Travis' age...Huh?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

What's the point of that? Why burn her twice?

If this is a second girl, the point is clear: this is the substitute body that will be declared dead.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Why burn her twice?
According to your theory she isn't being burned upstairs.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Yes, and then it seemed like you were suggesting that Alessa was burned once, then moved to the second floor to be burned again. Please correct me if I misunderstood your post.

I believe that Alessa is burning (or about to burn) in the basement at the same time this unidentified corpse is sitting on the second floor several feet away from the approaching flames.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

If that were the case, Dahlia needn't be outside.

There's a problem yet addressed. I need to reread some memos.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
RedPyramid3223

Post by RedPyramid3223 »

How old is Travis?

Old enough to party :lol:
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

^Always.
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

my guess judging Travis' looks i say later thirties early forties
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Travis' age is a problem if we underestimate the age of Young Travis and overestimate the age of Nurse-Thwackin' Travis.

Knowing that Haley Joel Osment was 11 when The Sixth Sense was made, I feel safe estimating Young Travis' age to be about 13 when his mother was committed and about 15 in this flashback. I blame the voice acting for the tendency to underestimate his age. More telling is the boy's height; he comes up to his father's shoulder.

A lot of the estimates for Older Travis' age seem kind of high to me, considering he has no lines on his face, no visible grey hairs, etc. I think part of what makes people guess high is that the character art (if they're looking at it) features Travis wearing a very stern expression and sporting a five o'clock shadow. Additionally, he has an occupation (and a wardrobe) that we simply don't think of as belonging to someone in their twenties. Looking at the picture, I can certainly see Travis being 27, if that's what the math comes out to.

Here's a 40-year old Hugh Jackman playing a man who isn't supposed to age. Even with Hollywood makeup and effects, he still looks considerably older than Travis.

The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Richard Grady committed suicide in 1961. Silent Hill: Origins happens in 1973. If Travis is 27 in '73, he'd have been 15 years old in the flashbacks, and born in 1946. I'm not sure Travis looks 15ish in those flashbacks.

Helen would have been 20 when she had Travis, then.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

>Helen would have been 20 when she had Travis, then.
Not at all unreasonable.

Do we have a date for the Sanitarium flashback? Helen was committed in 1959, so I don't see why the first flashback couldn't take place anytime between then and 1961. I do think he could be 15 in the second flashback, based on his height. Or maybe he's 14, and the older Travis is 26. *shrug* All I know is he's much younger than 40.
Cyrus Hanley
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Cyrus Hanley »

Aric - The Reaper wrote:my guess judging Travis' looks i say later thirties early forties
Looks can be deceiving.

My guess is that Travis was in his mid to late twenties when Origins happened, and that his troubled childhood and all that late-night trucking have taken a huge physical toll on him subsequently making him look considerably older.

Of course, the Silent Hill timeline on this website is far more accurate than any speculating that I could do.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

I always thought he was in his late twenties early thirties and I put his somewhat haggard looks down to his heavy smoking and the PSP graphics.
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Where's the evidence that Travis was such a heavy smoker, again? Not that I disagree, I just don't remember where we learned this.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

There isn't evidence he's a heavy smoker. However, he does, by his own admission, "only smoke when [he's] happy."

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

So he's not much of a smoker at all then? The man just strikes me as someone who isn't very often.. happy.

But staying up for long stretches of time, as truckers often do will also prematurely age you. Not so far fetched to think he looks a decade older than he is.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

very true, staying awake for a long time will make you look older till you get the sleep you need
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
Web_Zombie
Just Passing Through

Post by Web_Zombie »

AuraTwilight wrote:Where's the evidence that Travis was such a heavy smoker, again? Not that I disagree, I just don't remember where we learned this.
Oh my bad, well like MMY said there's no evidence he's a heavy smoker I just always believed he would smoke a lot because of his profession. Seeing as cigarettes calm you down and stuff, he's a smoker but not necessarily a heavy one :)
I smell the smelly smell of something that smells smelly...
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i think those energy drinks make him look a little dragged
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Travis is most certainly not a heavy smoker, just that the stress of his past and work that makes him look older.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

agree, if you were to talk or interview him he would prolly be like tired and fall asleep

Reporter: Hello Travis
Traivs: ZzZzZz
Reporter: Traivs?
Travis: *dreaming of sleep*
Reporter: :|