HOLDING the flashlight?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

HOLDING the flashlight?

Post by WolfSiberia »

Something I noticed from watching the trailer. Murphy holds the flashlight. Unlike everyone else who just had a simple pocket flashlight. (With the exception of Henry, and SHSM Harry.) Then Murphy proceeds to use the gun with one hand.
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the first to operate a gun with one hand?)
This means Murphy actually knows how to fight :]
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
46n2
Just Passing Through

Re: HOLDING the flashlight?

Post by 46n2 »

WolfSiberia wrote:Something I noticed from watching the trailer. Murphy holds the flashlight. Unlike everyone else who just had a simple pocket flashlight. (With the exception of Henry, and SHSM Harry.) Then Murphy proceeds to use the gun with one hand.
(Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the first to operate a gun with one hand?)
This means Murphy actually knows how to fight :]
Wasn't he shooting the gun left-handed as well?
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Statistically speaking, it's a probability nightmare for EVERY protagonist to pocket the flashlight. Someone had to break the mold eventually.

A prisoner knowing how to fight is practically expected, depending on his crime.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
choic
Just Passing Through

Post by choic »

He did hone straight in on the gun even before the freaky shit started. So I take that to mean he's pretty familiar with them
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

How do we know that he got the gun before some freaky stuff started? There could have been other events leading up to, "Well, things are getting scary-so I better take this gun." Maybe the truck stalled after almost hitting on of Silent Hill's many cracked-street abysses.

And the things we're shown are just cutscenes. There's no gameplay, and they still might even change the aspect of the flashlight and the gun holding :roll:
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

It would be awesome if we had a left handed protagonist! :mrgreen:
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

They said that there was a tie in between Homecoming and SM's combat.

I'm really excited for this.

Some things that I want is that, even on the easiest mode, there is a RARE (and I mean 6-10 bullets in every area) amount of ammunition. There are melee weapons, but they can be easily thrown away or broke by enemies, forcing you to run.

The otherworld seems to have a prison theme that's metallic, added in with a lot of water and electricity-which seems sexy,
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

simeonalo wrote:How do we know that he got the gun before some freaky stuff started? There could have been other events leading up to, "Well, things are getting scary-so I better take this gun."
I'm not disagreeing with you, but judging by his character and his situation (being chased). If you saw a gun, wouldn't you take it the first time you saw it? Even if this was before all the freaky stuff started?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

SM's combat.
I'm sorry, I double-taked and giggled at this part.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

I'm sorry but is there a new silent hill of some sort?
QuestionSleepZz
Gravedigger

Post by QuestionSleepZz »

GreyFox wrote:I'm sorry but is there a new silent hill of some sort?
Didn't you just post that in the Silent Hill 8 section?
Harlequin
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Harlequin »

I really hope GreyFox was just trying to be a smartass.

If I got stuck in a freaky as hell town like that with all the windows boarded up and then everything starts banging, I'd hone in on the gun too, honestly.
vanbakura
Just Passing Through

Post by vanbakura »

What is interesting about holding the Flashlight is that he will have to put it away to use melee weapons. You sure as hell can't pick up a chair and swing it with only one hand, unless you want to injure yourself.
TLDR: Doom 3?
I still think it would be a cool mechanic to have a battery life on the torch, it would add to whole survival aspect, apparently Alan Wake does something like this but I've yet to play it.
vanbakura.deviantart.com
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

yeah, but you can use a bat, pipe, or wooden plan with one hand. i

in Alan Wake, the flashlight's battery only gets drained when you focus the light in on the monsters. it's not necessary to use the batteries, but they are there in case you've drained all the power and don't want to wait for the battery to recharge itself.

i wouldn't mind if they forced you to use batteries in SH8, though. like your light will get dimmer the longer you use the flashlight. but i don't want it to be where we're replacing the batteries every half hour. tedious.
Coercion
Just Passing Through

Post by Coercion »

I'd rather the battery keep, unless there is a story element that revolves around losing his flashlight or needing new batteries for it.
[color=green]We fall from womb to tomb, from one blackness and into another, knowing little of one and nothing of the other.[/color]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

simeonalo wrote: And the things we're shown are just cutscenes. There's no gameplay, and they still might even change the aspect of the flashlight and the gun holding :roll:
the part where he's in the apartment seemed very gameplay-like to me.
GreyFox
Just Passing Through

Post by GreyFox »

Sorry guys after i found this thread i found out there was another one, i should have edited my post, really sorry guys:(
Kaiza Killa
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Kaiza Killa »

I forgive you.

H+
"Everything above your neck's going to be a fine red mist" - Sniper (Team Fortress 2).
Biccard
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Biccard »

I don't think the truck stalled. It all seemed like it was going on in his head. Because at the end of the trailer, he wakes up in the bus again, looking at the cop who was just shown to chase him and aiming her gun at him. And now she's just sits there calmly, not knowing what he's thinking.
Either that, or it was flashbacks. It didn't look at all like it was going on at the same time.
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

Coercion wrote:I'd rather the battery keep, unless there is a story element that revolves around losing his flashlight or needing new batteries for it.
If they could do something similar to SH2 that'd be pretty cool--that part freaked me out so much.
Det Som Engang Var...