK »

i am going to say the orphanage when you have to put on the play. when you first enter the scene and eveything changes to a real world was very very very well done. It was the best nerve wrecking part of the game for me.
It's a world of someone's nightmarish dillusions come to life.
Falconv1.0
Gravedigger

Post by Falconv1.0 »

Herr Shaun wrote:For me, it was either:
The optional house in which you find your first pistol, and run into your first Doll encounter. You don't have the UV light yet so you're basically in pitch blackness swinging wildly in the dark as you slowly take damage.
I LOVED that scene, but uh, not the first pistol, there's a hidden one early on that's part of a cool scene.
Walk in and there's a dead dog on the bed, suddenly you get screamed at, that kinda freaked me out. Honestly in general I loooved the first few hours way more than the rest of the game. The way he seemed scared also really added to it.
Your weaboo is showing
ebolasupermonky
Just Passing Through

Post by ebolasupermonky »

Scariest for me was in the Devils Pit
On the train when it stops and the miners start coming at you
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
If you agree, add it to your sig.
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

So many scary moments in that game. For me, it was probably when you're in Overlook and...
You open the security gate and you turn around to see all of these prisoners holding weapons while a loud noise is heard. Damn that scared the shit out of me.
OH, also...
When you're in the Centennial Building and you look inside the cop car and the German Shepherd jumps at you.
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
tonkagarfield
Just Passing Through

Post by tonkagarfield »

My scariest moment in the game would either be.
The slow creeping fear ya get when exploring devil's pit, I walked around in the dark because I didn't want to see if ya got a pop-up when ya got the lighter out.
And I think the...
Moment when you're in the vents and you so desperately want to get out from Overlook but you see through the eyes of the monster that wants to drag you back in. I think I could feel my heart pounding because of that moment, that and the QTE doing its job.
aj4x94

Post by aj4x94 »

Mine is probably
The Devil's Pit train ride with the hoards of Weeping Bats swarming overhead and the miner mannequins coming closer with every flash of light
I'm ashamed to admit it, but it scared the shit out of me when
you got out into the courtyard of the Oprhanage and a Weeping Bat jumps out of nowhere and knocks you over.
You can take my heart
And hold it together as we fall apart
Maybe together we can make a mark in the stars we embark
And keep us together as the lights go dark
SaveMeFromThem
Just Passing Through

Post by SaveMeFromThem »

It would be a very long list of all of the moments that scared me in this game, but one I have to mention is:
In the orphanage when you're going into a dark room (filled with Dolls) to get an axe so you can break some boards barring you from going further you have to travel through a short hallway and all of a sudden a curtain flashes in front of you with the silhouette of a man "axing" another man. I actually had to reload the game from a save just before that, and the second time down the hallway it made me jump AGAIN when that happened.
SaveMeFromThem
Just Passing Through

Post by SaveMeFromThem »

Warpath wrote:What was your scariest moment when playing through this game? Mine was when I was roaming the streets, completing side quests and what not, and I came across a basement. Inside the basement was
random noises such as a woman crying. That really freaked me out, but the part that really caught me off guard was when I came back to the basement from downstairs, the crying stopped and the door to the noises was open. I literally shit myself :D
Anyways, what was your most scariest moment throughout the game?
Oh man...I just got to this part on my second playthrough. Did you...
Try to turn on the TV, thus blowing the power and shutting off the lights in the basement? I'm too scared to go back down now! :shock:
EileenGalvin
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EileenGalvin »

I have not done many side quests on my first play through, so I can only go by the main story. Here the part that freaked me out the most was the train ride through the caverns, when things start to go crazy and the mine workers kept coming closer.
I wanted to scream at Murphy "Don't blink!!"
[url=http://www.visitsilenthill.com][img]http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j269/EileenGalvin/vshsignature.gif[/img][/url]
Luotka Snih
Just Passing Through

Post by Luotka Snih »

The scariest moment for me was during the spot the difference side quest. I had no idea what I was supposted to do, so I started playing with the TV, the lamp, and the candle. Then, Murphy said "did something change??", I saw nothing, jeez, I hadn't even spotted the mirror yet. So I went to the other side of the room, "maybe something got unlocked" I thought. Murphy had his back to the TV, and out of nowhere, his head turned around and Bam! an invisible screamer got me. I got so scared I literally beat out of the sreamer crying like a little girl, haha, silly me.

Devil's pit and the prison also got me anxious, I expected something that never happened, at least by the beggining of those levels