End of trailer credits interesting

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Hell_Venture
Just Passing Through

End of trailer credits interesting

Post by Hell_Venture »

I dont know if this has any point or if its real or not but at the end of the silent hill 8 trailer where it showed the credits it said a Team Silence production i dont know if the original developers of the series are back or not or if it means anything but what do you guys think?
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

team silence =/= team silent (does not equal)
i think its just a joke
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Hell_Venture
Just Passing Through

Post by Hell_Venture »

yea i know but i just had the thought in my head at the end of the trailer like how cool it would be to have the orginal development team back i wonder what it would be like if team Silent were really back?
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I think that if Team Silent ever does develop another Silent Hill, it won't be as amazing as the old Silent Hills were. They're human and can make mistakes just like everybody else.

Regardless, everybody would be so disillusioned with the idea of Team Silent making a game they'll forget to judge it based on content instead of developers.
Mephisto
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mephisto »

"Team Silent". . . They won't come back. Get over it, people.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

And moreover, never really existed.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Yes. I think it was just a joke, a really, really, mean joke :(
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>And moreover, never really existed.<
Only it did.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

The Adversary wrote:>And moreover, never really existed.<
Only it did.
Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't only sections of the team work on each game? If I'm remembering correctly, I think that's what Aura means, that the team did not remain the same for each of the original four games.
Light Alessa
Just Passing Through

Post by Light Alessa »

Yeah the team was different in every game, only a few key guys worked on some games. Every team who've developed a silent hill game are Team Silent to me.
Climax Group, Double Helix, Vatra... all are Team Silent, as they've worked on a silent hill game. (and had members of Team Silent give them Info and tips, (Konami has members of team silent still under contract. Just working on different projects.)
[quote] I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill 8 can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.[/quote]

Put this In Your Sig If you agree :)
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

Vatra calling themselves "Team Silence" is either them trying to be cute, or being really cocky.
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

All I can say is "OH HELLLLLL NO!"
If they think it wont suck just because they call themselves "Team Silence" they have another thing coming.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I think it was more or less just a jab at the fans.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I actually think its the Konami team calling themselves that (Devin, Tomm and the others)
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

The Adversary wrote:>And moreover, never really existed.<
Only it did.
Not as most fans insist on it. Technically, Vatra is completely in their rights to call themselves Team Silent. It's essentially the Super Mario Club for horror games, not a fucking illuminati for the University of Hardcore Badass Flawless God-tier Game Designers.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
_Drake_
Hope House Careworker

Post by _Drake_ »

Yet, sadly, people will still get a hard-on for the mere uttering of "Team Silent" and clamor together to preach like babbling idiots on how "Teh new Silent Hill's arent Silent Hill! 1-4 forevah!", when the black sheep of the damn series (4) which received the lowest scores of all the games, was made by their supposed holy ones (Team Silent, which itself was never made of the same members, always being different in each installment)

So what if they call themselves "Team Silence", good for them. Who gives a crap. I'd rather focus on the game, rather than going all nerd rage over the fact that they call themselves something similar to "Team Silent".

I mean seriously, it just seems like petty nitpicking.

~Drake

"Oh it get's to me alright" - Vincent
My Silent Hill Fanfic, Silent Hill: Spiritual Dissonance
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Look at it this way. They had enough respect and.. erm.. reverence if you will to call themselves Team Silence and not Team Silent. If it makes you happier, they fear your nerd rage over the name enough to make it a bit different.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Guys, it also said that Mira wrote the screen-play. Since these credits are clearly 100% serious, that must mean that Mira exists and Silent Hill is real and they are basing these games on real life, and the Dog Ending is canon to real life.

Alternatively; How dare they be so cocky to reference the older games that I like?! THEY CAN'T LIKE THEM TOO THAT MEANS THEY SUCK!!!

... seriously, people? This is way beyond ridiculous at this point.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

I'm just wondering if and when they will settle on one development team to make more than one console silent hill title. I wonder if they'll make this a pattern of different teams for different titles. And if this is because each new team have not done a very good job in Konami's eyes, or merely for the sake of variety for the series.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Or because the job is bid on and the lowest bidder gets it, maybe.
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|