general impressions thread

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

general impressions thread

Post by Doo-glas »

ok since this board is a little discombobulated let's try just one thread for our general impressions after seeing the trailer

anyway my early impressions from the low quality trailer is that it looks like it has good potential

I like the new art style that doesn't seem to be just aping the movie like Homecoming, I also like that the otherworld is not just everything covered in snow and ice

I also thought running through the woods looked cool

I am now anxiously awaiting more info
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I think the monster which becomes a cop is going to drive me fucking crazy once everyone starts saying OMG VINCENT WAS RITE THE MONSTERS ARE PEOPLE
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

alone in the town wrote:I think the monster which becomes a cop is going to drive me fucking crazy once everyone starts saying OMG VINCENT WAS RITE THE MONSTERS ARE PEOPLE
this seems like it could be (another) reboot for the series, so even if the monsters are people in this one, doesn't mean they were in the past games
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Silent Hill looks "smaller" than in previous installments
by smaller i meant by looking at the buildings, SH probably isn't a much developed town...
But thats my impression
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

This could be somewhere else in Silent Hill
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

^could be true, we don't know whats on the eastern bank of Toluca yet, so it could be that Silent Hill stretches till there (hopefully it won't have a hospital there, otherwise SH must have some serious problems :P)
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
dr_worm
Just Passing Through

Post by dr_worm »

I said it before about sh sm and i will say it for this game it looks spooktastic! dare to even say spooktastically awesome! But my thing is who was the guy when the tv flickered on?
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Thats the guy that the prisoner killed XD
no, im just joking
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

I wonder how the seemingly large amount of rain is related to the plot...if it even is. 0_o
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

It looks like a completely different town. I'd love if it was just a town twinned with Silent Hill or something. Massive cop-out, but then the developers can create just about anything.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Hydra666
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Hydra666 »

Looks great. But some people compares it to homecoming, it doesn't look like homecoming to me. It looks more like a mix between SM and Resident Evil 3.5
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

But my thing is who was the guy when the tv flickered on?
To me, it looked like Leonidas from 300. But that's just silly. Or is it. . .?
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

DirtyNorris wrote:It looks like a completely different town. I'd love if it was just a town twinned with Silent Hill or something. Massive cop-out, but then the developers can create just about anything.
Considering what Silent hill can do, it's not surprising if it warps and distorts itself a bit.

I'm more interested in how the story plays out, but of course I don't want to know this until the game is out. ruining a story is a big no no for me.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Definitely looks like a completely different town to me. But that doesn't really bother me. I'm more worried about story consistencies. I would rather they take the reboot path than the Origins plot-holes path. Especially since the guy saying "first time" or something seems to indicate he will be interacting with residents of the town.

Otherworld. Well, it looks very influenced by the boring and overused rust look, but it also had some new and interesting stuff going on as well, so I will need to see more before I make a real opinion on that.

Overall, I am somewhat worried, but mostly excited. It looked different and it looked like it could be good. Waiting for more information in the future.
dr_worm
Just Passing Through

Post by dr_worm »

Mephisto wrote:
But my thing is who was the guy when the tv flickered on?
To me, it looked like Leonidas from 300. But that's just silly. Or is it. . .?
THIS IS SILENT HILL!

hahahahaahaha man that is good he did have a grizzly beard. it was such a cock tease for us to play with i swear they knew exactly what they wanted to show with this trailer to make us go apeshit
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

JamesisBetterThanHarry22 wrote:I wonder how the seemingly large amount of rain is related to the plot...if it even is. 0_o
Yeah, it is frakkng pouring! There wasn't even this much water in SH2. XD Maybe it's the Flood? :P

As for it not looking like Silent Hill, it could be years later. Or even be the actual "resort" version of the town in real time.
Silent One
Gravedigger

Post by Silent One »

NanayaShiki wrote:Definitely looks like a completely different town to me. But that doesn't really bother me. I'm more worried about story consistencies. I would rather they take the reboot path than the Origins plot-holes path. Especially since the guy saying "first time" or something seems to indicate he will be interacting with residents of the town.

Otherworld. Well, it looks very influenced by the boring and overused rust look, but it also had some new and interesting stuff going on as well, so I will need to see more before I make a real opinion on that.

Overall, I am somewhat worried, but mostly excited. It looked different and it looked like it could be good. Waiting for more information in the future.
Just because there's a guy that says "first time?" doesn't mean he's a resident. He could be a repeat visitor to Silent Hill or commenting about the character.
JamesisBetterThanHarry22
Just Passing Through

Post by JamesisBetterThanHarry22 »

The town looks messed up, too. Maybe someone nuked the crap out of it and this is the end result. xD
Come Murphy. The town awaits you.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

My first impression was to just be excited and even more optimistic for this title than I already was. I think it looks great, from what I saw and heard. AND IT WAS ACTUALLY CREEPY (to me) so that was a plus.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

I don't know where people are getting "the monsters are people" from. I've watched teh trailer 3 times and haven't seen anything like that.

Also, that monster is FRAKKING SCARY. O___O