Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

New E3 2011 Trailer

Post by Dark Shadow »

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

Re: New E3 2011 Trailer

Post by jdnation »

Konami Press con confirms SIlent Hill Book of Memories portable game for NGP!

Michael J Bassett and Heather tease film!

New Downpour trailer is so awesome!
soam108
Just Passing Through

Post by soam108 »

jdnation wrote:Konami Press con confirms SIlent Hill Book of Memories portable game for NGP!

Michael J Bassett and Heather tease film!

New Downpour trailer is so awesome!
And also an HD remake package of SH 2 and 3.....

But about this trailer, I don't know how I feel about it, there's so much going on in there, what I really want is just a solid several minutes of gameplay to really get a feel for the atmosphere.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

I promised myself I wouldn't get too hyped up, but damn, that was a quality trailer. The visuals are impressive, the voice work and script seem solid so far, and the music is fantastic.

Yay.
Last edited by Catch22 on 03 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I was sure redrum was going to beat everyone to this, but I guess he's too busy drooling. :D

Everything still looks....well, AMAZING is an understatement. That attack was INSANE!
I guess Murphy witnesses someone committing suicide. Interesting.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I really like the music in the trailer.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

My feelings on the new Downpour trailer are mixed. It looked good but it seemed like they had too much going on. Could just be because it was a trailer, but I never got a feel for the game from it. Not sure how I feel about the whole "jump up and grab you" monster situation either. I'm still pretty excited, though. I guess we will find out soon enough how the game ends up.

... and it looks like we have another new Silent Hill game announced. Book of Memories, huh? Weird that we got a title and platform on that one before any other details. Makes me feel like it might be a remake of SH1 for some reason. Could be why they didn't include SH1 on the PS3 Collection Disk. But that is just baseless speculation of course. I guess we will find out in due time.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

NanayaShiki wrote:My feelings on the new Downpour trailer are mixed. It looked good but it seemed like they had too much going on. Could just be because it was a trailer, but I never got a feel for the game from it. Not sure how I feel about the whole "jump up and grab you" monster situation either. I'm still pretty excited, though. I guess we will find out soon enough how the game ends up.

... and it looks like we have another new Silent Hill game announced. Book of Memories, huh? Weird that we got a title and platform on that one before any other details. Makes me feel like it might be a remake of SH1 for some reason. Could be why they didn't include SH1 on the PS3 Collection Disk. But that is just baseless speculation of course. I guess we will find out in due time.
With that kind of title, it makes me think perhaps it's just another collection of media. I think authorizing a remake of SH1 might be a little superfluous of Konami, and "Book of Memories" doesn't sound much like a game title to me.
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

Catch22 wrote:I promised myself I wouldn't get too hyped up, but damn, that was a quality trailer.
Same here. I was expecting some sort of disappoinment at the least, but now I know Vatra isn't fooling around. They're really in it to win it, and comparing this E3 trailer to O, H and SM, this one's the winner...by far. Just the visuals alone (def including the part near the end with that weird red aura) boasts the quality we're to witness.
soam108 wrote:And also an HD remake package of SH 2 and 3.....

Wow, really now?
soam108
Just Passing Through

Post by soam108 »

Just a wild guess, maybe Book of Memories is a game that involves several characters in various time periods of the town, similar to Eternal Darkness for the gamecube..
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

No PSOne games are being included on the collections. Those are usually just reserved for PS2 games. PSOne games are being released digitally on the PSN Store.

My bet is that Book of Memories is a new game. Damn, NGP is bringing it!
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I told myself I was on media blackout, but when this popped up during the press video, I couldn't help myself.

Really big improvement over what we've seen so far. It's weird seeing lots of people in a silent hill game together, but whatever.
Looking forward to this with great anticipation now!
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Something that slipped past me the first time was the whole "places it's never been before" deal when announcing Book of Memories, so I doubt it's a remake now, actually. I also doubt it's a collection of media. I don't see why they would bring it up in the E3 video if it was just a Silent Hill Experience 2. Plus, a collection of media wouldn't be a "place it has never been before".

I expect a new game. The title does make me think of Eternal Darkness kinda, though. But a title alone isn't really going to give any solid ideas.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Kind of non-plussed by the trailer. We get a lot of brief flashes of the game but none of them are long enough to make any sort of judgement on, combined with some lackluster soundbites and lackluster music. It may an awesome game, it may be a horrible dissapointment, but I can't really tell from this trailer.

I am really excited about the news of an HD re-release of Silent Hill 2 and 3. That sounds potentially really awesome.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

SilentWren wrote:I was sure redrum was going to beat everyone to this, but I guess he's too busy drooling. :D

Everything still looks....well, AMAZING is an understatement. That attack was INSANE!
I guess Murphy witnesses someone committing suicide. Interesting.
Damn right I was, took me a few watches to make me realise how damn good it is :mrgreen:
Last edited by redrum on 03 Jun 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Matt S
Gravedigger

Post by Matt S »

Trailer looks very interesting....lots and lots going on. Its been a long time since we got a truly badass Silent Hill game. Color me nervously excited for this one!
RIP Silent Hills
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Anyone else notice David Hayter (Solid Snake) is the voice of Murphy? :D
Piers909
Just Passing Through

Post by Piers909 »

Christ I'm loving the look of this game. All the environments look so surreal like Silent hill 4 as opposed to the usual blood, rust and gore... and the postman's voice is extremely chilling and creepy for some reason.

Murphy sounds awesome though I'm starting to think that this game isn't about him... that he is the character we experience a larger story and more complex story through.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The environments are pretty and amazing

The real world segments have awesome graphics

Gameplay of Murphy over-the-shoulder looks great

Nun character I sooooo want to meet! She looks like a nice supporting character (letting Murphy into a room)

The only thing I don't really like are the monsters. Too humanoid. Hammer guy, buff prison thing, Screamers, blonde lady that resembles L4D witch just don't remind me of Silent Hill. The ceiling crawler thing resembles something more like an alien at most :|
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

I hope they show Book of Memories at Sony's Press Conference! It's likely Climax is working on that one! I'd love to see what innovative things they could do with the series following Shattered Memories and all the NGP provides!