The Whispering

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Master Aurum
Just Passing Through

Post by Master Aurum »

Me and my gf found this:

"See my dead wife, come home, do some laundry, to escape take the crimson to them saints"

or "taking crimson (something) to them saints"

no idea why we heard this, but we both heard the same thing.... could be just us of course.
It might have something to do with that book, what is it called? crimson something, I'm not really sure of it's name only that it's something with crimson.
nmbdy165
Just Passing Through

Post by nmbdy165 »

Is'nt there some guy that was going to make an appearance in the game? Was'nt the name of the guy written in the boiler room at the hotel in the last level? What was his name? I have never been able to find it again. What if that guys name is the name James is talking about when he can't wait to see the look on his face?
Tis Doubt Which Leadeth Thee to Purgatory
SH2xJames
Just Passing Through

Post by SH2xJames »

Me too...It sounds SPookEh!
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/2875/userbar306348wu7.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://ubanimator.com][img]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/9072/userbar306366tx5.gif[/img][/url]
Silent Ian
Just Passing Through

Post by Silent Ian »

In the Silent Hill series, Konami likes to throw in random noises just to spook the player out and make them ask themselves, "What was that?..."

The whispering in room 209 is nothing. Just random mumbling noises. It's not, "See my dead wife, go home and do some laundry," etc...
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Try playing it backwards
Haha, you peed your pants

-I pee lots of stuff

8 more days and I'm twenty three!...it's not that great actually....
deadhorses
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by deadhorses »

Black Vault wrote:Maybe it's what James has planned for a day?
"See my dead wife..."
Maybe Mary's dead in James' eyes, and he therefore says "dead" instead of "dying"? So he visits her and then...

"...come home, do some laundry to escape..."
...comes home, and does some laundry to take his mind off her.
i like your ideas.

but i have to say, if i was the writer for the script/game, and i had the idea to do this, i would want to make it seem that killing his wife either a. crossed his mind just as much as doing the laundry and seeing a person who for all we know could be a friend, or b. was, like you say, on his agenda for the day, thus putting killing his wife under doing his laundry and downplaying the killing of his wife.

could be his way of coming to terms with his decision, or james was a cold hearted son of a bitch.
[img]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4/cropknok/silenthillsig.jpg[/img]

i spit up dust of what they once were and fall down. i swarm.
FatalFrame
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FatalFrame »

The beginning sounds like "dead wife" then I can't understand much except the last part sounds a little like "car some peace".
Are you ready to begin your trip to the Otherside
Death is an old friend of mine
MemoryOfAlessa
Just Passing Through

Post by MemoryOfAlessa »

[b][i][size=92]It would be better for "myself" to die. After all, it's nothing to be afraid of...[/size][/i][/b]
Koudelka
Just Passing Through

Post by Koudelka »

The whispering in room 209 is nothing. Just random mumbling noises. It's not, "See my dead wife, go home and do some laundry," etc...
Yes it is. Go and listen to the link posted.
"[i]Hello Knife...[/i]"
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

Hahaha, I like the way you said that koudelka. Anyways, it has to be something. It's on the edge of being nothing but a prop but just an inch away from being something in relation to one of the characters.

-I pee lots of stuff

Dutchman
Gravedigger

Post by Dutchman »

See my dead wife, come home, do some laundry and do some ... in the cathedral, consultate some saints.

Maybe it's a list of what James wants to do after he visited Silent Hill. See his dead wife means coming to Silent Hill and search for Mary due to the mysterious letter. The centre of the sentance are the chores that he must do when he's home. The last thing is going to the church and pray.

The whispering is just his mind, his subconcious trying to make him crazy or to make him forget about his fruitless search for Mary.
[img]http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn230/Ghoul68/banner_shh_4.png[/img]
Notch2242
Just Passing Through

Post by Notch2242 »

The whispering is just his mind, his subconcious trying to make him crazy or to make him forget about his fruitless search for Mary.[/quote]

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Good one, probably the same theory with the man crying that's heard in the halls of the apartments.

-I pee lots of stuff

johnny_the_boy
Just Passing Through

Post by johnny_the_boy »

the question i have is:
if it really is Jame's subconcious or whatever, then what is the importance of the room you hear the whisper in? why not anywhere else in the game, particularily somewhere of significance?

i'm not saying that its meaningless. im just curious as to why you hear it at such a random time in such a random place.

i don't really think the whisper sounds like Jame's voice, either. i suppose it could be, or maybe its another voice actor or something, but i never put together the "dead wife" thing until i first saw this topic a couple months ago. when i heard this on my first play-through a couple years ago, i always thought it had something to do with one of the former residents of the apartment or something.

really though -- who knows? whatever it was, it sure scared the hell out of me.
we're in a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby.
strange_gifts
Just Passing Through

Post by strange_gifts »

i never heard that!! i have to go play it again and check that out!
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

I never noticed that before. But I kinda wish i never just downloaded it. it's night time here and the rents are out so i'm really freaked out now!!!
EternalEnvy
Just Passing Through

Post by EternalEnvy »

this is what i got or have managed to find out.

"see my dam wife then come home do some laundry this evening then take the cousin to some scenes"

i think im pretty dam well close to what he is saying.
to sleep and never wake....... will be a true blessing
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

i just clicked on that link and since the internet is so slow, it took a while before it was loaded so i almost forgot i opened it so it scared me a bit. :P never even noticed it in the game

anyway, i think it sounds something like "see my dead wife, come home, do some laundry then escape in this empty car [something]"
Last edited by Nanjiz on 04 Jul 2007, edited 3 times in total.
Power and chaos!
themudgopher
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by themudgopher »

after it says see my dead wife, it sounds like gibberish to me.
[img]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/themudgopher/sig.jpg[/img]
Nanjiz
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Nanjiz »

now i'm getting something else here!

"See my dead wile. Come on, I was murdered so leave me [something]"

like Mary would have whispered it or something...
Power and chaos!
ForteChef
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ForteChef »

PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I've listened to this about 450 times now. And I'm not exadurating. Whatever it's saying it's not the "goodguy" type of this. This is definatly a sinister whisper. But I'm not compleatly sure it has to do with James. There is a full cast of characters along with him. The voice sounds male, but it could be a female. With it being that quiet it's hard to tell.
Then again it might be a message or something like that to all of the people there.

The "dead wife" part we keet hearing about could be for James since he's there looking for his wife who died a long time ago.

The "Come home" part might be going out to Angela who has retured to Silent Hill which is her home (I think).

"Do some laundry" which is also a favorite among the theorist on here may have to do with Eddie. His shirt is dirty, and after he starts to kill it's bloody too.

"Do some laundry could also be going out to Pyramid Head who is covered in blood. (this ones more of a joke)"

I do hear somethihng about "the evening" which is another favorite. This could have to do with Maria who worked at Heavens Night. Heaven's Night seemed like and "after hours" sort of club.

And as for the "face" part. That's where I'm lost. It does sound like "face" but that also sounds like "space". If it is saying "make some space" or "save some space" it could go back to other people. Then again it might have something to do with those messages on the wall in Neelie"s. I think that was where they were.
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.