Eddie and "The Order"

James got a letter. From a dead person. Oh dear.

Moderator: Moderators

Anonymous

Eddie and "The Order"

Post by Anonymous »

Played through SH 2 over the weekend Blah blah blah same as James and Racheal post.

Well anyway I noticed something in the prison cafeteria.

On Eddies Shirt there are 2 concentric circles on his chest with writing between them. I also noticed later on in the prison in the cell with the wax doll on the wall there is a Halo of the sun, but just not quite a Halo of the sun the symbols were different. I only saw 4 somewhat circular blobby things and there were not the 3 interior circles.

Okay getting back to Eddie there was something VERY noticible the symbol was Blue

And as we know from 3

Usually drawn in red. Occasionally drawn in black or
other colors, but blue reverses the meaning into a curse
on God and is there fore forbidden.

So maybe sometime during the town Eddie gained a beef against The Order

ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

(I find this more interesting)

Perhaps after the events of SH there was a power vacum at the top levels of The Order which was trying to filled by 2 people. Each person formed a group around themselves thus making a faction. Each faction adopted a symbol one blue one red (ala War of The Roses or the Donut Diner Hats from the Cat race from the episode Waiting For God in season 1 of Red Dwarf). Well anyway the Red faction wins through physical and political means (I'd say both). and instead of saying the blue symbol is no more they decided to make sure it never comes back by saying the blue symbol is an affront to god. Maybe somehow the Blue Faction contacted and recruited Eddie (beings that SH2 is closer in the timeline to SH1 than SH3).
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I know about Occam's Razor your point being what?

even if Eddie did just for whatever reason had a beef against The Order I believe my second bit there is a good explanation of why the blue symbol could be a curse.

Oh yeah danke for the link I now know how to spell it.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

My point was that your theory is overcomplicated and requires logic to be stretched to the snapping point because there is a distinct lack of basically anything to suggest such possibilities.

I saw the mark on his shirt, but I'm going to logically assume that it's a brand mark, as one would commonly find in that area of a men's shirt, and because I made several frame-by-frame screen grabs of the mark, and in none of them was it clear enough to attribute it to anything special.

Besides, the whole idea of the Halo and its inverted color scheme wasn't even conceived until the next game anyway.

The point to linking to Occam's Razor is a learning experience. If a theory is too complicated or illogical, it's almost certainly wrong.

Oh, also, SH2 occurs six years prior to SH3, and eleven years after SH1.
lovelytourniquet
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by lovelytourniquet »

Hmm, I guess I never looked at or cared enout about Eddie to notice a symbol on his shirt, interesting.
[img]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5349/lovelyvines4tj.jpg[/img]