Nurses and PH?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

JKristine35
Subway Guard

Nurses and PH?

Post by JKristine35 »

I haven't seen this interview put up, so sorry if this has already been posted. Is this XBOX article speculating about the return of PH and nurses, or is this something legit?
Expect Mr. Escaped Prisoner Man, Murphy Pendleton to face freaky nurses, metal pyramid-bonced murderers and an army of meatbags and walking giblets when Silent Hill 8 arrives some time in 2011.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news ... Title.html
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Oh, dear god! I hope it's not legit. :|

Well... The article mentioned "Expect..." it seems to me that the writer of that article was guessing PH might make a return.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

It looks like speculation.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
JKristine35
Subway Guard

Post by JKristine35 »

I really hope so. PH is cool and all, but he played out once he made his appearance in the movie. He doesn't need to return.
True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

Seems like sarcasm to me, I doubt they will put PH in another SH game, but they might with the nurses. Never know for sure until we get screenshots/and the game is out.
46n2
Just Passing Through

Post by 46n2 »

True wrote:Seems like sarcasm to me.
The once proud Silent Hill has become somewhat of a running joke to quite a few gaming outlets. :(
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

Well... If they actually know what Pyramid Head is for, at least we know Murphy is guilty of his crime! :mrgreen:
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Droo

Post by Droo »

It's wild speculation of the most inane kind.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

We don't even know if Murphy really is a criminal.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You're going to be able to sightjack Pyramid Head so you can run from him with an FPS perspective and-...sorry.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
TheLittleOyster
Just Passing Through

Post by TheLittleOyster »

I think it's just a joke at how familiar PH is to so many people now. I've seen him brought up plenty of times on gaming sites just as the "mascot" of Silent Hill by writers who really weren't familiar with the games at all, but were aware of his prominence in the fan community.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Who's the fuckhole who wrote this? It seems like his/her only knowledge of Silent Hill is "sexy nurses" and "pyramid heads".

Cliche, if you ask me.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Did they even show actual gameplay footage at E3? I thought there was only a trailer.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Nope, there was no gameplay.
pistukas
Just Passing Through

Post by pistukas »

Now I really want to call them "morons". Sexy nurses... pyramid-bouncing MURDERERS... Ohh c'mon...
Last edited by pistukas on 18 Jun 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

Yeah, the way that sentence is written tells me the so-called journalist didn't even do his research, let alone play one of the games for more than 10 minutes. He/She probably thinks Red Pyramid is in every game.

And I agree with Alone. My first thought when I saw Murphy in handcuffs is, "Is he even really a criminal?" Right now, we know absolutely squat, which is probably more than said author.
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

It reads like all the articles that said "The trailer showed James sitting at a crossroads, waiting for Mary" and crap like that; wild speculation.
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

Which ones said that specifically? I saw a lot that said he bore a resemblance to James, and was sitting with his head in his hands. Other than the appearance though I can't recall much else.

Point remains valid though in any case.
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

No and no.

I want neither nurse nor Pyramid Head in this game. SH:SM proved we can handle a game w/o either. Let's not hinder our progress now. :|
extreme-nero
Hope House Careworker

Post by extreme-nero »

The writer probably only played SH2.