Eddie's victims in the meat locker...

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Neelys Bar
Just Passing Through

Post by Neelys Bar »

Perhaps Eddie's desire was to kill James. The last time the two met was in the prision cafeteria and you could tell James was starting to get really suspect of Eddie. I would guess that Eddie was building up content for James, which is why Eddie was looking for something to twist around and use as an excuse to attack James.
-N.B.

"I'll be wating for you at the Bar Neely's."- Note found in motor home
evilinthishouse
Just Passing Through

Post by evilinthishouse »

Didn't the creators of SH2 say that all of the corpses in this game are based on
James's physical model because they were "too lazy" to make new ones?
[img]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u68/DreamaSkylar/GINH.gif[/img]
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

Well, if all of those corpses are James', then maybe that puts a new twist on the James corpse in front of the television at the apartments eh? Question is, are ALL of them that we see in relation to Eddie throughout the game, James model corpses? Or just these?

*Also I think that James getting a glimpse of Eddie's mind by seeing his corpse can work.
"You were making fun of me all along" is definately plausible...

*But I also think that James seeing his own corpse at that point as a form of punishment/foreshadowing could work as well...After all, James had just jumped into his own grave.

Hell, it could be a combination of both.
Didn't the creators of SH2 say that all of the corpses in this game are based on
James's physical model because they were "too lazy" to make new ones?
Evil, yeah, but it was also said to be something indicating James' mind state as well.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

I don't really believe the 'lazy' statement, I think that's a red herring. After going through the game's texture files and seeing hundreds upon hundreds of neat little details on things I never once noticed in sixty-plus playthroughs, I don't believe they really skimped on something as rudimentary as skinning textures.

You'll notice in the picture that the appearance of the clothing is different... older, damaged, dirty. That took work. If they really wanted to make changes that separated them from James, it would have taken no time at all.

Here's a little factoid: There are five bodies that look very remeniscent of James. This just after James jumps down his fifth HOLE.

Coincidence?
Monobrow
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Monobrow »

alone in the town wrote:Here's a little factoid: There are five bodies that look very remeniscent of James. This just after James jumps down his fifth HOLE.

Coincidence?
I think not! :J

Good one.
No one wins...It's a war of man.
Whoomp
Gravedigger

Post by Whoomp »

I don't know what to say other than I have never thought any more than 1 minute over those bodies.
Sway West
Just Passing Through

Post by Sway West »

Aren't most, if not all, corpses strewn throughout the game reminiscent of James-- or rather, his clothing (since the face is always indiscernible)? They all appear to be wearing dark denim jeans, and a filthy coat of some sort.

The "masked" figure at the end of Martin St., and the bloodied cadaver across from Neely's Bar, to name a few...

Edit: I just realized there's a topic, or two concerning my question/musing on the quick links page. Whewps.
Last edited by Sway West on 26 May 2006, edited 1 time in total.
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

Post by the man in the planet »

i was wondering the same thing, but there are those bodies in the prison in the round holes and such that are barefoot and apparently nude. james? or just bodies?

i was gonna say that every time you see eddie, there's a james corpse, (apartment, prison, meat locker) but there's none at the bowling alley.
[img]http://www.rubbersquare.com/flipsig.jpg[/img]
alone in the town

Or in the apartments. That corpse is naked. The one in the prison doesn't really resemble James either. The coat is brown.
Nurse Babz
My Bestsellers Clerk
Location: Is Florida considered the Dirty South or East Coast?

Post by Nurse Babz »

He meant the one facing(if he had one left) the tv.
There was a Dead RN here. It's alive now.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img106.imageshack.us/img106/6301/nbxmzw0.jpg[/img][/url]
alone in the town

But, you see that quite some time before you meet Eddie...
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

alone in the town wrote:But, you see that quite some time before you meet Eddie...
erm, yeah. true. :oops: damn. well, i already said MOST of the time. anyhoo, how'd you get a screen cap that big?
alone in the town

PC version in high-res.
Icarus
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Icarus »

Ok, I think that James sees, at each persons death in the game, what is going on in the minds of the person that's dying. Like...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Eddie in the meat locker with all the dead bodies of James, and Ang's Stiars of Fire, that for some reason is not on the map in the Hotel. Maria's death on the Hotel roof that I don't think was on the map eaither. And even James' own death. (depending on what ending you get.)
I felt [i][b]infinite[/b][/i].
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

The modellers got lazy. That's it.
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/5149/smallershsig8jd.jpg[/img]
Varg6
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Varg6 »

December Man wrote:The modellers got lazy. That's it.
I don't think so at all, I think everything in SH, is extremely detailed, and detailed for a reason, and a good one at that, everything ties in within SH..
Det Som Engang Var...
alone in the town

Besides which, the clothing on the monsters is unique and distinctly different from James' (in that its dirty and torn). Someone had to actually sit and model and create a texture for what's seen.

If they were to be lazy, they'd not have modeled any clothing at all.

The lazy argument = krap.
December Man
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by December Man »

alone in the town wrote:Besides which, the clothing on the monsters is unique and distinctly different from James' (in that its dirty and torn). Someone had to actually sit and model and create a texture for what's seen.

If they were to be lazy, they'd not have modeled any clothing at all.

The lazy argument = krap.
Creating a new model = lots of work.
Creating a new texture = minimum work.

Besides, does ANYTHING in the games have to have a meaning?...
alone in the town

They created the models to look identical to his clothing, the cut and designs and shapes. The 3D models are identical to James' wear, not just the textures.

And yes, just about everything DOES have a meaning. The reason the game is so beautiful is because even the small details mean something. If not for that, if not for the subtleties, this game wouldn't be so special.
the man in the planet
SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber

or so debated over. i don't think ANYTHING is really left up to chance or laziness. i think even things they didn't intend to have meaning, have now taken on meaning, intentionally or not.