PS2? PSP?

Truck drivin' Travis detours into Silent Hill. Tree Top Tall & Wall-to-Wall, Good Buddy.

Moderator: Moderators

Which do you like more?

SH:O for the PSP
51%
SH:O for the PS2
43%
Origins sucked.
6%

Total votes: 69

Raider Man

Post by Raider Man »

Exactly and the monsters are different than the PS2 one
According to the graphics I believe that grpahics are better than the PS2, when I first got the Origin game in PS2 I see the graphics is not clear a little, but I saw the PSP one in youtube is amzing since I never played it, and the mosnters I saw there are different from the PS2 one.
As for the vincent custome I never heard about that, is that also contain in the PS2? If so how do I have to get it?
DarkeningNightmare
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by DarkeningNightmare »

the monsters are exactly the same. a little harder to defeat yeah, but they do not change in appearance.
"It is the end of days, and i am the Reaper."-Dark Alessa
Silentbunny
Just Passing Through

Post by Silentbunny »

I like the PSP version myself (I own both so yeah...but the PS2 version saw Hell and never came back and plus, I already had a PSP). The models look better in it.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/Weirdgirl_Shfan/Constantine_by_Omtn_DNfanzZ-1.png[/img]
[i]"Let your life be your dream. Integrity, honesty, it's too late for me. Don't look back 'till you're free to chase the morning."[/i] - Repo! The Genetic Opera
Morbid.Marionette
Just Passing Through

Post by Morbid.Marionette »

Okay after like a half hour of trying to get the video up here's Travis' eye glitch:
Enika
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Enika »

Morbid.Marionette wrote:Okay after like a half hour of trying to get the video up here's Travis' eye glitch:
Oh geez... that's really strange O_O

I don't have the PSP version, but I love my PS2 version. I've encountered maybe two instances of glitching while playing it, and neither of them were a big deal. (I got picture changes on the weapons and only one file out of many closed itself before I could read.) I finish things easier with a sit-down console than with a portable, so the PS2 version was the choice for me.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Post by AnastasisXD »

i ahvent played the ps2 version, but i think PSP is better 4 me, i like it
besides, i have bought a thingy that is attached to psp and now it is like the ps2 controler
Oddish
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Oddish »

I don't even own a PSP, and I'm not going to get one to play a game that I already have for my PS2.
dman
Just Passing Through

Post by dman »

I've got Origins on PSP - I have never been able to find it on the PS2 unfortunately.

It's great to play on the PSP. Many arguments say it's hard to get the same level of horror on a handheld system but i was shitting myself in some spots. Especially cuz its a bit harder to see the screen!

Note: Play at night, lights off headphones on (or hi-fi system up loud) for maximum effect.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: PS2? PSP?

Post by thy_butcher »

I'm about 15 years late to this party, but I've ordered a PSP for myself and you all know that Origins will definitely be one of the first things that I check out. I'm pretty excited to see how it compares to the PS2 version. I remember there being a weird bug in the weapon menus of PS2 Origins where all the pictures of the weapons would be the same thing... like everything would be the shotgun or something.

I wonder which version is better visually?

This reminds me of when I bought a Wii for Shattered Memories after already having the PS2 version. Lights off and headphones on, I'm gonna try to make this a good experience despite SH0 being my least favorite in the Series.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

The PS2 version was definitely the superior version graphically.

However, at least in MY experience, the PS2 version was vastly inferior due to a pile of sound glitches I dealt with. The music tended to not loop, so pretty much in any scene or area, the music would play once and then it'd be dead silent.

Like, consider the last areas of SH Origins. It's a pure industrial nightmare of sound. But on PS2, it'd just end up being completely quiet audio wise and just the sound of your footsteps and monsters. So lame.

But I've complained about this before and a lot of people said they didn't have these issues. I did try two copies though and both had the same problems. So if you can find a glitch free copy, PS2 would win for sure. But I'd only recommend the PSP version from personal experience. Far as I'm concerned the PS2 port was garbage.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

@Tabris - I haven’t played PS2 SHO in several years, but I don’t recall audio glitches; granted, maybe I didn’t recognize the bugs that were there but I definitely don’t recall the music cutting out. I had very consistent UI glitches though.

I’ve been going through Origins on my PSP, and wow I didn’t realize the visuals had such an overhaul for the PS2 port. Travis looks extra-dopey in the OG version.

I’m very interested to know who did the port. Was it the original team, Climax, or some other team? I did a Google search and didn’t see anything pertinent.

It’s nice to hear the games audio/music through headphones; sounds good.
Tabris
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Tabris »

Yeah, I'd have taken the UI glitches anyday over the audio glitches. I was so damn disappointed since I love Origins a lot and I wanted to play on the big screen with upscaled graphics really badly at the time.

Oh well, that was like a thousand years ago. Still a little bitter though.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

PS2 Travis looks a bit like Frankestein's monster for me... I like his PSP appearance better... Lisa also is hideous in PS2
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

KageReneko wrote:PS2 Travis looks a bit like Frankestein's monster for me... I like his PSP appearance better... Lisa also is hideous in PS2
Curious whether this is a case of the lower-resolution screen being more kind to the source assets, or if there’s actual content disparity between the two platforms. I’ve only played the PSP version, and it’s tough to make out the differences from screenshots on my monitor.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

If I remember correctly there's something about... like... Alessa doing a creepy smile in the PSP version that they changed to be a more neutral face on PS2 because it was clearly a movie inspired thing originally?

I can't recall if that's actually true or just something I remember being said. I haven't played Origins in well over a decade at this point. If it's true though that's at least evidence towards them changing the models somewhat.