Nine save points

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Jo269976
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Jo269976 »

Maybe it stands for

"SAVE THE GAME! BIG BATTLE AHEAD"

plus it's the last save point in the game isn't it? Meaning you should save or you're gonna have a lot of backtracking...
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a87/Jo269976/SilentHillSig.jpg[/img]
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

I don't mean to be rude but THIS topic seems more insignificant than my topic on the color of maria's different colored hair. and so many of you post to this....shame shame shame
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

"Some people fear death,.....others pray for it."
Mis Krist.
Historical Society Historian

Post by Mis Krist. »

It's not your job to say what's insignificant or not - this actually managed to be intelligent. Yours hasn't really gone anywhere. Sorry.
I'm not dead yet, dammit.
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Krist. wrote:It's not your job to say what's insignificant or not - this actually managed to be intelligent. Yours hasn't really gone anywhere. Sorry.
Look, I know we're going in circles but let me tell you how I view the cituations.

#1. I was told I can't comment on other people's postings that they're less significant. HOWEVER about 15 people kept telling me that I'm posting insignificant topics......what's going on here? i'm really confused. I thought I brought up a valid argument to support my claim on Maria's hair and the plants. Ok maybe a lot of people didn't get my point , HOWEVER they kept telling me that what I was trying to defend was insignificant.

#2, I know it doesn't pertain to my concerns, but I must ask, did YOU tell the other people to at least back off on their accusations of my posting was insignificant? I'm not trying to suggest anything, but I obviously wasn't happy with everyone badgering me......i thought people came here to discuss,......not to belittle people's opinions.......i was wrong.

#3 What is my best alternative, I really don't want to leave this forum,,i like it here but if everyone doesn't want to look at my postings and at least try to understand them, then i might as well leave right?

"Happy people can be so cruel, is it really hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering?"

Thanks for reading this

Tears of...
"Happy people can be sooo cruel, is it too hard to believe that happiness can be born from pain and suffering??"

"It's not ME....this whole town, its been invaded by the other world.......by a world of someone's nightmarish delusions come to life."

Darth Tacos
Just Passing Through

Post by Darth Tacos »

Tears of... wrote:I don't mean to be rude but THIS topic seems more insignificant than my topic on the color of maria's different colored hair. and so many of you post to this....shame shame shame
Much like how your post was insignificant. Must you start things with everyone? Just because your topic edit: got horrible comments you don't need to criticize others. This topic has gotten somewhere, if you didn't know. There are some excellent theories people have made here. Like Krist. said, this topic has managed to be intellegent. It has a point, and if you noticed, more people are interested in figuring out what the nine saves really mean than they care about the characters' hair color. So please, your topic was locked, so leave it and stop bothering everyone else.

Ian wrote:But it could also be an allusion to the states from Hell to Bodhisattva, which are termed "the nine worlds." The highest level, the tenth level, is Buddhahood. By entering that room James "attains" his own "Buddhahood", his enlightenment, the realisation of his crimes. So, it's not far fetched that the nine save points may be an allusion (and a perversion) of that, especially with the lads who did the job are Japanese.
I really like this theory. It makes sense, sure that would be why Team Silent would probably put it in there to reflect that. This probably is what the nine saves are based on if that's not entirely correct. One can never be completely sure, but I think you pretty much hit the nail on the head with this one.
[url=http://www.sloganizer.net/en/][img]http://www.sloganizer.net/en/image,Silent-spc-Hill,black,white.png[/img][/url]
[i]You know, I don't have an excuse for this one. The lock isn't broken, I just [b]really[/b] don't want to go in there.[/i]
Tears of...
Just Passing Through

Post by Tears of... »

Like........oh my GOD :shock: Cats have nine lives too :shock: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It could mean anything, numbers hold religious significance too :o :shock: , perhaps if this save point was located in the SH3 church, it could've led to someting presise :o ......however, a number is a number, a save point is a save point. a rake is a rake........a sexually frustrated person is a sexually frustrated person.......

Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Cool & can it, would you? Like I said, and like others have said--people have come up with some really interesting ideas about this. You should actually read the thread.
HammeringInMyHead

Post by HammeringInMyHead »

I found out that there's a similar symbol, used to tell somebody to "take off" or leave, well I think it's got something to do with the danger present of the pyramid heads.

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/27/273.html

Don't pay attention to "the police is coming" part. :roll:
Mis Krist.

Post by Mis Krist. »

Hey! That's really interesting. Thanks for pointing that out. :)
der Morgenstern Czigany
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by der Morgenstern Czigany »

Amy wrote:I believe it means...SAVE because they next thing is a mo fo!!
Haha, that's what I thought! I thought it was meant to scare you, let you know that you're really going to need to save before going any further. Never thought about if it had any specific meaning. Just thought it was a random number of saves they stuck there. It could have have been 5 or 6; but instead they decided to put 9 cause....it looked good that way, or...something. *shrugs*. But I guess it's cool to look into what "9" stands for. People say the devil's number is 666, others say 999. But I think that was already mentioned, that the number represents the devil.
[img]http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee119/Isis-Osiris-Horus/RestlessDreams.jpg[/img]
[size=84]*Feel free to browse: http://www.youtube.com/89Winters .[/size]
BloodRedLion
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by BloodRedLion »

666 doesn't even represent the devil, really. There's numerous ways it can be interpreted. I've even heard someone say that it points to Emperor Nero. Some debate whether the original biblical passage read "the number of man" or "the number of a man."

Then again, let's not forget that Revelations was written by a guy stranded on an island for a number of years. He had lots of time on his hands.
ForteChef
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ForteChef »

HammeringInMyHead wrote:I found out that there's a similar symbol, used to tell somebody to "take off" or leave, well I think it's got something to do with the danger present of the pyramid heads.

http://www.symbols.com/encyclopedia/27/273.html

Don't pay attention to "the police is coming" part. :roll:
Nice one!
4 pointing baby monsters, 3 numb bodies, 2 pyramid heads and a split worm? Where's my trusty blade? This one's going to be easy.
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

Junkyard God wrote:"... The angel—in my state of paralysis—offered me, the feral human it stood before, leaving only him and the flaming grass between me and that derelict house, an opportunity to rise and transcend to the elevated heights of God and of Heaven. My demure was simple; I wanted only to return to that house in order to relish in the deviations of my own fulminating existence; the existence I call house where I fell to my knees, reciting invidious prayers to the odious devil arranged before me, in nine pellucid tiles aligned in a square, carved centimeter-deep into the western wall, casting the winged devil back into the yellow sea from whence it came so long ago. ..."
Where does this come from? It really seems to fit.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
DeSilva
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by DeSilva »

First time i played through there, i saw those nine save points and thought, "maybe i should save."

...I didnt.
Goodbye Silent HIll!
(Please Mr. Admin, banish me)
lbsword
Just Passing Through

Post by lbsword »

I don't know if its story significant.

I think its a "Hey buddy, you BETTER save here, something big is gonna happen" kinda thing.
LanceS133

Post by LanceS133 »

I think it just symbolizes that everything is finally coming together or are about to.

ie: A bunch of save points finally coming together.
"That town. That God forsaken town. It just, keeps, calling me back..."
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Where does this come from? It really seems to fit.
some guy wrote it. his name is ethan noble.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
whiter4bbit
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by whiter4bbit »

And what is it referred to? I couldn't find anything on the web.
[img]http://img422.imageshack.us/img422/7426/room312sig5qn.jpg[/img]

[size=75][b]Along with you died joy.
All that remains is despair and a future of meaningless tomorrows.[/b][/size]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Yunee
Just Passing Through

Post by Yunee »

I think the nine save points are there, just as a way for Team Silent to say " Ok guys, you seriously need to save here, don't ignore this savepoint, its important- the end boss is coming up" Because not everyone always saves, so...maybe they were just making it very obvious. :P

I didn't ever consider that had a deeper meaning, but looking at the posts written here, it's got me thinking XD
[img]http://fc02.deviantart.com/fs16/f/2007/218/0/2/You_bet__they_die____by_Yunee.jpg[/img]

In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team.