The "I got it" & Impressions thread

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I alway's liked PH, however i dont get how he ties into the overall story of this installment of Silent Hill. I mean I alway's thought PH, was just a figment of Jame's imagination.. Now he's mentioned in Origins.. will someone explain to me.. how PH ties into Travis's Mental state of mind. Unless of course PH, was something created by the order.. to drive out the fear and hatred of those who entered the town so that the demon could feed upon those fears and hatred.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

umm~

hard to explain.... there are pictures of him through the town, when james revisited silent hill he took that subconious picture of him and turned him into his punisher.... yeh someone else can explain it better... lol
oO?
Lostkitsune
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Lostkitsune »

I just got it about 3 hours ago! Wow the game has blown me away so far the graphics are great and I love the fighting system and the new enemies, also the intro was AMAZING.
Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

Still padding around the hospital at this point but I fucking adore this game. :3 Simply the ambient noise alone is a huge driving force for that. PSP closeness + headphones = Burrrrrrr *shivers*
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

did anyone ever think, that perhaps PH is actually a representation of the demon inside the Flaros?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

^^^^^what does that have to do with this thread???^^^^

anyways Im playing it for the 3rd time and Im in the theature I have finnally started useing all the accolades and extra things I unlocked. hopefully I will get the bad ending this time. Origins definantly has high replay value..
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

PH I believe to be alot more than just a side character from sh two.. I believe that the cult and it's followers comissioned PH as a sort of gate keeper for the otherworld. And of course every person see's PH in a different way.. Like James saw him as he appeared in the pictures he saw aruond silent hill.. Travis see's him as a butcher... Walter Sulivan from SH4 the room.. in the memo from SH2.. said he was a red devil.. so perhaps even he viewed PH in a different way. So what I'm saying is.. that PH is perhaps just an extension of everyone's minds.. and guilty consciousness. Does anyone else see what I'm saying here.. or understand my theory?
King Crimson
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by King Crimson »

please start a new thread this is not the place for it. this is a thread for people to discuss what they think of the game now that they have it.
Last edited by King Crimson on 14 Nov 2007, edited 1 time in total.
Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth. There is no spoon.
Lostkitsune

Post by Lostkitsune »

^^^^^ *Directed to David01*
Its nice to theorize but thats a little off topic....

Also on topic I found that the game gets progressivley better as I go on! I just finished the theater and I had a lot more fun with it then the LONG sanitarium...
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

My apologies I meant to post that theory in another thread.

Post by David01 »

My apologies I meant to post my theory in another thread.. I mead an error I am sorry. :(
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

.... my eyes obviously missed this thread.

This is my copy of Silent Hill 0rigins, lol

(Along with Jeanne D Arc, Brave Story, and FFT: War of the Lions, lol)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v18/bluewind/Sigs/jigoku2-1.gif[/img]
Chrism~
Hope House Careworker

Post by Chrism~ »

Bah I still have to wait at least a week, now I really want this game :(

I wish we could get the butcher statue too, hopefully someone will put it up on ebay. Anyone got some screenies on the statue?
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

is it worth buying or renting?

I'm thinking about maybe getting it for Christmas
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

I don't own it, as I don't have a PSP and would rather spend my money on other stuff, but a friend of mine got it the day it came out, and I've played about an hour of it at his place. Pretty impressed with it, most of the atmosphere manages to carry over pretty damned well, considering the limitations the game is under. Easily the best game I've ever played for PSP, aside from MGS: PO.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

I'm still waiting for my paycheck so, I can go get Origins. I feel as though I'm behind everyone else in playing Origins. But this Friday I should have it.. so far I have watched the YouTube video of the bad ending..and some game play video from the actual game, to kinda get a feel for the game. Adn let me tell you.. the CGI in this game looks soo damn good... it even tops Next Gen console games CGI.. it's incredible and wonderful to look at. and even the gameplay.. looks so great.. It's like they took the graphic's of sh 1.. and combined those graphic's with Sh2's graphic's.. and from what I saw Travis moved soo smoothly... it simply looked awesome!! and I cannot wait to get my hands on this game.
Krysta

Post by Krysta »

David01 wrote:But this Friday I should have it.. so far I have watched the YouTube video of the bad ending..and some game play video from the actual game, to kinda get a feel for the game
wow. Obviously you don'r give a fook about *spoilers* yourself as you begun your adventure with Origins from the ending movie. Anyway, still have to make couple of playthroughs for my final opinion about this game but this game surely didn't dissapoint
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

Krysta wrote:
David01 wrote:But this Friday I should have it.. so far I have watched the YouTube video of the bad ending..and some game play video from the actual game, to kinda get a feel for the game
wow. Obviously you don'r give a fook about *spoilers* yourself as you begun your adventure with Origins from the ending movie. Anyway, still have to make couple of playthroughs for my final opinion about this game but this game surely didn't dissapoint
I don't care for spoilers, because I get really really scared in horror games if I dont know whats to come. Like, too scared to play.
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Well my apologies... but this whole section of the forums.. is supposed to be for spoilers.. so I assumed that it was ok to post spoilers.. my apologies once again.
manong janitor
Gravedigger

Post by manong janitor »

David01 wrote:Well my apologies... but this whole section of the forums.. is supposed to be for spoilers.. so I assumed that it was ok to post spoilers.. my apologies once again.
Na, I think they mean that personally they dont care if you spoil the game for yourself by READING the spoilers. Some people would refrain from this section until they have finished the game so they would get all surprised and shit when they encounter it in the game, but if they read it before hand, the impact would be lost.
Amazonagent
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by Amazonagent »

David01 wrote:Well my apologies... but this whole section of the forums.. is supposed to be for spoilers.. so I assumed that it was ok to post spoilers.. my apologies once again.
Yes this is a spoiler section but as stated in the Rules for this section there may be people who have not reached a certain point that you have reached so we ask that spoiler tags be used to hide specific plot points unless a thread is very specific in it's topic title. Please be aware of this thanks.

-AA