Nintendo Magazine Interview with Climax

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Terminus
Gravedigger

Nintendo Magazine Interview with Climax

Post by Terminus »

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co. ... p?id=14814

Nothing terribly exciting. Sam Barlow and Mark Simmons talk about why they chose to reimagine Silent Hill instead of make Silent Hill 7 or 8, Resident Evil, Capcom and Sega complaining about mature sales, their desire to make another Silent Hill in the future, and more.
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

I like the last question and I agree. This is the first game in the series since 1 or 2 where it makes it's own identity. yeah the other games are good but this game is different AND good.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Interesting interview. One thing is starting to slightly worry me though... the way they keep going on about it being re-invented. It dawned on me that they might not simply mean SHSM had a re-invented survival-horror theme, but that this may be the future of the entire rest of the series, whatever that entails. As great as Shattered Memories was, I have to admit that I hope not. The demon/cult thing was a big part of what drew me into liking the series in the first place; I won't be thrilled if it's done away with entirely. But that's just me.

I found it amusing the way they rip on Resident Evil; not the first time I've seen/heard it happen from them. d:
We also talked about nightmares and what nightmares people have. Everyone remembers nightmares from being a kid where you're running and then you can't run any more and something's chasing you. So we thought let's focus on that.
I think that was a brilliant move on their part. It's very true, I have had/still at times have dreams like that. It was interesting of them to build on a simple, but true idea.
Maybe the first time you see an AI he'll be right in your face when you open a door and you'll jump but when you respawn, maybe you won't see an AI for the first ten or twenty seconds and you'll be thinking 'I know they're there because I saw them last time'. The suspense is building and you think 'I'm getting away' and as you're walking across an open courtyard suddenly you hear screams and suddenly there are three guys coming for you. You can never relax.
Also true. In one of my chases, I didn't come across any for a good while, then bam! one opens the door and comes face to face with me just as I approach the door. >.>
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Skele
Subway Guard

Post by Skele »

Eh, one of them mentions how easy it is to scare gamers, yet many people say SH:SM isn't scary at all. funny.

anyway, this interview upsets me even more because of the fact that they mentioned Konami wanting to revisit the first game, due to it being the 10 year anniversary. i would've much preferred a proper remake over SM, but oh well :(

Climax sure likes to rag on other games/developers. they overhype their stuff, and put down other games. less of both, and more originality from them would be my advice. i still think they suck, but it looks like they'll have another shot at making a SH game... so i hope they finally get it right.
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

Skele wrote:Eh, one of them mentions how easy it is to scare gamers, yet many people say SH:SM isn't scary at all. funny.
Well, to be fair when they said that they were making an example, and the example made sense.
As great as Shattered Memories was, I have to admit that I hope not. The demon/cult thing was a big part of what drew me into liking the series in the first place; I won't be thrilled if it's done away with entirely. But that's just me.
And this is just my opinion, but being one of the resident anti-cultists around here, I've got to say I'm praying we never hear from the cult ever again. They drag this series down.

Anyway, this interview makes me so hopeful. Climax proved a lot with SH:SM, and I can't wait to see where they go next.
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

Great interview. I never knew why people slated Climax so much. They are giving us a great game! Even Origins was good. I would love to see another Silent Hill from them :D