"Let me burn"

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

sh#1fan
Historical Society Historian

Post by sh#1fan »

staticshock wrote:
sh#1fan wrote:
Mandiran16 wrote:PERSONALLY I would rather just die instead of being a tortured burn victim for seven years
That would not be possible. Yes you would want to die, but remeber in SH1 dahlia used a magic spell to keep her alive in a endless nightmare. So that the other half or her soul (cherel) would here her crys and pain and be drawn back to her.
If I recalled correctly, Dahlia said that after alessa was burnt....we see that cutsee in the last section of Nowhere....Dahlia, Kaufman, and two other doctors were huddled over alessa's already burnt body and discussing where to go next since the ritual was half complete.......therefore it could be possible that alessa wanted to die right there and then instead of being a burnt victim for 7 years....
sigh i guess thats true..
Mabey it was lisa and kaufman keeping her alive for the first bit?
oO?
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

Actually, I don't think the spell kept Alessa alive; the god inside was already taking that roll. I believe the spell Dahlia castes on Alessa was simply to draw the other half of Alessa's soul back to Silent Hill.
[url=http://www.gaikokujin-talent.com/profile/voice/monica_horgan/monica_horgan_cm01.mp3]Silent Hill Insurance[/url]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Alessa said "Let me burn" because she assumed it would kill her--she was suicidal, after all. Climax might not have been aware of that, though.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

^^ Yes, I agree. Alessa just wanted to die, but we all know the fire won't kill her.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It would be better for "myself" to die.
After all, it's nothing to be afraid of...
That child....that demon.... When I think of the endless pain
it will bring when it is birthed....
I decided that, instead of the suffering and cruelty I endured
in that sick room, that I would like to bestow a more gentle
and peaceful death on "myself".
Why do "I" resist?
I never thought of "myself" as such a fool.
Alessa's own words, from SH3, to end up any surmises about this matter.
sh#1fan

Post by sh#1fan »

No way~

I dont remeber that... lol im gonna go play sh3 now.
oO?
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

Ian wrote:
It would be better for "myself" to die.
After all, it's nothing to be afraid of...
That child....that demon.... When I think of the endless pain
it will bring when it is birthed....
I decided that, instead of the suffering and cruelty I endured
in that sick room, that I would like to bestow a more gentle
and peaceful death on "myself".
Why do "I" resist?
I never thought of "myself" as such a fool.
Alessa's own words, from SH3, to end up any surmises about this matter.
Another thing that Allessa/Heather said:
Douglas: Maybe killing you here is the only way to end this
nightmare...

Heather: Yeah, you might be right.
So, it's pretty clear that Alessa wanted to end all suffering through suicidal. I can't blame her, her mother was torturing her to birth god.
SonOfSpardaDude
Just Passing Through

Post by SonOfSpardaDude »

Dahlia was such a bitch. She burned a 7 year old girl to get ultimate power. What I don't undrstand is how Dahlia and Alessa got all those powers and spells used in the game.
[b][color=Red]The world was a sandbox for Man, made by God. But thou destruction of the world was not of God's, but of Man's desire to ever expand beyond over. And thus we cower within our guilt.[/color][/b]
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

^ I doubt Dahlia has powers. Alessa has actually. Dahlia did a ritual so that Alessa can birth god. Because of this, Alessa gained power.
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Dahlia may not be telekinetic like Alessa, but she does exhibit some power. She was able to predict Harry's arrival in Silent Hill - precognition. You might even consider her ability to roam around freely in Silent Hill a power, when Alessa is reponsible for shifting the town, though apparently not its inhabitants, into another dimension.
Conjurer
Hope House Careworker

Post by Conjurer »

But being able to use Gyromancy does not = precognition..
JuriDawn
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by JuriDawn »

Semantics. I still consider it a power. I'll bet if the average schmo attempted to use Gyromancy to foretell the future, they'd get zilch for results. Certainly nothing so specific as "the other half of my daughter's tortured soul will be arriving on Thursday."
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

Ooops yeah, forgot about that. Dahlia has powers, it seems like her power was more of an abillity (to me) but I forgot that she does Gyromancy, which I guess is some sort of power.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Alessa has actually. Dahlia did a ritual so that Alessa can birth god. Because of this, Alessa gained power.
Alessa already had powers before she was considered to be chosen for the ritual. Perhaps you've wanted to say that Alessa has gained more power. And let's not forget her abilities to use the Virun VII Crest.
Fatal_Sims
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Fatal_Sims »

Scratch what I said, I just came from Translated Memories, you're right. Alessa gained unique powers when she was born. She gained more power when Dahlida did the ritual
game_over
Hope House Careworker

Post by game_over »

Tisc tisc. Should've let her burn, Travis. Now you've unleashed an evil power towards this town.
Travis: I thought I would get paid for being a good bypasser like in GTA Vice city. I didn't know this game was Japanese.

James: Thats what I thought when I went back to Silent hill for the second time. Should've listened to my doctor's advice and stayed off the grass.

Harry: Thanks alot, Travis. Now because of your dumb idea,
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I will get killed on SH3.
Heather: You kinda unleashed me, right? I mean, I still don't get the whole Heather/Alessa thingy. Am I her? Is she me?

Henry: Does this have any thing to do with me? I'm kinda lost here.

Eileen: You know, we should just stay out of this. Walter might be more related to these sort of cult stuff.

Walter:*comes out of nowhere with a Chainsaw* Did someone mention my name?

*every body run away from the fear of getting chopet to pieces by Walter's chainsaw*

Walter: Hey, stop. Its just a toy. See? It halloween next week.

Watch your spoilers, please.
Scanman22
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Scanman22 »

Alessa wanted to just end it and die, for one - b/c of the extreme pain, and for two - so that she could prevent the god from being born within her!

Dahlia knew that the god would keep Alessa alive to be birthed. Dahlia was pissed that Alessa was not cooperating so she locked her inside the house and set it ablaze. Alessa's conscious self would be comatose and the god could grow inside of her with no problems since Alessa couldn't fight back per se. Little did Dahlia know that Alessa would be able to manifest the Otherworld from coma state. So, Dahlia needed some help. . .
- Member of the Order -
~ The Sect of Valtiel ~
pyramid8mydog
Just Passing Through

Post by pyramid8mydog »

Fatal_Sims wrote:^ I doubt Dahlia has powers. Alessa has actually. Dahlia did a ritual so that Alessa can birth god. Because of this, Alessa gained power.

This brings up an issue i have that was in another thread
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopi ... highlight=

It has been said that Silent Hill itself has powers and that the gods themselves do not exist but are manifestations of peoples minds and that the final boss in sh1 is from dahlias mind and that alessas nightmare is not actually from her own powers but the towns.

This is true for james because hes just a "normal" guy. Henry is dragged into walters world and again it is debatable wether this is because walter has powers because Valtiel is in his mind or because of Silent Hill. Does the god really exist therefore giving Alessa herself real supernatural power?

I think she just wanted to die so the god couldnt be born, or the pain was bad and she didnt want to go on living.
Life is but a walking shadow, a poor player that struts and frets his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

Wow, so embarassing :oops: Sorry for the double topic. Some how I've never seen this thread.

But nobody has mentioned this...What if Dahlia made Alessa say "Let me burn" so Travis might leave her alone not interfer?
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
Silent Fantasy

Post by Silent Fantasy »

i doubt Dahlia had anything to do with it.
WARNING: Some Parts of Reality May Seem Violent or Cruel.