3D confirmed, Korn doing main theme and October release date

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: 3D confirmed, Korn doing main theme and October release

Post by VenusDoom »

^ This. I have a ton of faith in this game. I feel like it's what might save the SH series.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
gomezaddams
Just Passing Through

Post by gomezaddams »

i might have been able to get past just a mediocre instrumental piece by korn, but with J.D. vocals in it, and after hearing it sound exactly like any korn song....bleh. - as long as it's not in the actual game and i can skip it, whatever i suppose. the initial hate for the idea has past and now the apathy has set in.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

EDIT: Nevermind. Nothing to see here, folks!
How can I be lost if I've got nowhere to go?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

It's in the new trailer. And it really doesn't sound "exactly like any Korn song" either. It's got a similar vibe to their untitled album but the chorus is very different from most Korn songs.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

At the cost of sounding closed minded and annoying: Fuck this game and fuck Korn. I cannot see a single redeeming quality that would make me think that this could ever be any good. Take away the shitty Korn song and you just have a generic looking game from a hack studio. That is all.
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

SGTCOOL wrote:At the cost of sounding closed minded and annoying: Fuck this game and fuck Korn. I cannot see a single redeeming quality that would make me think that this could ever be any good. Take away the shitty Korn song and you just have a generic looking game from a hack studio. That is all.

Glad you got that off your chest.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

*Clears throat* Sorry. So anyway, a major problem I had with the trailer is that it didn't make the story look anymore interesting to me. A man is in prison, townspeople say slightly cryptic things. Storywise it didn't do anything for me. Or maybe all I could hear in my head was...not well written Korn lyrics. (Trying to be nice now.)
CeetjeBeetje
Just Passing Through

Post by CeetjeBeetje »

I'm a huge metal fan

(the other one)

And therefore I hate nu metal like Korn and Linkin Park and stuff. They're all trying to be tough guys with their half-assed guitar riffs and lyrics.
I'm sorry, but if you're used to good metal, Korn sounds really bad.
I do NOT only like metal by the way, which a lot of people think when they think of metalfans.
And the game doesn't do it for me either. What I've seen so far in trailers and gameplay footage, it looks too much like an action horror kinda deal.
'Ahh!'
'Shouldn't you be at work?'
'Yes sir, Mr. Burns.'
'Well then. Go back to work, wherever it is you work, whoever you are.'
KoRn_Child
Just Passing Through

Post by KoRn_Child »

CeetjeBeetje wrote:I'm a huge metal fan

(the other one)

And therefore I hate nu metal like Korn and Linkin Park and stuff. They're all trying to be tough guys with their half-assed guitar riffs and lyrics.
I'm sorry, but if you're used to good metal, Korn sounds really bad.
I do NOT only like metal by the way, which a lot of people think when they think of metalfans.
And the game doesn't do it for me either. What I've seen so far in trailers and gameplay footage, it looks too much like an action horror kinda deal.

Wha-? Nu metal isn't tough-guy posturing. Hell, most of it is downright whiny. And I'm also a fan of metal (which Korn is not). "Good" metal even. And Korn doesn't sound bad to me. It's cool if you don't like them though... you're hardly alone in that. Different strokes for different folks, right?

After rewatching a couple trailers, I agree that the game is giving off more of an action-horror vibe. Hopefully they were just arranged that way for marketing purposes, and aren't indicative of the pacing of the game. I don't want Silent Hill to turn into a Dead Space or *shudder* Resident Evil 5 clone.

...and I have to admit I laughed at the fan joke.
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

The voice overs felt a little badly edited....i dont want it to be like it was in Homecoming where the ambient sounds were absent during dynamic conversations....
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

Hey at least it wasn't Drowning Pool, huh?