Problems with the PC port.

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

brunobb1
Just Passing Through

Problems with the PC port.

Post by brunobb1 »

Hey guys :) I'm having a problem with the PC version of Silent Hill 2. For some reason, the game freezes at random times. I'm playing the game in 1080p with the resolution patch, can anyone help me? I'm using Win7 64bits, AMD R9 270, AMD Eight Core 8320 3.5ghz. And yes, I've tried using a single core, doesn't help :/
Its Gone Now
My Bestsellers Clerk

Re: Problems with the PC port.

Post by Its Gone Now »

^ May be an idea to ask on Gamefaqs or neoseeker or somewhere like that. I know a lot of people have had trouble with the PC version, my guess is they must just have been lazy when porting it because pretty much everyone who plays the PC version has some kind of problem.

I'd just stick to the original and best PS2 version, even the PS3 HD remaster is rubbish. It's great having it on a big screen in HD but it isn't worth it with all the issues, the original PS2 release is still the best version of the game.

But if you are determined I wish you luck.
KennyPowrez
Just Passing Through

Re: Problems with the PC port.

Post by KennyPowrez »

You have to set the affinity to use one CPU core.

Start task manager-open the program but don't start playing the game- hit alt+tab- go to the "processes" and find the game, its name "sh2pc"-right click it and select "set affinity"- unselect all the CPUs, then select CPU 0- hit ok and start a new game. The game wasn't made ro run multi-core processors.